Coaching changes

DB4

4 minutes ago, s1nglewing said:

Geez - one down year and *poof*, you're fired.

Weak sauce.

That's duval county for you 

Part of reason Trinity Christian and Bolles been only consistent teams over there 

I would count university Christian bc 2a lacks truly elite teams 

Plus they have faced Trinity and other elite teams recently and basically lose every time 

It’s Clay County not Duval.

When you go from being as good as they were under Coach Chip to as bad as they have been the past two years. I don’t find it that shocking. That school should be competing for District Champs and Region Champs with the kind of talent that is over there. 

4 minutes ago, Joker99 said:

When you go from being as good as they were under Coach Chip to as bad as they have been the past two years. I don’t find it that shocking. That school should be competing for District Champs and Region Champs with the kind of talent that is over there. 

How many coaching changes so far in clay, duval and st John's county? 

14 hours ago, Joker99 said:

7-3 his first year. Not far off of Chip's 8-2 the year before. This season was tough, though.

I think you find out more about the direction of a program in the second year versus the first year. Just as a new coach shouldn’t have to take the blame for losses if they have taken over a program that was in disarray prior to their arrival. I think the same logic should be applied when evaluating a coach who wins in their first year that they arrive when they take over a program that was successful prior to them being a head coach. 

I'm just wondering if the constant transferring of players in and out isn't taking a toll on some of these coaches. They are trying all summer to put a viable team together and players up and leave at various times and for various reasons. Maybe other players arrive that have to be brought up to speed quickly. Many of these coaches are giving a lot of their time and effort and are probably not getting paid much or not being paid at all. At least, before the allowing of transfers anywhere at anytime, the coach knew that most of the players he worked with would still be there after the summer. Doesn't seem to be much dedication, on the part of many players, to either the school or the coaching staff anymore. Just a what's in it for me attitude. :(

16 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I'm just wondering if the constant transferring of players in and out isn't taking a toll on some of these coaches. They are trying all summer to put a viable team together and players up and leave at various times and for various reasons. Maybe other players arrive that have to be brought up to speed quickly. Many of these coaches are giving a lot of their time and effort and are probably not getting paid much or not being paid at all. At least, before the allowing of transfers anywhere at anytime, the coach knew that most of the players he worked with would still be there after the summer. Doesn't seem to be much dedication, on the part of many players, to either the school or the coaching staff anymore. Just a what's in it for me attitude. :(

Your last statement pretty much sums it up.