Vanguard @ Mitchell 2nd Round 6A

Proseteye

4 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Mitchell, it seems, gave Armwood their toughest game and the game was played at Armwood. Armwood was only leading 10-7 at the end of the third quarter. Armwood did eventually win the game 24-7. Does this say that Mitchell may be better than advertised or that Armwood may not be as good as advertised?

You're referring to Hillsbourough or Chamberlain. Mitchell has not played Armwood, 

2 hours ago, PascoCountyFB said:

No, I do not know exactly what he means. I think it is nonsense and childish in the way he tried to get his point across. He's just seeking attention, which he is getting, even if it's good or bad. He'll have an excuse for everything so there's no reasoning with the comments he makes. We'll just agree to disagree and let the KIDS play the game. 

We're just adults talking about a game. No need to take your ball and go home ... Nothing emotional about it... Leave the emotions at the door... Your a Pasco County guy... I am a Pinellas County guy.. On the grand scheme (statewide) BOTH of our counties are looked at as lower tier because we don' win state titles...  We get there sometimes and usually get embarrassed when there...   We (Pinellas) do put a lot of guys in college and the NFL though.... I have to call it a spade a spade... We have one team that currently has 6 guys in the NFL and  3 more that will join them next year (AT THE SAME DAMN TIME)... When I see that and the results that team had all I can do is shake my head and say "coaching"  That is something that is NOT a problem with Mitchell though I really like their staff.

Even still I don't think Mitchell is going to win this game... or Wiregrass or Zhills (I think they can but man that defense is awful).

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Mitchell, it seems, gave Armwood their toughest game and the game was played at Armwood. Armwood was only leading 10-7 at the end of the third quarter. Armwood did eventually win the game 24-7. Does this say that Mitchell may be better than advertised or that Armwood may not be as good as advertised?

That was not this year... None of the teams in his region will pose a threat to Armwood... You have to talk about this year my man.

19 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

We're just adults talking about a game. No need to take your ball and go home ... Nothing emotional about it... Leave the emotions at the door... Your a Pasco County guy... I am a Pinellas County guy.. On the grand scheme (statewide) BOTH of our counties are looked at as lower tier because we don' win state titles...  We get there sometimes and usually get embarrassed when there...   We (Pinellas) do put a lot of guys in college and the NFL though.... I have to call it a spade a spade... We have one team that currently has 6 guys in the NFL and  3 more that will join them next year (AT THE SAME DAMN TIME)... When I see that and the results that team had all I can do is shake my head and say "coaching"  That is something that is NOT a problem with Mitchell though I really like their staff.

Even still I don't think Mitchell is going to win this game... or Wiregrass or Zhills (I think they can but man that defense is awful).

High school football is about representing your school, neighborhood and community. Yes, the ultimate goal is winning a state title, but when did that determine if a program stinks or is garbage. It's about the game... Great example is the two games this season between River Ridge and Zephyrhills. The first one had eight lead changes and second one River Ridge was leading 21-0 and Zephyrhills comes back and wins 35-31. That's high school football and why I love it. It's about the game... We have some great rivalries in Pasco County and some years the games are blowouts, but when they're close games, they're great games. 

And it's not about taking my ball and going home. It was about a conversation going in circles with someone that just wants attention and brings no value to me. I don't need to sell Pasco County to him and use my brain. I think my website speaks for itself.

FYI... You did a great job when you where on the radio. I enjoyed your insight to the area. 

www.pascocountyfb.com

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You don't think vanguard or St Augustine can hang with armwood? 

Maybe... I did not think St. Aug's schedule was particularly tough even though they dominated it.  I guess the question is is Armwood the best team that either of them would have faced... The answer is yes but I am not sure if they are the best team Armwood faced because they beat Plant pretty bad. 

57 minutes ago, PascoCountyFB said:

High school football is about representing your school, neighborhood and community. Yes, the ultimate goal is winning a state title, but when did that determine if a program stinks or is garbage. It's about the game... Great example is the two games this season between River Ridge and Zephyrhills. The first one had eight lead changes and second one River Ridge was leading 21-0 and Zephyrhills comes back and wins 35-31. That's high school football and why I love it. It's about the game... We have some great rivalries in Pasco County and some years the games are blowouts, but when they're close games, they're great games. 

And it's not about taking my ball and going home. It was about a conversation going in circles with someone that just wants attention and brings no value to me. I don't need to sell Pasco County to him and use my brain. I think my website speaks for itself.

FYI... You did a great job when you where on the radio. I enjoyed your insight to the area. 

www.pascocountyfb.com

Oh you were referring to him not me LOL... Okay, Yes I have been to your site before and we have met.  I can't remember when I think it was during the Pasco high Dominant days.  I am pretty sure I talked to you on the sideline of the Pasco Jesuit game and maybe Pasco Zhills a few years later (I have been in a debate with Plant folks over on BCP that the 9 Mile Rivalry especially when played at Zhills is the best HSFB environment in our area... of course they disagree... of course they have never seen the rivlary game either LOL).

I get what your saying... I get what he is saying too.... From a state scene no we are not top counties but it does not mean the football sucks or the games suck.  That RR Zhills game was one of the best they shown on Spectrum/Bhouse/TimeWarner like ever.

I didn't say the games from a competitive standpoint against each other are not good games. 

I was simply pointing out that the actual level of quality in football in Pasco is not good at all. Especially on a state level. Not from an execution standpoint. Not from an athletic standpoint. It's just not good football. 

I went to the Fivay/Hudson game and there was plenty of emotion and the highlight for Hudson's season is probably kicking the crap out of their new rival. But it doesn't mean the game wasnt painful to watch. The teams were so slow and disorganized. It's like watching a continuation of little league football. 

Every team across the country has a rival and plays with love for their brothers. But it doesn't negate the fact that the football stinks. That's the main point I'm trying to make. 

Your saying it doesn't matter how bad something is as long as you like what you are doing. That's the participation trophy mindset. Terrible way of thinking. 

The only way to talk Pasco County football is to take away the quality aspect and only focus on the love of the game. There's not much else to talk about. Lol 

11 hours ago, PascoCountyFB said:

You're referring to Hillsbourough or Chamberlain. Mitchell has not played Armwood, 

You are correct. It was Chamberlain that played Armwood tough and then Mitchell defeated Chamberlain. So, I would suspect that Mitchell is somewhat better than they're advertised. My mistake as I look at so many stats with open windows up on my monitor. So easy to make a mistake.

8 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Maybe... I did not think St. Aug's schedule was particularly tough even though they dominated it.  I guess the question is is Armwood the best team that either of them would have faced... The answer is yes but I am not sure if they are the best team Armwood faced because they beat Plant pretty bad. 

True, but it seems that Armwood had more trouble with Chamberlain than any other team. Black only passed for 48 yards and 0 TD's and Snead rushed for only 1 TD. And yet folks are saying that Chamberlain is not really a good team at all. Also, this game was in Armwood's back yard. Did Armwood just have a bad night? I think historically if either Vanguard or St. Augustine play Armwood they will have a tough road to hoe. Armwood seems to have a balanced team between passing and rushing. They also seem to have a lights out defense. I do feel that if Vanguard plays error free ball (no fumbles or interceptions) they can hang with Armwood and get by them. However, they have to get by Mitchell first.

Armwood played their worst game of the season vs Chambo and STILL won by 3 scores. 

No one is saying Chambo is terrible, they just aren't the team to accurately represent the county. 

But to be a team ranked in the 80's of the state, they played pretty dang good against the bell cow of Pasco. Losing by 1 point after getting shafted isn't a bad showing for them. 

Vanguard is a different animal. Now is the time that teams around the state can't hide behind their local garbage bins. Lol. 

There is no hiding. That's why you will see Wiregrass, ZHills and Mitchell get the doors blown off. Because they ain't playing Anclote, Fivay, Leto, and Gulf. LMAO! 

Vanguard 35 - Mitchell 31

Well, Mitchell is either better than they have been advertised or Vanguard is not as good as advertised. Although I wasn't at the game I read some reviews. Mitchell went ahead 31-28 with 2 minutes remaining. Vanguard scored with less than a minute left to pull it out 35-31. Apparently Vanguard's vaunted passing game was shut down most of the game and it was an interception that set up Mitchell's last TD. Now Vanguard has to travel to Armwood next Friday. Whoa is me. :unsure:

I was at the game. Vanguard made some costly turnovers that would have resulted in a blowout vs an elite team. 

I will give Mitchell some credit though. They have some good coaches who put their kids in positions to make plays even though they were outmatched athletically. Vanguard has some burners. 

Mitchell was physical on offense which was surprising. 

Mitchell deserves some respect for playing the game of their lives against a state ranked team and hanging in all the way. 

8 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I was at the game. Vanguard made some costly turnovers that would have resulted in a blowout vs an elite team. 

I will give Mitchell some credit though. They have some good coaches who put their kids in positions to make plays even though they were outmatched athletically. Vanguard has some burners. 

Mitchell deserves some respect for playing the game of their lives against a state ranked team and hanging in all the way. 

Do you think vanguard has any chance next week? 

26 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Vanguard 35 - Mitchell 31

Well, Mitchell is either better than they have been advertised or Vanguard is not as good as advertised. Although I wasn't at the game I read some reviews. Mitchell went ahead 31-28 with 2 minutes remaining. Vanguard scored with less than a minute left to pull it out 35-31. Apparently Vanguard's vaunted passing game was shut down most of the game and it was an interception that set up Mitchell's last TD. Now Vanguard has to travel to Armwood next Friday. Whoa is me. :unsure:

I was not at the game either, but it had 5 lead changes. Sounds like two very good football teams battled it out and let the kids settle the outcome on the football field. Kinda what I said in my first post. Congrats to both teams as they played a competitive game and gave the fans what they came to see. 

7-0 Mitchell (1Q)

7-7 Tie (1Q)

14-7 Vanguard (2Q)

14-14 Tie (2Q)

17-14 Mitchell (Halftime)

21-17 Vanguard (3Q)

28-17 Vanguard (4Q)

28-23 Vanguard (4Q)

31-28 Mitchell (4Q)

35-31 Vanguard (Final)

23 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Up until this game Vanguard had very few recorded fumbles all season. What was the primary reason for their sloppy play? Penalties? And, if so, what type of penalties? Or, was it just a combination of things?

No they were unforced errors. A few times they fumbled on the handoff. The first play of the game they fumble the handoff and Mitchell recovers. Few plays later Mitchell was in the end zone. 

Vanguard's QB looked very polished if he could just get his athletes the ball consistently. Some throws he looked like a College football stud, and others he stalled drives with errant throws. 

They had the speed advantage by far. The coaching and sloppy play stopped this from being a blowout. They are a good team and will give Armwood all they can handle if they play mistake free ball. 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:34 AM, nolebull813 said:

That is what I have said about Mitchell all along.. They are very well coached. 

With the exception of 3 or 4 teams or so Armwood has had a murderer's row to get through. Vanguard had only 2 or possibly 3  fairly tough teams, Buchholz, Gainesville, and I guess Mitchell. I don't think that any of those 3 teams is as difficult as Tampa Bay Tech, Plant, Jefferson,  and Durant. Armwood seems to have a lights out defense. I'm assuming that it's mostly against the run. Although Vanguard has some good backs they do better at passing. Wonder if Armwood can stop Vanguard's passing attack. And can Vanguard stop or slow down Armwood's offense which is incredibly balanced. They seemed to have a hard time stopping Mitchell's RB Hamilton.  Whatever, it will be decided on the Armwood's field this Friday.  Would like to hear some other opinions on this game  from folks that may know more than I do about both teams. What does Vanguard have to do, beside pray a lot, to come back to Ocala with a win?

54 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

With the exception of 3 or 4 teams or so Armwood has had a murderer's row to get through. Vanguard had only 2 or possibly 3  fairly tough teams, Buchholz, Gainesville, and I guess Mitchell. I don't think that any of those 3 teams is as difficult as Tampa Bay Tech, Plant, Jefferson,  and Durant. Armwood seems to have a lights out defense. I'm assuming that it's mostly against the run. Although Vanguard has some good backs they do better at passing. Wonder if Armwood can stop Vanguard's passing attack. And can Vanguard stop or slow down Armwood's offense which is incredibly balanced. They seemed to have a hard time stopping Mitchell's RB Hamilton.  Whatever, it will be decided on the Armwood's field this Friday.  Would like to hear some other opinions on this game  from folks that may know more than I do about both teams. What does Vanguard have to do, beside pray a lot, to come back to Ocala with a win?

Eh, Idk if I'd call it a murderer's row. Not quite 6A-16 but definitely better then what people give them credit for.

Jefferson is down this year, and Durant is not bad but not particularly any good, just average

Hillsborough x2 is good and are quality wins though, definitely far better than those other two

TBT and Plant are both among the top teams in Central FL and were soundly beaten by them, indeed very impressive wins.

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Armwood shut down Plants passing game for the most part as well as Tech who has the best QB in the area.  So they are good against the pass as well.

1 hour ago, peezy28 said:

Armwood shut down Plants passing game for the most part as well as Tech who has the best QB in the area.  So they are good against the pass as well.

I wonder if they did it with a good pass rush or do they just have a good secondary? One thing going for Vanguard, besides their excellent QB, is a couple of very tall and very fast receivers.