Lakeland - 33.1
Wiregrass - 26.6

Points Against Per Game:
Lakeland - 10.8
Wiregrass - 14.8

Playoff Records (All Time):
Lakeland 64-24
Wiregrass 1-1

Lakeland comes into this game sputtering a bit on offense. After averaging 38 PPG their first 7 games, they are averaging just 13 over their last 2, both against in-county rivals. Lakeland's defense has been their strength this season. 

I went to the WR/Lake Nona game and their D was really good. They won 17-10 but Nona only scored a TD on a short field after Wiregrass went for it on 4th and 4 inside their own 20. I am sure I am in the minority, but I think this game could be a little better than people think - especially if Lakeland is struggling on offense. If Lakeland gets it rolling early, then I don't think Wiregrass will be able to hang.

41 minutes ago, Coach said:

I went to the WR/Lake Nona game and their D was really good. They won 17-10 but Nona only scored a TD on a short field after Wiregrass went for it on 4th and 4 inside their own 20. I am sure I am in the minority, but I think this game could be a little better than people think - especially if Lakeland is struggling on offense. If Lakeland gets it rolling early, then I don't think Wiregrass will be able to hang.

Agree. Was quite shocked when I was watching the game saw WR go for it on 4th down that deep in their own end.

On a side note......that Lake Nona player that broke his arm during the game......that was pretty brutal.

43 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Agree. Was quite shocked when I was watching the game saw WR go for it on 4th down that deep in their own end.

On a side note......that Lake Nona player that broke his arm during the game......that was pretty brutal.

I felt terrible for that kid. That was one of the worst-looking breaks I've seen. Hope he's ok.

If the Lakeland team that played Apopka can show up, I would be more confident. I just haven't seen them trending in the right direction the last few games. I'm hoping getting away from the Polk County games will get them in playoff mode. Winter Haven was a playoff game. But can understand it being difficult to get up for a team to have already played once and beaten 55-7, not to mention an in-county rival that is putting everything they can into beating you.