The tradition of playing for a state title.

Panhandle Jet

2 minutes ago, Panhandle Jet said:

I feel sorry for the kids at IMG best team money can buy but don't get to experience the real tradition of playing for a real high school and achieving a state title.

Well the players choose to go there,  no one forced them to become hired mercenaries for a all star team 

If they want to experience it all they got to do is return to their orginal high school or maybe come to Columbia 

Whichever works for them

;)

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well the players choose to go there,  no one forced them to become hired mercenaries for a all star team 

If they want to experience it all they got to do is return to their orginal high school or maybe come to Columbia 

Whichever works for them

;)

So you want them to give up their mercenary status and contribute their services for free? How many you think gonna do that?:D

3 minutes ago, Panhandle Jet said:

Really what have you achieved by going to IMG they basically pay the best high school players in the country to come play for them any running back worth his salt could run  behind that line.

They going there bc they feel it's easier to get noticed and get college offers but if you good someone will take a chance on you so it's ridiculous that people go to img 

There was a certain player from this area that left to go to IMG, all while bad mouthing his former team. From what I hear, he is very disillusioned after being a starter in a normal high school.....to rotating in for about 25% of snaps at IMG.....and his season is now over while his former team heads to the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

There was a certain player from this area that left to go to IMG, all while bad mouthing his former team. From what I hear, he is very disillusioned after being a starter in a normal high school.....to rotating in for about 25% of snaps at IMG.....and his season is now over while his former team heads to the playoffs. 

Bet he regrets it now

I think you guys are missing the purpose of the IMG machine. You don't go to get a college attention. You go there to prep for college athletics at a high level.                                                                                                                                                  

Hate the idea of IMG and it is why I don't think they should ever play for a state championship. But on some level, we create these professional academies for soccer, baseball, tennis, and golf. We have done this for these travel basketball teams at some of these schools. Football was just a matter of time. I can see 6-7 years from now, seeing IMG West Coast, IMG Texas, IMG Ohio, IMG Northeast, and IMG Virginia

On 11/6/2017 at 11:34 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They going there bc they feel it's easier to get noticed and get college offers but if you good someone will take a chance on you so it's ridiculous that people go to img 

If my son could get a scholarship to IMG would definitely encourage him. Might be different if I was too far away to see his games. They run the school like a college  with tutors to pretty much guarantee quality education at next level. Most starters are looking at NFL careers but they all should take advantage of what their pre-college education could benefit them at the next level. 

And the dorm type setting gives the student an earlier start to being on their own. Speaking of my own immature antics that landed me in some hot water , being away from home for the first time.<_<   

On 11/6/2017 at 11:30 AM, Panhandle Jet said:

Really what have you achieved by going to IMG they basically pay the best high school players in the country to come play for them any running back worth his salt could run  behind that line.

They go to IMG for a higher level of training. Most of the student athletes that go to IMG probably already had scholarships, what they didn't have was a college like environment. Does your school offer a dietitian or psychiatrist on campus? You have the best tutors for any subject. Living on campus you never miss school? How many coaches at your school played in the NFL? IMG has/had 7 coaches with NFL experience that played for a combined 45 years or more in the NFL. I fairly certain the students are not so worried about a state championship, but rather like playing on a team that is high caliber and plays a national schedule every year against the best in the nation. The have beaten more state champs in the last three years than any team has in the last 10. If IMG keeps going like they are they will have beaten more Out of State and In State Champs than any team in history, and not just for football, but all sports.  

There are a lot of students that would love to get away from a broken home or boring life in the corn fields. Many have different reasons for going to IMG. Some like the discipline and routine and being around students with the same goals in life. Most are less likely to have trouble find them. And some miss their old life and go back home.  

IMG  is a once in a lifetime chance, and if your son or daughter is ever offered a scholarship to IMG for any reason, I hope you are smart enough to encourage them to take it.