KRUNK'S last word on Playoffs Point System

STILL KRUNK

Had to pull this out of the Muck because I would like to say my last piece on it and here from you all.  Columbia Cat mentioned to me deep in one of these threads, that people who schedule cupcakes will be exposed and he is correct,  Here is my response, where am I wrong Gentlemen:

but that is my point.  If there is that much "variable" in good teams and cupcakes, Then You don't take it out of the hands of the teams, the players, the Kids.  You don't split the hair of top 8 when a Loss to a Top 5 team in a class is Trumped by another team who beats a lower class team who Cat 1s a weak district and favorable schedule.  

You put 16 teams out there Week 1 and let THAT expose the cupcakes, Not a computer or Committee.

Last time I will say this until somebody wants to talk about Change in this Post season format in some manner.

West Orange:

Loses to Olympia in final seconds,  8A playoff team Cat 2

Loses to Dr. Phillips #1 team in State at the time (was leading at half), 8A playoff team Cat 1

Loses to Wekiva in final seconds, top 10 in State, 8A playoff team, Cat 1

Loses to Jones, Top 10 team in State, shut them out 2nd Half-JHS lowest point total playoff team, Cat 1

Beats Apopka, #1 Team in the State at the time.

Finishes 6-4, with 4 game win streak on the way out, District Runner up to Wekiva, (Apopka 3rd in District) with all games away due to condemned stadium(Irma). Now I'm not saying put West Orange directly in Camping World Stadium, but that's not top 8 in the region?????

Compare that to the rest of the region who is IN................ Hard to say that is not as good as, or better than 5, 6, 7, or 8, in 8A Region 1.  One of which they beat Head to Head. 

This is why your numbers aren't reliable enough to parse an 8 team playoff.  You like your system fine, keep it, but then you open up the first round to 16 teams and let the kids have the opportunity, your numbers can SEED teams. Otherwise you are going to have to weigh a lot more factors in your system. Because the only people you hurt by this is 30 seniors, most of who will never play again and playoffs are really the only reason they work all year long.  I'm not playing my own violin,  that goes for ALL schools, who ever gets put in this situation, these kids work year round with most of them only wanting the opportunity to get to one post season and then they are done, DONE, forever.........And you want to allow "points to determine that.  You are telling me THIS system accurately distinguishing from 7-3 to 5-5, with varying wins, degree of difficulty and weight of classification???????????? Enough so to say 'These are the top 8".......Really????????? 

I say that because the FHSAA system says, "Executive Director has discretion to waive......" That was put there for a reason.  You (meaning the powers that be) saw the gaming of the system, you heard the complaints coming in, you saw the unusually odd and multiple self-reporting immediately after district play closed, you saw the canceling of games to get better averages, you saw ALL of it,  and then decided to ride out a not fully-vetted system, making a bad decision worse, especially when dealing with kids.

And no one is saying flip back to the old, but when you see it is screwed up, You open the playing field and let the kids sort it out on the field.  This system takes it out of the kids hands.

With all due respect to you and all my colleagues and friends, you know this to be true.

I will agree that there are many aspects of this new system that I personally don't like. West Orange got hurt by it, no doubt. And I can see where it does not look right that a team you beat head to head, even it was a close game, gets in and WO gets left on the outside looking in. 

My own point of view is that the old system minus 3 and possibly 4 team districts was better. In the playoffs, they could have always mixed and matched the brackets to get varying match-ups among different teams each year. 

1 hour ago, STILL KRUNK said:

Had to pull this out of the Muck because I would like to say my last piece on it and here from you all.  Columbia Cat mentioned to me deep in one of these threads, that people who schedule cupcakes will be exposed and he is correct,  Here is my response, where am I wrong Gentlemen:

but that is my point.  If there is that much "variable" in good teams and cupcakes, Then You don't take it out of the hands of the teams, the players, the Kids.  You don't split the hair of top 8 when a Loss to a Top 5 team in a class is Trumped by another team who beats a lower class team who Cat 1s a weak district and favorable schedule.  

You put 16 teams out there Week 1 and let THAT expose the cupcakes, Not a computer or Committee.

Last time I will say this until somebody wants to talk about Change in this Post season format in some manner.

West Orange:

Loses to Olympia in final seconds,  8A playoff team Cat 2

Loses to Dr. Phillips #1 team in State at the time (was leading at half), 8A playoff team Cat 1

Loses to Wekiva in final seconds, top 10 in State, 8A playoff team, Cat 1

Loses to Jones, Top 10 team in State, shut them out 2nd Half-JHS lowest point total playoff team, Cat 1

Beats Apopka, #1 Team in the State at the time.

Finishes 6-4, with 4 game win streak on the way out, District Runner up to Wekiva, (Apopka 3rd in District) with all games away due to condemned stadium(Irma). Now I'm not saying put West Orange directly in Camping World Stadium, but that's not top 8 in the region?????

Compare that to the rest of the region who is IN................ Hard to say that is not as good as, or better than 5, 6, 7, or 8, in 8A Region 1.  One of which they beat Head to Head. 

This is why your numbers aren't reliable enough to parse an 8 team playoff.  You like your system fine, keep it, but then you open up the first round to 16 teams and let the kids have the opportunity, your numbers can SEED teams. Otherwise you are going to have to weigh a lot more factors in your system. Because the only people you hurt by this is 30 seniors, most of who will never play again and playoffs are really the only reason they work all year long.  I'm not playing my own violin,  that goes for ALL schools, who ever gets put in this situation, these kids work year round with most of them only wanting the opportunity to get to one post season and then they are done, DONE, forever.........And you want to allow "points to determine that.  You are telling me THIS system accurately distinguishing from 7-3 to 5-5, with varying wins, degree of difficulty and weight of classification???????????? Enough so to say 'These are the top 8".......Really????????? 

I say that because the FHSAA system says, "Executive Director has discretion to waive......" That was put there for a reason.  You (meaning the powers that be) saw the gaming of the system, you heard the complaints coming in, you saw the unusually odd and multiple self-reporting immediately after district play closed, you saw the canceling of games to get better averages, you saw ALL of it,  and then decided to ride out a not fully-vetted system, making a bad decision worse, especially when dealing with kids.

And no one is saying flip back to the old, but when you see it is screwed up, You open the playing field and let the kids sort it out on the field.  This system takes it out of the kids hands.

With all due respect to you and all my colleagues and friends, you know this to be true.

could care less

but you stated all the great losses you had.....

what wins did you have west orange coach?  who did you beat?

you earned some fantastic points for losing to those cat 1,2 teams.  but who did you beat?  cypress creek?  evans?  and thats deserving of a playoff berth.  i call BS.

you finished 2nd in the district and apk finished 3rd because of your 1 win vs a cat 1/2 team.  i give you that, no doubt about it.  however, apk played a much harder schedule and had more cat 1/2 wins than you did.  its pretty simple really.

so tuck your pink panties back up under your cheer shorts and enjoy that thursday night bowl game.

1 hour ago, dawgs said:

could care less

but you stated all the great losses you had.....

what wins did you have west orange coach?  who did you beat?

you earned some fantastic points for losing to those cat 1,2 teams.  but who did you beat?  cypress creek?  evans?  and thats deserving of a playoff berth.  i call BS.

you finished 2nd in the district and apk finished 3rd because of your 1 win vs a cat 1/2 team.  i give you that, no doubt about it.  however, apk played a much harder schedule and had more cat 1/2 wins than you did.  its pretty simple really.

so tuck your pink panties back up under your cheer shorts and enjoy that thursday night bowl game.

I will try and keep this civil since that is the rules of the board, but you miss my entire point, Precious, maybe because you are so worried about being funny.  What i said was that West Orange 6-4 is top 8.....

Spruce Creek - NO Cat 1 wins.

Boone - 1 Cat 1 win (7A Edgewater,) 2 Cat 2 wins,(Lk Nona, Gateway)

You don't think there is a legitimate argument about bubble teams? My contention is 16 teams alleviates the discussion. And frankly, if you could care less, then I'm not talking to you, Sugar.

So while you hidin' behind your, 1 Post, Rookie, Morph, PuppyDawg, I'm gonna go ahead and speak on a legitimate criticism.

[redacted]

lmao!!!!  mr 25 posts is big time here!  hahahaahaa.  so i struck a nerve it seems.

so west orange 6-4-21 bonus points has 3 category 1 losses, 1 cat 2 win and 1 loss, 4 cat 4 wins and 1 cat 3 win  and thats your premise for a bubble team?

spruce creek, 7-1 and only 6 bonus points, has 1 cat 1 loss, 3 cat 3 wins and 4 cat 4 wins.  but 7 wins is better than 6 and 1 loss is better than 4.  they had a canceled game from hurricane.  worse schedule by far, hence the less BP, but better record albeit vs worse competition, i guess,

boone-1 cat 1 win and 1 loss, 2 and 1 vs cat 2 and 5 wins vs cat 4.  24 bonus points.  so the schedule is strong, not much different than WO.  except they went 8-2.  

so what is your argument there????  spruce should be out because of 1 loss?  boone should be out because 2 losses?  because WO in with a 6-4 record should be in because........

and my old lady dont wear panties bro.  and I dont know what a jit is.

so make post 26 back with some more insanity.

holla if ya hear me!

4 minutes ago, dawgs said:

lmao!!!!  mr 25 posts is big time here!  hahahaahaa.  so i struck a nerve it seems.

so west orange 6-4-21 bonus points has 3 category 1 losses, 1 cat 2 win and 1 loss, 4 cat 4 wins and 1 cat 3 win  and thats your premise for a bubble team?

spruce creek, 7-1 and only 6 bonus points, has 1 cat 1 loss, 3 cat 3 wins and 4 cat 4 wins.  but 7 wins is better than 6 and 1 loss is better than 4.  they had a canceled game from hurricane.  worse schedule by far, hence the less BP, but better record albeit vs worse competition, i guess,

boone-1 cat 1 win and 1 loss, 2 and 1 vs cat 2 and 5 wins vs cat 4.  24 bonus points.  so the schedule is strong, not much different than WO.  except they went 8-2.  

so what is your argument there????  spruce should be out because of 1 loss?  boone should be out because 2 losses?  because WO in with a 6-4 record should be in because........

and my old lady dont wear panties bro.  and I dont know what a jit is.

so make post 26 back with some more insanity.

holla if ya hear me!

Yes, Doggie, Yes that is what i'm saying I am saying that if Spruce Creek or Boone put DP/Apopka/Wekiva/even Jones on their schedule they would not be 8-2, or better - that is the point. BRO - Spruce did not even play a Cat 1 or 2, the one the HAD to play they lost.  Boone at least did, but some lower Class Cat 1, 2. So yes arguable, always is in every division, except in your Fantasy League. 

Which brings me back to: Wins matter to you - no matter who it is against and somehow that equates to best 8 in the Region based on classification.....that is fallacy.

If you want the best 8 Teams that can schedule.....well you may have that...... but i have mentioned these senarios on here and won't rehash.

If you are looking for insanity, your assumption that the number in the W column solely equates to the best - that would be just a little insane.

So I am speaking to a FOUNDER and soothsayer of knowledge, ROOK?!?!?!?  If you are really, then you know the rules of the board.

It could have very possibly been your mom, in fact, I am almost certain....How old are you?.......and don't act like you got a girl, Guy! 

lighten up johnny boy, this isnt FNF from the olden days.

wins and losses do count.  thats why the system is what it is, right now.

the wins dont count nearly as much as they should and the losses count for too much.  

just because wo beat apk that means they should be in??? gimmie a break.  any given friday night.  you know that.  

is your schedule tough?  sure thing, but some cream puffs there too, freedom, cypress(who lost to colonial and for gods sake, which stakes my above claim as any given friday) evans and ocoee.  combined for a total of 10 wins between them........

now what ya say, lets go to hagen o'reileys for a brewski or are we going to clermont to wob?

11 minutes ago, dawgs said:

the wins dont count nearly as much as they should and the losses count for too much.  

just because wo beat apk that means they should be in??? gimmie a break.  any given friday night.  you know that.  

is your schedule tough?  sure thing, but some cream puffs there too, freedom, cypress(who lost to colonial and for gods sake, which stakes my above claim as any given friday) evans and ocoee.  combined for a total of 10 wins between them........

now what ya say, lets go to hagen o'reileys for a brewski or are we going to clermont to wob?

UH YEAH! Maybe not Insane, USAIN? You know better than to play with my emotions. Keep your cat from scratchin' on DEEZ.

SC - played the Juggernaughts: Haines City 1-9, DEEEEland 2-8, and Mandarin 2-8

Boone play 5 teams with 8 wins COMBINED, GUY!

You act like the Freedom and CC was sought out.  If you know dis conference, then you know those are not optional, yet ANOTHER reason this particular system disadvantages teams that have conference obligations.

If you are SLAPPERY then you know truth when you see it and you can also take a lick' soooooooo, Willie, Weyland and Me will be where we were the first time we did this dance, Jit!

1 hour ago, dawgs said:

you said wins and losses do count but the West Orange win over Apopka doesn't count?  West Orange should be in over Apopka.  Apopka should also be in.    

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

you said wins and losses do count but the West Orange win over Apopka doesn't count?  West Orange should be in over Apopka.  Apopka should also be in.    

Yes west Orange deserved to be in but so did apopka

8a is deepest region just the way some things fall

West Orange needs to take this as motivation to not leave it in doubt next year 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yes west Orange deserved to be in but so did apopka

8a is deepest region just the way some things fall

West Orange needs to take this as motivation to not leave it in doubt next year 

problem is they can't change their schedule.  I don't see them making it next year either.  Jones, Apopka, DP and Wekiva will all probably be top 10 teams next year in their class.  If they win one and go 7-3 they still might not get in.  6-4 with the rest of their schedule and they are out.  

24 minutes ago, badbird said:

Yes wins and losses do count.  Thus6-4 isn't greater than 7-1,8-2.  

So jc, where we going for that brew?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok this is getting out of hand 

Everyone has a right to a opinion but there no reason that it can't be civil and arguments should be "sports related"

Cool it down or i will lock it down 

That's it sheriff! Got to maintain control before these adults get out of hand!:D

44 minutes ago, dawgs said:

Yes wins and losses do count.  Thus6-4 isn't greater than 7-1,8-2.  

So jc, where we going for that brew?

I guess that means Dixie County, Mitchell, Baker, Zepherhills, TFA. Moore Haven, Windermere Prep, Nuemann, Mayo, Faith Christian, Mt Dora Christian, East River, St Stephens, and St  Francis are all better than Miami Northwestern. 

I'm not JC however I do know him