Viera robbed by Refs

Bamarod

59 minutes ago, 181pl said:

So the 4 state titles, 6 state championship appearances, and 40 playoff wins in the last decade are negated because you feel they faked cramps last night? Great logic. The more you post, the more biased you sound.

Totally agree with you. Plant is a winning program. That is why I was excited to see them play last night. But a winning program and an excellent program are two different things. I saw what I saw and there were ethical issues. Only time I’ve seen them play. Third time I’ve seen Viera play. Flopping isn’t cool. Wrong sport. Hopefully other schools don’t follow Plants lead. That could damage the sport if it catches on.

2 hours ago, Seminole44 said:

I’m not a Viera fan, so I’m not making excuses. I always wanted to watch a Plant game because of their winning program history. I’m very disappointed in what I saw...sad and disgraceful. Like I said obvious fake cramps. Wasn’t hot enough to lose that many electrolytes to cramp over and over again this deep in the season where everyone should be in football shape. So it’s either electrolyte imbalances from a serious health i.e. kidney disease, malnutrition in half the defense, or flopping. You made a confused face on my earlier post. Not sure what you’re confused about.

Plant of today is a far cry from their elite teams of 2006-2011

1 hour ago, FLFB said:

Plant of today is a far cry from their elite teams of 2006-2011

Not really. I think the state just caught up. Especially in coaching. PHS has a great staff but your seeing better and better coaching staffs all around these days. Plus it' hard to replace Marve, Murray, and Ely. Been a while since Plant had an elite QB. The defense and run game have not dropped a bit. But when there isn't an elite QB to stir the drink its a different beverage.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Not really. I think the state just caught up. Especially in coaching. PHS has a great staff but your seeing better and better coaching staffs all around these days. Plus it' hard to replace Marve, Murray, and Ely. Been a while since Plant had an elite QB. The defense and run game have not dropped a bit. But when there isn't an elite QB to stir the drink its a different beverage.

How can you say that? Superstar QBs aside, those 2006-2011 teams were waaayyy more talented than their 2012-present squads

Idk, maybe I just haven't been following them closely enough. You're a Plant fan so I guess you would know

Eye test wise, those earlier Plant teams just looked like they had way more ballers when you watched them play

31 minutes ago, FLFB said:

How can you say that? Superstar QBs aside, those 2006-2011 teams were waaayyy more talented than their 2012-present squads

Idk, maybe I just haven't been following them closely enough. You're a Plant fan so I guess you would know

Eye test wise, those earlier Plant teams just looked like they had way more ballers when you watched them play

D1 signings are about the same. Steady each year. Sometimes a few more than other years, but usually no more than 4-6 each senior class. No Wilder this year. No Murray. No Marve. No Charles. But plenty of good ball players. 

Can I ask that this be the last thread on this game. It was not a good night for the Hawks; and the bus ride home for the Panthers was a good one. I have been on bus rides home that sucked and many plane ride homes that sucked.  Some plane and bus rides were good (sneaking a few things on bus or plane; plus in the day we were actually old enough). I am a total Merritt Island, Brevard County, and especially a Viera hoomer.  But 

12 Viera penalties, 2 TDz called back; Plant 5 penalties and 7 cramps (4 in a row on Viera plays that gained 6 to 10 yards each). I will not talk about penalty called on the press box with 1:30 to go(damn I just did) , 15 yrds and a Panther 1st down. I need another drink;  wait a double. 

The tradition rich and power progam of PLANT won the game. Robert Weiner 7A Dairy Farmers coach of the year Spectrum Sports.

Once again! Everybody have a great Holidays, and go COCOA TIGERS and VENICE INDIANS! do not give a hoot about other classifications.

Badbird, you have to have a vote in Dairy Farmers Florida coach of the year. 

2 hours ago, Mustangs78 said:

Can I ask that this be the last thread on this game. It was not a good night for the Hawks; and the bus ride home for the Panthers was a good one. I have been on bus rides home that sucked and many plane ride homes that sucked.  Some plane and bus rides were good (sneaking a few things on bus or plane; plus in the day we were actually old enough). I am a total Merritt Island, Brevard County, and especially a Viera hoomer.  But 

12 Viera penalties, 2 TDz called back; Plant 5 penalties and 7 cramps (4 in a row on Viera plays that gained 6 to 10 yards each). I will not talk about penalty called on the press box with 1:30 to go(damn I just did) , 15 yrds and a Panther 1st down. I need another drink;  wait a double. 

The tradition rich and power progam of PLANT won the game. Robert Weiner 7A Dairy Farmers coach of the year Spectrum Sports.

Once again! Everybody have a great Holidays, and go COCOA TIGERS and VENICE INDIANS! do not give a hoot about other classifications.

Badbird, you have to have a vote in Dairy Farmers Florida coach of the year. 

Post of the Year right there. 

Apparently this works both ways. Please read this thread. The penalty was not on the Viera band. It was on their press box. Plant coaches believe it was Viera pulling the shady sh*t, not the other way around. They were doing electronically amplified sound clips to screw up the QB's cadence during the snap count. Don't get me wrong, Plant's band does plenty to disrupt the other team's offense, but it's never "amplified" and it's not done at a snap count. It's a continual racket while Plant's D is on the field. 

https://bigcountypreps.com/big-board-forum/?p=post%2Fplant-guys-explain-this-late-penalty-on-vierra-please-9486894%3Fpid%3D1301892787

post from a Plant coach or at least a former one

YODA MASTER 

Posted 17 hours ago · Edited  #3 

They got what they deserved. They banned us from setting up cameras in the end zone. FHSAA policy allows that according to my knowledge. They had a radio show in our booth set up so our coaches were kicked out on top of the roof by the speakers that were highly amplified with loud music/PA sound. They made no provisions for a box for the visiting coaches like we did for them last year when the game was on TV. We GAVE them our own coaching box. Their admin were complete d****s to us in pregame about these issues. Didn’t like how that came out. Didn’t like the announcer using artificially amplified noise (through speakers and electricity not the band) during offensive plays which is TOTALLY illegal and the PA was warned twice about it to the point that their head coach pleaded with the PA guy through the headsets to NOT play the gong sound during play. He did it a third time and they flagged him. All he had to do was NOT push that button. He couldn’t do it. And yes it was annoying and illegal. They gave us sh** about setting up HUDL sideline technology—like we were televising the game to the whole country or something illegally. Yet their admin had no problem with their kids prodding our athletes at halftime trying to get to the locker room. That was the worst thing

5 hours ago, 181pl said:

Apparently this works both ways. Please read this thread. The penalty was not on the Viera band. It was on their press box. Plant coaches believe it was Viera pulling the shady sh*t, not the other way around. They were doing electronically amplified sound clips to screw up the QB's cadence during the snap count. Don't get me wrong, Plant's band does plenty to disrupt the other team's offense, but it's never "amplified" and it's not done at a snap count. It's a continual racket while Plant's D is on the field. 

https://bigcountypreps.com/big-board-forum/?p=post%2Fplant-guys-explain-this-late-penalty-on-vierra-please-9486894%3Fpid%3D1301892787

The annoying loud music and such when the opposing team is calling signals is getting out of hand. I think the Refs should throw flags for this conduct. 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We may disagree with that last statement but i will admit i don't think this team is as complacent and ready to lose as last year team was

Vanguard will put up a fight but it's at armwood 

Same with St Augustine 

Upset possible but if i was forced to put money i would on armwood but i expect MNW to win 6a

This is the best Armwood team since they beat Central in the Forfeit Forgettable Bowl. 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We may disagree with that last statement but i will admit i don't think this team is as complacent and ready to lose as last year team was

Vanguard will put up a fight but it's at armwood 

Same with St Augustine 

Upset possible but if i was forced to put money i would on armwood but i expect MNW to win 6a

Also... I thought better of Vanguard until they struggled to beat Mitchell... Nothing against Mitchell but I think Armwood would have probably put a running clock on them.  So that could be Vanguards fate.

18 hours ago, badbird said:

post from a Plant coach or at least a former one

YODA MASTER 

Posted 17 hours ago · Edited  #3 

They got what they deserved. They banned us from setting up cameras in the end zone. FHSAA policy allows that according to my knowledge. They had a radio show in our booth set up so our coaches were kicked out on top of the roof by the speakers that were highly amplified with loud music/PA sound. They made no provisions for a box for the visiting coaches like we did for them last year when the game was on TV. We GAVE them our own coaching box. Their admin were complete d****s to us in pregame about these issues. Didn’t like how that came out. Didn’t like the announcer using artificially amplified noise (through speakers and electricity not the band) during offensive plays which is TOTALLY illegal and the PA was warned twice about it to the point that their head coach pleaded with the PA guy through the headsets to NOT play the gong sound during play. He did it a third time and they flagged him. All he had to do was NOT push that button. He couldn’t do it. And yes it was annoying and illegal. They gave us sh** about setting up HUDL sideline technology—like we were televising the game to the whole country or something illegally. Yet their admin had no problem with their kids prodding our athletes at halftime trying to get to the locker room. That was the worst thing

Current

We definitely would never tell our guys to fake a cramp. Our two best players on defense went down three times with cramps. Micah Mcfadden and Smoke Mungin are two of the best players on our team. Why on earth would we have THOSE two guys off the field when we so desperately need them out there EVERY play? They scored right up the middle when Micah was out for a play even! That makes ZERO sense. If I were going to make a kid fake a cramp—it would have been other players.   NOT those guys.  

Lastly—it’s just not how we roll man.  Those of you who know our staff—we don’t operate like that fellas.  Find another axe to grind

On 11/18/2017 at 10:56 AM, Seminole44 said:

Totally agree with you. Plant is a winning program. That is why I was excited to see them play last night. But a winning program and an excellent program are two different things. I saw what I saw and there were ethical issues. Only time I’ve seen them play. Third time I’ve seen Viera play. Flopping isn’t cool. Wrong sport. Hopefully other schools don’t follow Plants lead. That could damage the sport if it catches on.

I assure you we were more worried about how to minimize their electric offense to 18 points as opposed to their usual 50’s games than asking our kids to flop.  I stand up for my program man.  It’s not how we roll.   You are free to believe what you want but that’s your deal.  I’m on the inside and I can guarantee you that we didn’t ask our kids to flop.  That’s cheap and dirty.  

On 11/17/2017 at 11:04 PM, Bamarod said:

Viera loses 22-18 on bogus calls by refs.  Plant gets a BS unsportsmanlike conduct  call against Viera(for playing HELLS BELLS sound after offense broke huddle ) on defense to gain a first and goal inside 10 yd line and scores with 8 seconds left in game.  Game was almost as bad as Rockledge-Cocoa game by refs. Refs took away two Viera tds, one on a bogus holding penalty on a return, another from a time out call by plant as Viera scored in first half. Refs called penalties against Plant but not in crucial situations. Read that again, They moved the ball inside the 10 with a minute left in game because they said the bell sound for third down was played at the wrong time.Bell sound was played on every third down in game, but refs flag it inside a minute to go in a play-off game? UNBELIEVABLE !

I knew Plant coaching staff was experienced but that is embarrassing. Plant also used fake injuries to slow Viera offense in second half, players faking hurt going out for a play then coming back in to game, 7 times, really? Plant defense could not compete in 2nd half, big but slow and exhausted, but coaches found a way to slow down Viera.  Lost all respect for Plant, but coaches know how to work a ref crew.

The refs were not responsible for our defense stuffing your offense numerous times.  We played like complete horsesh** the first quarter but our defense minimized the damage from 4 turnovers by refusing to let them in the end zone and go for field goals.  We make them go three and out the last two drives.  Our offense finally got it together and drove 94 yards in 2 minutes. One penalty you’re complaining about yet the refs warned that idiot NOT to push the amplified gong button during the cadence of the QB THREE TIMES.  The third time they throw the flag.  Your own head coach pleaded with the PA announcer not to do it (he got on the headsets with the dude).  He did it—and was flagged.  I applaud it in lieu of the numerous other issues we had with their admin over there.  

On November 17, 2017 at 11:04 PM, Bamarod said:

Viera loses 22-18 on bogus calls by refs.  Plant gets a BS unsportsmanlike conduct  call against Viera(for playing HELLS BELLS sound after offense broke huddle ) on defense to gain a first and goal inside 10 yd line and scores with 8 seconds left in game.  Game was almost as bad as Rockledge-Cocoa game by refs. Refs took away two Viera tds, one on a bogus holding penalty on a return, another from a time out call by plant as Viera scored in first half. Refs called penalties against Plant but not in crucial situations. Read that again, They moved the ball inside the 10 with a minute left in game because they said the bell sound for third down was played at the wrong time.Bell sound was played on every third down in game, but refs flag it inside a minute to go in a play-off game? UNBELIEVABLE !

Wasn't there, but I can't shake the feeling the "bogus" penalty on the return is just you being mad that your team actually did commit a hold on a big play. And if Plant called a TO right before the other TD then why are you complaining? The refs didn't take anything away, Plant called a TO.

You even admit refs called penalties on Plant, if they weren't at crucial moments, don't blame the refs, "blame" Plant's coaches for coaching their players better. Also the game was played in Brevard county, not Hillsborough county. If there was any officiating bias it would stand to reason that Viera would be the beneficiary, not Plant.

When you first posted this I believed you considering Plant's prestige and the benefits that usually come with being an established name brand. However, after hearing the Plant coaches detailed side of the story compared to your relatively vague account, I gotta side with Plant here and call BS on your Viera was robbed claim