Vero Beach vs Riverview

FloTech

This team will be the best team Vero has hosted in the playoffs, Riverview is 10-1 and are the district champions, Vero hasn't hosted a district champ in the playoffs in a long time and I'm hoping Vero ain't looking past em to get a rematch with DP/Osceola....they lost to Venice 17-0 but Venice is a good team. 

If this game were at Riverview then I would lean toward the rams but Vero will get em home and it makes it more favorable for us.

I'm not going to give out a score prediction for this one lol I'm not very good at it 

I am not sure about the district champ being that big of an accomplishment. I'm no expert on that district but looking at the scores and records it was to say the least weak. Manatee and Riverview both put up big offensive numbers in district play.

Difference is Riverview should have gotten better as the season went along. When they played Venice it was early. I think they were still trying to get the bugs worked out.

Have not seen them play since but Brantley can run and will do that if the receivers are not open. Good in the open field but wont do much between the tackles.

16 minutes ago, FloTech said:

Both teams score more imo but 28 is the lowest points scored by Vero this year so I can see why

This will be Vero's toughest game since Oscar Smith/Viera. However, I think they win a close one.

In the Regional finals if they get DP at home, I think they avenge last year's loss. If they have to travel to Osceola, I think that would be a 50/50 game and am not prepared to make a call at this stage. 

2 hours ago, 941football said:

I am not sure about the district champ being that big of an accomplishment. I'm no expert on that district but looking at the scores and records it was to say the least weak. Manatee and Riverview both put up big offensive numbers in district play.

Difference is Riverview should have gotten better as the season went along. When they played Venice it was early. I think they were still trying to get the bugs worked out.

Have not seen them play since but Brantley can run and will do that if the receivers are not open. Good in the open field but wont do much between the tackles.

Our district ain't spit either I'm just saying its a fun fact that Vero will host a district champ in the playoffs 

One thing to add to that Venice game. Score was 17-0 and the game was "called" in the beginning of the 3rd Qt. Riverview conceded the win to Venice so no makeup needed to be rescheduled. I believe that score could have been more fairly easily. In watching the game I didn't see Riverview scoring at all maybe 1 TD on the backups. Again early in the year.

Looking at their schedule is looked a bit soft. The 2 closest games in terms of score were Palmetto Win 11-10 and the Venice loss 17-0. They played some pretty weak teams locally. Manatee was in the playoffs but with a quick exit. Sarasota is a team that went 5-6. They did however accrue plenty of playoff points with their wins.

The records are misleading but I think this game will be close. Riverview has a solid, down-hill RB in Ali Boyce and decent defense. The difference-maker in this game will be Vero Beach's D-line vs Riverview's O-line. Riverview's o-line is there weak spot.  At the end of the day, I think Riverview wins a close game 31-28.

Impressed with Vero in preseason game against Viera.  Wish Viera had made up Osceola game giving me a solid viewpoint for possible Vero/Osceola matchup next week. I didn't see any weaknesses in Vero Beach and that was preseason, they are sure to have improved. Huge on O-line, Akeem incredible RB, complimentary passing game with big play potential and at very least can help move the sticks. Defense full of athletes, nice size on Dline. Depth of team, a strength, and size of depth had me jealous. 

Not surprised by success Vero Beach has had this season. Only caveat is the history of this school of having an incredible regular season and then exiting play-offs early. Been happening since the 80's. Good luck to them from here on out.

1 hour ago, Bamarod said:

Impressed with Vero in preseason game against Viera.  Wish Viera had made up Osceola game giving me a solid viewpoint for possible Vero/Osceola matchup next week. I didn't see any weaknesses in Vero Beach and that was preseason, they are sure to have improved. Huge on O-line, Akeem incredible RB, complimentary passing game with big play potential and at very least can help move the sticks. Defense full of athletes, nice size on Dline. Depth of team, a strength, and size of depth had me jealous. 

Not surprised by success Vero Beach has had this season. Only caveat is the history of this school of having an incredible regular season and then exiting play-offs early. Been happening since the 80's. Good luck to them from here on out.

I think this is the year Vero finally cracks that playoff nut. Vero went to the regional finals last year and this is basically the same team as last year but now all seniors. If you think Riverview has a O-line weakness, then they are in for a long night as Vero's defensive line and linebackers are the best they have ever had. And nothing has got past our very fast secondary. Most of the scoring against us has come in the second half against our JV's during running clocks. My worry is that our starters have never played four quarters. This should be a good close game, but I'm confident Vero will win, as we have had our litmus tests against Viera, Pahokee, and Oscar Smith.