Vanguard @ Mitchell 2nd Round 6A

Proseteye

Have never heard of Mitchell HS. They are out of New Port Richey and are 12-0. Seems like they have a 1500 yard RB named Hamilton who has scored 19 of the team's 24 rushing TD's. Mitchell also seems to have fairly decent receivers although their QB Mattos only has a .47 completion percentage with 8 interceptions. They score 32 ppg average and allow 12 ppg average. Berkeley Prep and Chamberlain seem to be the only two pretty decent teams on their schedule. Don't know how decent the other 10 are.

If anyone can give an insight into what Vanguard will be facing this Friday in New Port Richey would be nice to know. Wish I could go but don't drive out of town at night anymore.

Pasco County does not stink. We had 5-of-15 teams make the FHSAA playoffs this season, with three teams (Mitchell 11-0, Zephyrhills 10-1 and Wiregrass Ranch (9-2) advancing to the 2nd round. Mitchell is ranked No. 2 in Class 6A Region 2 and are well-coached and disciplined. They have won three straight district titles and have had nine straight winning seasons. 

They do have an excellent RB in Mychael Hamilton, who is a 3-year starter with 3,999 career rushing yards and 43 TD's. Kid is also a beast on defense. They're do have solid WR's, and a solid defense, which it shows in their 42 sacks and 11 interceptions this season. Also, have one of the best kickers in the area. 

These two teams played last year in the 2nd round as well, which Vanguard won 46-23. Mitchell was leading at the half 23-20, but Vanguard took over in the 2nd half. Mitchell is a better team this season, so we'll let them settle it on the football field for this year's outcome. 

Hope this helps...

1 minute ago, PascoCountyFB said:

Pasco County does not stink. We had 5-of-15 teams make the FHSAA playoffs this season, with three teams (Mitchell 11-0, Zephyrhills 10-1 and Wiregrass Ranch (9-2) advancing to the 2nd round. Mitchell is ranked No. 2 in Class 6A Region 2 and are well-coached and disciplined. They have won three straight district titles and have had nine straight winning seasons. 

They do have an excellent RB in Mychael Hamilton, who is a 3-year starter with 3,999 career rushing yards and 43 TD's. Kid is also a beast on defense. They're do have solid WR's, and a solid defense, which it shows in their 42 sacks and 11 interceptions this season. Also, have one of the best kickers in the area. 

These two teams played last year in the 2nd round as well, which Vanguard won 46-23. Mitchell was leading at the half 23-20, but Vanguard took over in the 2nd half. Mitchell is a better team this season, so we'll let them settle it on the football field for this year's outcome. 

Hope this helps...

Vanguard looks to be as good as last year so i got to think vanguard the favorite in this one 

Oh and don't pay nolebull much attention 

He is the Benedict Arnold of Florida high school football 

;)

Hope this helps...

Let me rephrase it. 

Pasco County football stinks on a state or national level. Other than Pasco High in 1994, no other team in history has ever won a state title. 

Rarely do D1 athletes ever come from Pasco. Some do, but few and far between. Chamberlain was an average team. They lost to the only 2 good teams they played. Chamberlain is ranked between 75-100 in the state. 

And Mitchell, the bread and butter of all Pasco County escaped by the skin of their teeth by 1 point at home against a NOT top 75 Florida team

Vanguard is ranked about 25 in the state. And they are gonna BOMB Mitchell. It will get ugly. I was at the Mitchell/Chambo game and Mitchell is small and slow outside of that back. And he is only Pasco County good. 

Vanguard in a running clock 

3 hours ago, PascoCountyFB said:

Hope this helps...

Zephyrhills advanced by beating some other garbage Pasco County team. So somebody had to go. 

Mitchell beat average Chambo like I stated, and Wiregrass barely beat a bad Lake Nona team 

This week, the opponents are Lakeland, Clay and Vanguard

This is the week that all 3 teams get ASS DRILLED out of the playoffs. All lose by 4 scores or more. 

You forgot Zephyrhills Christian Academy. They play Victory Christian this week, and will get thumped as well. Lol 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Zephyrhills advanced by beating some other garbage Pasco County team. So somebody had to go. 

Mitchell beat average Chambo like I stated, and Wiregrass barely beat a bad Lake Nona team 

This week, the opponents are Lakeland, Clay and Vanguard

This is the week that all 3 teams get ASS DRILLED out of the playoffs. All lose by 4 scores or more. 

You forgot Zephyrhills Christian Academy. They play Victory Christian this week, and will get thumped as well. Lol 

If the football stinks, why were you at a game in Pasco County? Also, you obviously don't know what you're talking about, ZCA and Victory Christian played last week, and ZCA did not get thumped. Oh, I forgot, LOL. 

The biggest problem on message boards are people thinking their little bubble is the greatest thing. 

But what happens is they are told by the rest of the world that it's not that great at all on a larger scale. 

I went to the game because I was in the area and didn't want to drive all the way into Tampa at that time of day. 

I actually live in Pasco and been to a few games this year. The football is really bad. It's Pop Warner style football. 

But instead of admitting it's not good you will lie. Liking something and thinking its great are two completely different things. 

You can love Pasco County football and represent it, and talk about it all you want, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is not good football. 

To say anything different would be a lie. 

And sorry I got Victory already beating ZCA. I remember seeing them listed as playing but it was obviously last week. So they beat them a week earlier than I expected to. LMAO!!

7 hours ago, PascoCountyFB said:

I actually feel sorry for you. 

Why? I don't have an hatred or animosity for Pasco County. 

That's the part people can't decipher. They think criticism is hatred. 

If you ask any knowledgeable person how Pasco County football is compared to the top teams in the state they will tell you not good. 

Mitchell is a great team COMPARED to other Pasco County teams. 

They are not good at all COMPARED to the state's top teams. 

It's not hard to understand 

The reason that I'm a little concerned about this game is historical. Pasco HS is currently a 6A team and was a pretty strong team in 5A from 2008 through 2012 going to the playoffs each of those years. The North Marion Colts are a 5A team and were the best public HS team in Marion County. The Colts met Pasco 3 times in the playoffs and lost all three times. Very close games but they still lost. In those years Vanguard was not as good as the Colts. In those years North Marion was every bit as good as Vanguard is today with a couple of exceptions. North Marion really never had a passing game as good as that of Vanguard. Vanguard's QB's have been exceptional the last 3 years or so. Vanguard also has a better overall defense than North Marion did. Since 2013 Mitchell has defeated Pasco every time they have played them and by big margins. I know that Pasco has been down since the end of the 2012 season and that may be the reason they had lost to Mitchell. Before 2013 Pasco pretty much owned Mitchell.

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Let me rephrase it. 

Pasco County football stinks on a state or national level. Other than Pasco High in 1994, no other team in history has ever won a state title. 

Rarely do D1 athletes ever come from Pasco. Some do, but few and far between. Chamberlain was an average team. They lost to the only 2 good teams they played. Chamberlain is ranked between 75-100 in the state. 

And Mitchell, the bread and butter of all Pasco County escaped by the skin of their teeth by 1 point at home against a NOT top 75 Florida team

Vanguard is ranked about 25 in the state. And they are gonna BOMB Mitchell. It will get ugly. I was at the Mitchell/Chambo game and Mitchell is small and slow outside of that back. And he is only Pasco County good. 

Vanguard in a running clock 

You forgot to mention the horrible missed call where Peters ran out of bounce came back in and caught the TD which would be the difference.. The officials said he reestablished himself but he damn near had 1 foot out of bounds when he caught it.

Mitchell is a solid team but your right on a state level its a no go... I think Mitchells best win IMO was against Clearwater and Clearwater is not very good this year despite making the playoffs.

@PascoCountyFB I understand you standing up for your county but you know exactly what he means... Rememeber all those years teams like Wesley Chapel went undefeated only to get housed in the 1st round by a runner up.  Pasco and Land O Lakes in years they had multiple D1 players made good runs as did Hudson (without as much as 1 D1 but that was due to my old coach Nash and good coaching.)

Hey @nolebull813 you said no way you would go to that game LOL what gives we could have got Mr. 305 out.

15 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

You forgot to mention the horrible missed call where Peters ran out of bounce came back in and caught the TD which would be the difference.. The officials said he reestablished himself but he damn near had 1 foot out of bounds when he caught it.

Mitchell is a solid team but your right on a state level its a no go... I think Mitchells best win IMO was against Clearwater and Clearwater is not very good this year despite making the playoffs.

@PascoCountyFB I understand you standing up for your county but you know exactly what he means... Rememeber all those years teams like Wesley Chapel went undefeated only to get housed in the 1st round by a runner up.  Pasco and Land O Lakes in years they had multiple D1 players made good runs as did Hudson (without as much as 1 D1 but that was due to my old coach Nash and good coaching.)

Hey @nolebull813 you said no way you would go to that game LOL what gives we could have got Mr. 305 out.

I was in that area and didn't feel like driving an hour away. I'm thinking about going to the Armwood/Hillsborough game. You going? 

Yeah Chambo was robbed. Even the Mitchell fans were stunned that they didn't call the receiver out. Everyone just looked at each other and cheered. Lol .

2 hours ago, PascoCountyFB said:

That tweet was sent before the refs robbed Chamberlain by giving Mitchell a gift touchdown.

The best team in Pasco County needed a gift TD from the refs to beat an average Chambo team at home by 1

A Chambo team ranked in the 80's of the state. 

Tells you all you need to know. 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

The reason that I'm a little concerned about this game is historical. Pasco HS is currently a 6A team and was a pretty strong team in 5A from 2008 through 2012 going to the playoffs each of those years. The North Marion Colts are a 5A team and were the best public HS team in Marion County. The Colts met Pasco 3 times in the playoffs and lost all three times. Very close games but they still lost. In those years Vanguard was not as good as the Colts. In those years North Marion was every bit as good as Vanguard is today with a couple of exceptions. North Marion really never had a passing game as good as that of Vanguard. Vanguard's QB's have been exceptional the last 3 years or so. Vanguard also has a better overall defense than North Marion did. Since 2013 Mitchell has defeated Pasco every time they have played them and by big margins. I know that Pasco has been down since the end of the 2012 season and that may be the reason they had lost to Mitchell. Before 2013 Pasco pretty much owned Mitchell.

Pasco high is down... waaaaayyyy down.. They started losing players to Tampa Catholic, and other local schools and kind of never recovered.  Those years that Pasco beat NM they had multiple D1 (P5 type guys) on their teams.  This Mitchell squad is much smaller up front (Dline probably averages about 200lbs) and not near as many stars.  I think they have 1 to 3 guys who will play D1 none I would consider p5 guys.

I was in that area and didn't feel like driving an hour away. I'm thinking about going to the Armwood/Hillsborough game. You going? 

Yeah Chambo was robbed. Even the Mitchell fans were stunned that they didn't call the receiver out. Everyone just looked at each other and cheered. Lol .

I considered it but I think the results will be the same if not worse.  No really good local games happening IMO maybe Lakewood Jesuit. 

That tweet was sent before the refs robbed Chamberlain by giving Mitchell a gift touchdown.

The best team in Pasco County needed a gift TD from the refs to beat an average Chambo team at home by 1

A Chambo team ranked in the 80's of the state. 

Tells you all you need to know. 

You are full of excuses and have an answer for everything, I mean opinion. What your's excuse for this one? 

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

No, I do not know exactly what he means. I think it is nonsense and childish in the way he tried to get his point across. He's just seeking attention, which he is getting, even if it's good or bad. He'll have an excuse for everything so there's no reasoning with the comments he makes. We'll just agree to disagree and let the KIDS play the game. 

1 hour ago, PascoCountyFB said:

You are full of excuses and have an answer for everything, I mean opinion. What your's excuse for this one? 

What the h... are you talking about? That was before the season. South Sumter has had the worst team in their history!

They are always ranked in their state classification and always a pretty good and scrappy team for being in the middle of nowhere with limited athletes. 

So what the h... are you talking about? 

You seem to be the child just throwing s... at the wall to see if it sticks 

Mitchell, it seems, gave Armwood their toughest game and the game was played at Armwood. Armwood was only leading 10-7 at the end of the third quarter. Armwood did eventually win the game 24-7. Does this say that Mitchell may be better than advertised or that Armwood may not be as good as advertised?