2017 Columbia Basketball Season

DisabledAccount

11 minutes ago, Yourbasement said:

Columbia basketball going hard this year? 

At this stage they are the 3rd best team in the district behind Gainesville and vanguard but that can change as the year goes on 

I'm looking forward to seeing how they do this year, hope they can finally beat GHS

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At this stage they are the 3rd best team in the district behind Gainesville and vanguard but that can change as the year goes on 

I'm looking forward to seeing how they do this year, hope they can finally beat GHS

That'd be neat to see, Gainesville getting ousted or Vanguard. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, blackmagic said:

What happened with Columbia against St. Francis??? 

I wasn't there but from what I'm hearing they had a lot of turnovers and even with that they had the lead with 30 seconds left and gave up a layup on a bad defensive play to lose

I heard this stat yesterday which explains the teams struggles only I'm not sure where i can confirm it but it came from a trusted source so i believe it

This season Columbia has more turnovers as a team then assists

That really could explain their struggles this year, the team is very young but when you normally have to start 4 guards and a forward because the tallest guy on varsity (not 100 % sure but I'll check)  is 6'2 or 6'3 which basically means no true big man it is hard to match up with a lot of teams

23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That really could explain their struggles this year, the team is very young but when you normally have to start 4 guards and a forward because the tallest guy on varsity (not 100 % sure but I'll check)  is 6'2 or 6'3 which basically means no true big man it is hard to match up with a lot of teams

That's the story of Hawthorne basketball. We pretty much play with all guards. This probably our tallest team in years. With 2 6'3" guys. We have a total of maybe 4 guys over 6'. We win games with guard play. If your guards cant handle constant on the ball pressure for 4 quarters, they are in trouble. 

just bumping this because I don't want to create a thread. 

Well my predictions were true, District: Choctawhatchee has this district on lockdown. I would be surprised to see Crestview upset them in the playoffs. Only got to one game so far for Crestview due to school schedule, and they played ok, but they don't have the talent like the other years.