Viera robbed by Refs

Bamarod

Viera loses 22-18 on bogus calls by refs.  Plant gets a BS unsportsmanlike conduct  call against Viera(for playing HELLS BELLS sound after offense broke huddle ) on defense to gain a first and goal inside 10 yd line and scores with 8 seconds left in game.  Game was almost as bad as Rockledge-Cocoa game by refs. Refs took away two Viera tds, one on a bogus holding penalty on a return, another from a time out call by plant as Viera scored in first half. Refs called penalties against Plant but not in crucial situations. Read that again, They moved the ball inside the 10 with a minute left in game because they said the bell sound for third down was played at the wrong time.Bell sound was played on every third down in game, but refs flag it inside a minute to go in a play-off game? UNBELIEVABLE !

I knew Plant coaching staff was experienced but that is embarrassing. Plant also used fake injuries to slow Viera offense in second half, players faking hurt going out for a play then coming back in to game, 7 times, really? Plant defense could not compete in 2nd half, big but slow and exhausted, but coaches found a way to slow down Viera.  Lost all respect for Plant, but coaches know how to work a ref crew.

I want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and I enjoy this web site and all the conversation very much.  Unfortunately now that football has come to an end for my local teams (most important, my son's team)   My last bit of words will be; I just watched close to what could be considered a crime scene at Viera High School tonight. The better team did not move on to the Regional final.  Everyone Happy Holidays!!!! 

27 minutes ago, Bamarod said:

Viera loses 22-18 on bogus calls by refs.  Plant gets a BS unsportsmanlike conduct  call against Viera(for playing HELLS BELLS sound after offense broke huddle ) on defense to gain a first and goal inside 10 yd line and scores with 8 seconds left in game.  Game was almost as bad as Rockledge-Cocoa game by refs. Refs took away two Viera tds, one on a bogus holding penalty on a return, another from a time out call by plant as Viera scored in first half. Refs called penalties against Plant but not in crucial situations. Read that again, They moved the ball inside the 10 with a minute left in game because they said the bell sound for third down was played at the wrong time.Bell sound was played on every third down in game, but refs flag it inside a minute to go in a play-off game? UNBELIEVABLE !

I knew Plant coaching staff was experienced but that is embarrassing. Plant also used fake injuries to slow Viera offense in second half, players faking hurt going out for a play then coming back in to game, 7 times, really? Plant defense could not compete in 2nd half, big but slow and exhausted, but coaches found a way to slow down Viera.  Lost all respect for Plant, but coaches know how to work a ref crew.

That is unfortunate when the zebras likely determine the outcome of a match. The refs should have issued a warning/side-line warning earlier in the game if it was an issue but it sounds like they waited until a penalty could determine the outcome of a game.  

Not a Viera fan, just an all around Florida high school football fan that lives in Brevard. Went to the game...wow what a lack of ethics from Plant. Do their coaches really teach these young men to throw away their integrity? Obvious fake cramping to stop momentum play after play in 65 degree weather. Never seen anything like it.

It's hard to understand until you watch your team go through it.  I even heard the Rockledge game had an unusual amount of flags thrown in it.  Like one poster said "its the playoffs", with a little more intensity.  A good game is when you don't hardly recognize there are zebras on the field, unfortunately these fellas are more often than not full of themselves and want to be seen.  Its a shame that they take away from the game and all the hard work these young men put into their craft.  I know that in the Cocoa/Rock game the one Ref that threw the majority of the flags that night was a Rockledge resident.  There's just no way to take bias out of the game especially when you use hometown HOMERS but In these cases Viera and Rockledge, played home.  Does the FHSAA bring in outside Refs for the playoffs?

9 hours ago, Bamarod said:

Same thing happened to us at fort Pierce central against plant with the fake cramps/injuries. Back then went I said it on flavarsity they said it was just sour grapes and the plant coaching staff would never stoop to that level. Any time we got clicking on offense a cramp would happen, kid would run off for a play and he right back in. Happened 19 times. 

36 minutes ago, Bocefous70 said:

Same thing happened to us at fort Pierce central against plant with the fake cramps/injuries. Back then went I said it on flavarsity they said it was just sour grapes and the plant coaching staff would never stoop to that level. Any time we got clicking on offense a cramp would happen, kid would run off for a play and he right back in. Happened 19 times. 

You folks need something like the U, but instead of the Turnover Chain, it's the Excuse Chain. LOL. 

10 hours ago, Bamarod said:

LOL. Sore losers. You don't think calls go against Plant too? This was on your home field. After getting your asses whipped last year at Plant the Chickenhawks should have come out and wiped the floor with Plant with all the crap you Viera idiots have been spouting. Maybe next year. Welp.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

LOL. Sore losers. You don't think calls go against Plant too? This was on your home field. After getting your asses whipped last year at Plant the Chickenhawks should have come out and wiped the floor with Plant with all the crap you Viera idiots have been spouting. Maybe next year. Welp.

Where you been

I been saying to come here for weeks but you wait until 3rd round to come over

I need insight on a few teams lol

Armwood and plant would be a good start

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Where you been

I been saying to come here for weeks but you wait until 3rd round to come over

I need insight on a few teams lol

Armwood and plant would be a good start

I usually chime in from my phone and I can't do it on this site for whatever reason. 

All the insight you need about Armwood is very simple. They are very good on all 3 levels of D and have D1 players at skill positions on offense. They will be hard to beat. However, going forward, I would think that VGuard will keep it close for a half and that St. Auggie will give them a real good game. If they get to MNW or Carol City, it will be very interesting. I can see Armwood beating them all this year. 

27 minutes ago, 181pl said:

You folks need something like the U, but instead of the Turnover Chain, it's the Excuse Chain. LOL. 

I’m not a Viera fan, so I’m not making excuses. I always wanted to watch a Plant game because of their winning program history. I’m very disappointed in what I saw...sad and disgraceful. Like I said obvious fake cramps. Wasn’t hot enough to lose that many electrolytes to cramp over and over again this deep in the season where everyone should be in football shape. So it’s either electrolyte imbalances from a serious health i.e. kidney disease, malnutrition in half the defense, or flopping. You made a confused face on my earlier post. Not sure what you’re confused about.

14 minutes ago, 181pl said:

All the insight you need about Armwood is very simple. They are very good on all 3 levels of D and have D1 players at skill positions on offense. They will be hard to beat. However, going forward, I would think that VGuard will keep it close for a half and that St. Auggie will give them a real good game. If they get to MNW or Carol City, it will be very interesting. I can see Armwood beating them all this year. 

We may disagree with that last statement but i will admit i don't think this team is as complacent and ready to lose as last year team was

Vanguard will put up a fight but it's at armwood 

Same with St Augustine 

Upset possible but if i was forced to put money i would on armwood but i expect MNW to win 6a

3 minutes ago, Seminole44 said:

I’m not a Viera fan, so I’m not making excuses. I always wanted to watch a Plant game because of their winning program history. I’m very disappointed in what I saw...sad and disgraceful. Like I said obvious fake cramps. Wasn’t hot enough to lose that many electrolytes to cramp over and over again this deep in the season where everyone should be in football shape. So it’s either electrolyte imbalances from a serious health i.e. kidney disease, malnutrition in half the defense, or flopping. You made a confused face on my earlier post. Not sure what you’re confused about.

Refs need to take control of the situation. If this was actually happening, Viera's staff has to address this with the refs on the field and start charging Plant timeouts. That's how you stop it. 

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Refs need to take control of the situation. If this was actually happening, Viera's staff has to address this with the refs on the field and start charging Plant timeouts. That's how you stop it. 

Not sure what happened at the field level. But the first 3 or 4 times the Viera side clapped for the “injured player”. After it became ridiculous as the game went on the crowd started booing. Obvious to all. If you’re going to say “just excuses” or “sour grapes” then you are blindly following your team and are being naive. It took a lot of the purity out of high school football and like I said earlier, I’ve never seen anything like it at the high school level. If the coaches are indeed telling these players to flop, they shouldn’t be role models.

8 minutes ago, Seminole44 said:

Not sure what happened at the field level. But the first 3 or 4 times the Viera side clapped for the “injured player”. After it became ridiculous as the game went on the crowd started booing. Obvious to all. If you’re going to say “just excuses” or “sour grapes” then you are blindly following your team and are being naive. It took a lot of the purity out of high school football and like I said earlier, I’ve never seen anything like it at the high school level. If the coaches are indeed telling these players to flop, they shouldn’t be role models.

I'v seen opposing teams do it at Dad's. But cramps do happen. Could even be a team meal or hydration issue with some kids. You folks on here have accused an excellent program of faking injuries. It's not up to Plant fans to blindly agree with your position. I'll have to see if I can watch it on Hudl before I have an opinion.

50 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I usually chime in from my phone and I can't do it on this site for whatever reason. 

Figured it out. The wrong password was auto-loaded. I fixed it. Just never addressed it because I get such spotty reception at work, it's a real pain to have to reload pages, etc. If it's up and running well, I can post from my phone at work. If not, it's not worth the hassle. 

17 minutes ago, Seminole44 said:

I won't name the team in question specifically but i remember last year our softball team was at home playing a team and we went through top of inning and had no problem batting then we get to bottom of inning and other team complains about sun affecting their view of the mound so we were forced to hold the bottom half for 20 minutes yet we had no trouble with it

Point is some teams will bend rules to help them,  luckily in our case we won (and will win again this year when we play so that team who knows who they are better be ready to lose)

14 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I'v seen opposing teams do it at Dad's. But cramps do happen. Could even be a team meal or hydration issue with some kids. You folks on here have accused an excellent program of faking injuries. It's not up to Plant fans to blindly agree with your position. I'll have to see if I can watch it on Hudl before I have an opinion.

Yes cramps do happen and I believe that is why the Viera fans clapped for the downed players the first few times. But....it only happened after a big play and only on defense. I’ve never been able to get interested in soccer due to flopping and I had to stop watching basketball for flopping. Some comments I overheard from the crowd were “have these kids been hydrating with coffee and whiskey all day” and a 7 year old who didn’t understand commented “wow that team is really delicate”. I did believe Plant was an excellent program...until last night.