Coaching changes

DB4

According to J.T. Wilcox's Twitter account, Laron Culpepper is stepping down as head coach at McArthur.

Also, I know someone who is a Miami High alumni that sent me a message that said Sedrick Irvin is no longer the head coach there. The alumni group post said that he was let go because he was looking around at other schools, he says it was unexpected.

Forest Park (FL): Skip Austin has stepped down from the head coaching job after five seasons.

Lake Region (FL): After six seasons, head coach Brian Jahna has resigned.

FHSAA web site has the Ocala Forest job open and I saw an ad on High school football America has an ad for Naples Gulf Coast

Chris Hutchings has been hired by Fort Pierce Westwood as the new HC, per Jon Santucci. Previously the HC at John Carroll for the past two seasons and was at the helm of Fort Pierce Central from 2005-2010. 

Santucci noted Hutchings is the first person to be the HC at all three high schools in Fort Pierce. 

10 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

What caused the program to drop over the past few seasons?  They were clicking for a while.

Probably couldn't get kids to transfer in like they had. Just a guess. If they're depending on just the talent in Weston to win games, they're going to be what they've been the last few seasons.

14 hours ago, DB4 said:

According to that Sun Sentinel article, here are other coaching openings in Broward besides Cypress Bay: Flanagan, Cooper City, Stranahan, Blanche Ely, Dillard, and McArthur

That is sad and scary you have a variety of teams in there, most (if not all) that have produced D1 talent and NFL players and they can't find head coaches (as of yet)......  You have lots of playoff games combined (both recent and historical)  with those programs and even State Championships.    If someone is willing to go to those programs sacrifice, and build for peanut wages (for a  few years)  , they could probably build a pretty good resume and eventually move on to a higher paying or more established program.  I don't know why Mark Guandolo stepped down but that guy could probably get a job almost anywhere with his resume.  Cypress Bay is generally a average or slightly above average 8A team that has always played in a solid district.  They had several years of success when they had talent over there. Coach Guandolo always did a fine job with what he had to work with. BOL to him ....

I think very highly of Coach Guandolo.  He did a fantastic job at Chaminade back in the early 2000's.  That program had done nothing for about 25 years and within a few years they were winning state titles.  And back then you didn't have all of this crazy transferring taking place.  He built those teams with good talent, but nothing like the stacked rosters you see today.

I lived up in Central Florida and saw his teams play a number of bigger schools up there... Sarasota Riverview, Venice, Manatee(twice), Mainland and Vero Beach...and they won every single one of those games.  I remember at the time thinking, wow this guy has some cojones taking on teams like he was.  

It is now official. http://www.wjhg.com/content/sports/Palmer-steps-down-as-Port-St-Joe-football-coach-470157593.html

Coach John Palmer has resigned as head football coach at Port St Joe.  I talked to him last night at the football banquet and he was in good spirits and looked the best he has in some time.  I wish John the best and thank him for his hard work and his leadership and guidance he has provided over the years to so many young men including my son.  Coach Palmer leaves quite a legacy with his 2 State Championships and multiple playoff appearances.  The next coach has some very big shoes to fill but I am sure he will be up for the task.

3 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

It is now official. http://www.wjhg.com/content/sports/Palmer-steps-down-as-Port-St-Joe-football-coach-470157593.html

Coach John Palmer has resigned as head football coach at Port St Joe.  I talked to him last night at the football banquet and he was in good spirits and looked the best he has in some time.  I wish John the best and thank him for his hard work and his leadership and guidance he has provided over the years to so many young men including my son.  Coach Palmer leaves quite a legacy with his 2 State Championships and multiple playoff appearances.  The next coach has some very big shoes to fill but I am sure he will be up for the task.

Congratulations.  Ya'll won your 40th playoff game in history.  Only about 20 teams in the state have done that.