3A Chaminade at CCC

mbhs69

Likin' this one.  Got turkey day at my son's house in St Pete's so I hope to get over to this game the next night.  CM is the favorite here, but do they travel well ... like a longer haul 4 hr trip on black Friday?  CCC appears to have a solid defense but can they hold off all that CM ground and air firepower?  If CCC's offense can maintain possession and stay on the field this could be closer than we think.  Might depend on who's on the hotter roll now,  and who's willpower breaks first.

Hope both teams are healthy at full strength so we can see the real complete deal on both.

Clearwater is about a 4 hour bus ride from Hollywood barring traffic. It turns into a 5 hour bus ride when you factor in stopping to feed the team at the halfway point (probably in Charlotte).  It's not an ideal drive for Chaminade, but it will have 0 impact on the game.

CCC is a good football team, damn good actually. The problem is, to beat this Chaminade team you have to be better than damn good. University School and Doral Academy are damn good teams too and Chaminade ran through them like a hot knife through butter.

At the start of the season I said Chaminade would win the Class 3A state title this year. I also said that CCC, while capable of having a solid season is probably looking at a special 2018 season since their best athletes and players are in their Freshmen and Junior classes. Johnnie Newton will be a man-child his Junior year, Kennedy Roberts will be a power 5 defensive end and they don't get much more special than Jerjuan Newton, the QB Rory Hicks is also really, really good. Richie Illaraza is going to be one of the top WR's in the state at some point.. CJ Catia will be a top DB/WR hybrid and my husband thinks CCC has some impressive looking linemen that will be in the college recruiting scene. I also really like the other Jr. WR who actually lines up as a safety Brett Seither (6'5 guy 200, very quick).

The issue is, these are all things to come in 2018 after another offseason in the weight room and coaching. In other words, while I think they will all happen and CCC will have a crazy-loaded 2018 roster, it's all potential at this point..

Chaminade has all of these pieces right now,  and is playing with a sense of urgency right now because the way the team is built they need to win right now- similar to Oxbridge. Chaminade has paid their dues and are now reaping the rewards.

I have Chaminade winning 45-14.

just dug a bit deeper and found this nugget about CM's lineup;

D1 PROSPECTS
Keontra Smith 5-11 205 Junior S 5stars.jpg
Xavier Williams 6'0.5" 190 Senior WR 4halfstars.jpg
Shaun Shivers 5'7" 165 Senior APB 3halfstars.jpg
Akeem Hayes 5'10" 175 Senior WR 3stars.jpg
Keyondre White 5'10" 210 Senior RB 3stars.jpg
Davoan Hawkins 6'4" 270 Senior SDE 3stars.jpg
Marvin Alexander 6'3" 175 Senior WR 3stars.jpg
Sebastian Sainterling 6'2" 355 Senior OG 3stars.jpg
Justinn Richardson 6'1" 180 Senior S 2stars.jpg
Logan Giordano 5'11" 170 Senior WR 2stars.jpg

And this for CCC;

D1 PROSPECT
Deandre Fitz-Henley 6'0" 220 Senior ILB 3stars.jpg

CM's one 5-star is a junior, with the rest seniors who want that chip, - that's some hot knife.  

THink you need to dig a little deeper for CCC, they have a lot more than 1 prospect. But, CCC graduated 9 D-1 guys going into 2017 and then lost their top 5 returning juniors (including superstar Amari Burney) to rival school Calvary Christian. In addition, they picked up 7 transfers from PHU who hung around for 1 month before 5 of them transferred back.

The fact CCC is 11-0 and hosting a state semi final is a miracle. Again, CCC's best players are in their Freshmen and Junior classes, but it's a moot point for purposes of this game. Running clock in the 2nd quarter, maybe 1st quarter.

Also, IMHO, two of the better players for Chaminade in their Junior class are DE Cameron Williams (Florida Committ) and Te'cory Couch (Tenn committ).  Marlin Mayo is very solid as well. Chaminade also has an outstanding Fr QB in Thad Franklin. They've used him more at WR.  The starting QB is a Jr. as well.   My hubby loves 51, the 6'4 320lb guard.

20 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It's on the other side of the Bay. Kinda North West of downtown Tampa. Peezy 28, who is a cool guy is from near there. 

CCC is about 5 miles from my house... So is Clearwater, Pinellas Park, Largo, Seminole, Osceola, Dunedin, Countryside, Calvary... lets just say I am very centrally located LOL.  Its on the West Coast across the bridge from Tampa. 

5 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

CCC's best days are ahead of them. Chaminade-Madonna has and would roll effortlessly against any Tampa Bay team and about 95% of the teams in Florida- I called the final score to be 49-14 in another thread. 

Chaminade vs Oxbridge is a fair fight.

Against any Tampa Bay private school. Armwood, Plant, TBT, Hillsborough would all beat them or play them close. 

45 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I consider TBT and Hillsborough to about what Rockledge is. CCC beat Rockledge at Rockledge, Chaminade smashed CCC.   My opinion? You guys are looking at the Central and Plantation results, that was before the new OC was hired at CM.

If you think CCC would beat TBT this year, LOL. Once in a while maybe, but not this year. Not even close. And Hillsborough would shut out CCC. 

Here are the Hillsborough teams that would beat CCC:

Armwood

Plant

TBT

Hillsborough

Chamberlain

Teams that would likely beat them, but it would be a decent game:

Jefferson

Jesuit

Bloomingdale

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I would favor Chaminade because recently Hillsbourgh teams have not been able to do well against South Florida teams 

Small sample size. Chaminade Madonna is not STA or Central. They also aren't the Chaminade Madonna of 2005 under Mark Guandola. 

Don't forget, Plant beat BTW and Miramar deep in the playoffs. Armood has beaten Central and owned BTW, although its been a while. And again, Chaminade Madonna aint them.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

If you think CCC would beat TBT this year, LOL. Once in a while maybe, but not this year. Not even close. And Hillsborough would shut out CCC. 

Here are the Hillsborough teams that would beat CCC:

Armwood

Plant

TBT

Hillsborough

Chamberlain

Teams that would likely beat them, but it would be a decent game:

Jefferson

Jesuit

Bloomingdale

She was comparing rockledge to CCC 

Chaminade though is better than Rockledge and far better than CCC 

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I disagree. You're dead wrong. Watch a game outside of 3A now and again. 

I've seen your show before which is why I stopped posting on other forums, because you and your yolk flat out ruin them.  In 2011 when Berkeley Prep lost to American Heritage Delray the argument was that American Heritage would beat anyone in Tampa. The argument was AHD wouldn't beat Armwood.   AHD and Armwood played in 2012... Armwood went splat.

Point is- don't be rude. You have your opinion, I have mine. Yours isn't more right than mine.  I never said you were wrong, you said that to me- I said I disagree.

I also said I consider Rockledge is be about the quality of TBT and Hillsbrough, another arugment I won't back off of.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Small sample size. Chaminade Madonna is not STA or Central. They also aren't the Chaminade Madonna of 2005 under Mark Guandola. 

Chaminade may not be sta but they are solid 

Browardhandicapper knows the county well and if i recall correctly he has Chaminade as top 5 broward this year 

I'm not saying they destory plant and armwood like central and sta did

But i feel they are capable of defeating them

Maybe not week 3 Chaminade but Chaminade right now would give any Hillsbourgh team a fight and could beat them