A tweak to the playoff system that I'd make

DB4

If it were up to me, I'd allow the district champs from each region to make the playoffs, but I would not automatically give them a top 4 seed. If their points average warrants a top 4 seed, then fine. But in the case of 8A-Region 4, the top 4 seeds in my system would have been 1) Columbus 2) Palmetto 3) South Dade 4) Southridge with 5) Miami 6) Belen Jesuit 7) North Miami 8) Homestead

It allows the best teams in the region to make the playoffs theoretically but still give the best of the 8 teams the higher seed. And then you avoid what happened tonight. I'm sorry, there's no way Miami should have been a 7-seed. No chance. I could make an argument that they're top 4 but the points somehow didn't bear that out. It's unfair that Palmetto had to see them in the 1st round. There are other examples like this (Cardinal Gibbons vs Jones in the first round is one I can think of).

So in conclusion, I'd take the 4 district champs from a region and the next 4 highest wild cards and seed them in point order. After making the playoffs, a district title wouldn't hold much weight to me. Thoughts?

In my opinion seeding isn't that big of a deal except for home field advantage.  If you can't beat a team in the first round you probably aren't going to beat them in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I realize every team wants the ride to last as long as it can but there are only 8 teams that aren't going to lose.  I don't think there is any way to prevent mismatches the fact is we have a lot of great teams every year and there are blowouts every round even in the finals and I don't see this year being any different.

It goes back to the same thing when talking about the playoffs. 

If they cut 2-3 classes and condensed the 5-6 new ones the districts would be huge and the cream would rise to the top and all the best teams would get in. 

Imagine a district with 8 teams and only 2 get in. There would only be good teams in because even if you lost your 3 non district games you would still need to win a lot of district games to qualify. 

So 6-4 would be the worst you seen.