Vanguard @ Mitchell 2nd Round 6A

Proseteye

14 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I wonder if they did it with a good pass rush or do they just have a good secondary? One thing going for Vanguard, besides their excellent QB, is a couple of very tall and very fast receivers. 

Honest both... they have big fast Dline and an athletic secondary with D1 players at every level of defense.  This is one of the better Armwood teams I have seen... That still might not be enough to beat one of the Miami teams although I think they would fare better against CC than MNW.  Vanguard and St. Aug are no slouches though.

4 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Honest both... they have big fast Dline and an athletic secondary with D1 players at every level of defense.  This is one of the better Armwood teams I have seen... That still might not be enough to beat one of the Miami teams although I think they would fare better against CC than MNW.  Vanguard and St. Aug are no slouches though.

Armwood seems to get better on offense in the second half. The two games (Plant & TBT) I went to it was that way. I think the Chamberlain and Hillsborough games were that way as well. Their defense dominates the entire game. TBT was the only team to score double-digits against the Hawks this season, and that was in week 1.