Coaching changes

DB4

St. John Saints gets a new Head Coach

Caleb Alexander, former Marion County player of the year and RB for the 2A St. John Saints, will take the reins for the 2018 season. He replaces Carlos Burrows who went winless in 2017. Caleb set all kinds of records in the 2010 and 2011 seasons when St John was a playoff team. In 2010 he rushed/received for just under 2,000 yards and in 2011 he rushed/received for just under 3,000 yards. Has been an assistant coach for the Saints for the past 3 years and envisions big changes he intends to make.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

Bobby May has stepped down at Suncoast saying, in part, to the Sun-Sentinel: “I am looking for a better opportunity to move to a state where teachers and coaches are appreciated."

Sucks to hear but I don't blame him one bit. For as much talent Florida has in football, most schools and school districts treat coaches like crap

On 12/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Should be a plus for FAMU with Rolle's strong ties to Dade football....On another note, safe to say Southridge is a sinking ship for now?

I've heard from several people down in Dade County that Sedrick Irvin is going to leave Miami High and take the Southridge job. I don't know if anyone else has heard this or if it's even true. Just a rumor I heard. 

It wouldn't surprise me since Irvin went to Southridge from 9th-11th grade. He only went to Miami High his senior year.

14 minutes ago, Miamidade92 said:

I've heard from several people down in Dade County that Sedrick Irvin is going to leave Miami High and take the Southridge job. I don't know if anyone else has heard this or if it's even true. Just a rumor I heard. 

It wouldn't surprise me since Irvin went to Southridge from 9th-11th grade. He only went to Miami High his senior year.

From what I have read in a previous article in The Miami Herald, Irvin has a son coming up to HS soon and he would like to continue to coach and build up a strong program.  Southridge may potentially be a good situation for him.  I saw Miami High's roster last year and it was one of the smallest 8A rosters I have seen in the SFL playoffs in a while.   I know Miami High had a great season last year but Southridge seems to be the more consistent program on a year to year basis of late if I am not mistaken.

23 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

From what I have read in a previous article in The Miami Herald, Irvin has a son coming up to HS soon and he would like to continue to coach and build up a strong program.  Southridge may potentially be a good situation for him.  I saw Miami High's roster last year and it was one of the smallest 8A rosters I have seen in the SFL playoffs in a while.   I know Miami High had a great season last year but Southridge seems to be the more consistent program on a year to year basis of late if I am not mistaken.

From what I know (and I am 240 miles away), the Southridge zone has more talent in its zone. Easier to build a quality program there.

If you are going to win consistently at Miami High you need to bring in a number of quality transfers each year.