Cocoa crushing it 63-8 over Lake Placid FINAL

Bamarod

• Bamarod changed the title to Cocoa crushing it 63-8 over Lake Placid FINAL

Not a good year for 4A, Tigers roll running clock every game.  In the end they are as good as it gets in Florida. I believe they are better than Rockledge and Viera,  Only IMG and Venice are truely better football teams.  Should have re-classified and played 5A.  They Roll 4A, A solid State Championship, but the least respective of their 5 rings.

7 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

Not a good year for 4A, Tigers roll running clock every game.  In the end they are as good as it gets in Florida. I believe they are better than Rockledge and Viera,  Only IMG and Venice are truely better football teams.  Should have re-classified and played 5A.  They Roll 4A, A solid State Championship, but the least respective of their 5 rings.

So no Miami Central or Miami northwestern?  Lol

52 minutes ago, Mustangs78 said:

Agreed that the Tigers will roll in 4A but in 8A thru 5A they are just another team with a shot.   Saw them against Viera and Pahokee and ya they got talent but as good as it gets in Florida..really 

29 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Wish that could have been our first game opponent lol but nahh panther nation want Carol city 

A buddy of mine coaches at NBH, I talked to him Monday and asked what he was doing he replied, "I'm trying to figure out how to keep Raines from hanging 80 points on us."  He has his work cut out for him.

8 hours ago, Smelly said:

Agreed that the Tigers will roll in 4A but in 8A thru 5A they are just another team with a shot.   Saw them against Viera and Pahokee and ya they got talent but as good as it gets in Florida..really 

The only one that really stands out in 5A is AHP. Cocoa Has put a running clock on more than one team in 5A, and before you go to the Rockledge game, after the FHSAA reviewed the film on the game that Rockledge Ref is banned from officiating for the rest of the season. I have more on him but I'll keep it off the board since some people are sensitive to the subject.

If Cocoa were to move up, it would be okay with me if they made it all the way up to 8A.

In my opinion 6A is the toughest class.

15 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

The only one that really stands out in 5A is AHP. Cocoa Has put a running clock on more than one team in 5A, and before you go to the Rockledge game, after the FHSAA reviewed the film on the game that Rockledge Ref is banned from officiating for the rest of the season. I have more on him but I'll keep it off the board since some people are sensitive to the subject.

If Cocoa were to move up, it would be okay with me if they made it all the way up to 8A.

In my opinion 6A is the toughest class.

Cocoa wins an easy state title. We will never know how Cocoa would have done in 5A through 8A. I do agree that 6A is the toughest class. I am pretty sure both Jones, who is better than they were last year when the gave Cocoa a good game in the playoffs, and Cardinal Gibbons would give Cocoa great games in 5A.

This is a damn shame. Only 2 teams (Cocoa and Raines) are the only teams in 4A that are in the top 40 of the state. 

What a weak ass class. More proof they need to consolidate. 

3A only has a few teams worth a damn too. Chaminade, Oxbridge, Mel CC and CCC are the only ones with a pulse. 

Pretty damn sad that only 6 teams in 2 classes total can be considered competent, quality teams. 

What do we want? Consolidation!!!!!

When do we want it? Now!!!! 

16 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

This is a damn shame. Only 2 teams (Cocoa and Raines) are the only teams in 4A that are in the top 40 of the state. 

3A only has a few teams worth a damn too. Chaminade, Oxbridge, Mel CC and CCC are the only ones with a pulse. 

Pretty damn sad that only 6 teams in 2 classes total can be considered competent, quality teams. 

I see you are practicing your political activism, there!:D

49 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Cocoa wins an easy state title. We will never know how Cocoa would have done in 5A through 8A. I do agree that 6A is the toughest class. I am pretty sure both Jones, who is better than they were last year when the gave Cocoa a good game in the playoffs, and Cardinal Gibbons would give Cocoa great games in 5A.

Jones always gives Cocoa a good game. Sometimes the game ends in the 3rd quarter even though they play all 4. It will be interesting to see how Rockledge plays Jones. Younger is from the Odom/Wilks DNA. He came up through their tutelage and it is seen through his Offense and Defense. Jones had a hard time defending the Wing T when Wilks used it. Younger uses it and with Corbin at QB, it is successful. 

8 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Jones always gives Cocoa a good game. Sometimes the game ends in the 3rd quarter even though they play all 4. It will be interesting to see how Rockledge plays Jones. Younger is from the Odom/Wilks DNA. He came up through their tutelage and it is seen through his Offense and Defense. Jones had a hard time defending the Wing T when Wilks used it. Younger uses it and with Corbin at QB, it is successful. 

Whoa! You just assume Jones is gonna beat Gibbons? 

IMG_0481.JPG

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

6a is top heavy but my numbers say best is 8a

Out of my top 68 teams, 20 were 8a

5 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It would make sense to combine classes if weaker classes were not in the lower classes. We all agree that 3A and 4A are weak. What would adding these teams to a higher class give us as an end product?  More bad teams added just dilutes the next class up,in this case class5A. 

When we do a reclassification leave all those teams, except quality ones mentioned, in lower classes. Now work a system in which 5A-8A gets more evenly divided, but when you take a good look seems like all these classes have multiple elites or at the least very good programs. Drop a couple of 8A to 7A, do the same from 6A to 5A , and the talent should be even. 

Before I looked, I thought Rockledge was in a northern region like Viera. Then you see they play a Gibbons-Jones winner in second round. Plenty of solid teams in each class, biggest problem is most elite talent is in south of state, which has been the stumbling block for brackets for the last 40 years. Tinker with moving some teams up or down a class to get more parity and everyone will scream "Foul". If there was an easy fix some smart guy would have come up with it way before this new play-off format was introduced!

6 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Whoa! You just assume Jones is gonna beat Gibbons? 

IMG_0481.JPG

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I did, didn't I. 

i'll stand firm.

Not sure who wins with Cardinal Gibbons at Jones, and I know Jones has one of he biggest fronts in the Central FL area,  but I can tell you Jones is going to be in for a big surprise when they see the size Cardinal Gibbons OL and DL in person.  I have seen many past Cardinal Gibbons teams but nothing built like this one in the trenches.....Gibbons is not going to fall softly.