3A Chaminade at CCC

mbhs69

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I think CM and Oxbridge are very good teams, but I think they have a  hard time with the remaining contenders from 5A up. 

Oxbridge- it would remain to be seen; not so much Chaminade. I think they'd do just fine. This is a team that beat Miramar in wk2 before Chaminade even got it together (The same Miramar that pounded STA). I would like to see Chaminade vs Heritage a second time, Chaminade was without key starters in that one including their starting QB.  Heritage is probably better, but it should be a dogfight not a blowout. 

I think the problem you have is that i threw all of Tampa public schools under a bus with gusto. Notice I said public schools.. I don't back down from it and think I'm correct in saying it. Now, I will say this. Armwood and Chaminade would be a classic match-up, but in a battle of a stacked public Tampa team vs a stacked Broward private team, I'm taking the Broward private team 9/10 times, sure the Tampa team may pull off a shocker here or there- but it's a different caliber of athlete down there.

I'm NOT backing down from TBT/Hillsborough in 2017 being roughly equiv to Rockledge in 2017. I'm not saying that CCC would beat TBT/Hillsborough. This CCC team should have finished 6-5, but they did beat Rockledge on the road which is a team I feel is similar to those teams. Chaminade kicked the holy poop out of CCC, I believe they would pound those teams as well. I do have a problem with you saying CCC beating Rockledge isn't impressive. That's just flat out disrespect, like you dated a CCC girl and she broke your heart so I hate them for the rest of my life kinda disrespect. That's an impressive win for what this CCC team was expected to do this year, which was a bunch of nothing. If you picked this Marauder team to win that game or finish undefeated this year- your pants are on fire.

Overall, I respect that a Tampa football fan takes it personally when a person known for supporting small private schools makes a big girl statement. But, I truly believe that this Chaminade-Madonna football team is special in a way that few teams are. Now, Oxbridge is a formidable foe and I believe is one of the few teams that can go athlete for athlete with Chaminade. I've probably sold Oxbridge short in the past year, that's my fault. But this game will be an amazing athletic contest.

Overall, I don't have anything against you 181pl. I appreciate your commentary and somebody needs to stick up for Tampa public football. I guess I get defensive when I see the old BCP posters, since most of them were jerks. You're a good guy! No printer, just fax!

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

If you think CCC would beat TBT this year, LOL. Once in a while maybe, but not this year. Not even close. And Hillsborough would shut out CCC. 

Here are the Hillsborough teams that would beat CCC:

Armwood

Plant

TBT

Hillsborough

Chamberlain

Teams that would likely beat them, but it would be a decent game:

Jefferson

Jesuit

Bloomingdale

You forgot to mention Clearwater beat CCC and they are done (granted it was spring but still). 

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I've seen your show before which is why I stopped posting on other forums, because you and your yolk flat out ruin them.  In 2011 when Berkeley Prep lost to American Heritage Delray the argument was that American Heritage would beat anyone in Tampa. The argument was AHD wouldn't beat Armwood.   AHD and Armwood played in 2012... Armwood went splat.

Point is- don't be rude. You have your opinion, I have mine. Yours isn't more right than mine.  I never said you were wrong, you said that to me- I said I disagree.

I also said I consider Rockledge is be about the quality of TBT and Hillsbrough, another arugment I won't back off of.

You stopped posting because of 1 guy?  C'mon jess your better than that. 

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Oxbridge- it would remain to be seen; not so much Chaminade. I think they'd do just fine. This is a team that beat Miramar in wk2 before Chaminade even got it together (The same Miramar that pounded STA). I would like to see Chaminade vs Heritage a second time, Chaminade was without key starters in that one including their starting QB.  Heritage is probably better, but it should be a dogfight not a blowout. 

I think the problem you have is that i threw all of Tampa public schools under a bus with gusto. Notice I said public schools.. I don't back down from it and think I'm correct in saying it. Now, I will say this. Armwood and Chaminade would be a classic match-up, but in a battle of a stacked public Tampa team vs a stacked Broward private team, I'm taking the Broward private team 9/10 times, sure the Tampa team may pull off a shocker here or there- but it's a different caliber of athlete down there.

I'm NOT backing down from TBT/Hillsborough in 2017 being roughly equiv to Rockledge in 2017. I'm not saying that CCC would beat TBT/Hillsborough. This CCC team should have finished 6-5, but they did beat Rockledge on the road which is a team I feel is similar to those teams. Chaminade kicked the holy poop out of CCC, I believe they would pound those teams as well. I do have a problem with you saying CCC beating Rockledge isn't impressive. That's just flat out disrespect, like you dated a CCC girl and she broke your heart so I hate them for the rest of my life kinda disrespect. That's an impressive win for what this CCC team was expected to do this year, which was a bunch of nothing. If you picked this Marauder team to win that game or finish undefeated this year- your pants are on fire.

Overall, I respect that a Tampa football fan takes it personally when a person known for supporting small private schools makes a big girl statement. But, I truly believe that this Chaminade-Madonna football team is special in a way that few teams are. Now, Oxbridge is a formidable foe and I believe is one of the few teams that can go athlete for athlete with Chaminade. I've probably sold Oxbridge short in the past year, that's my fault. But this game will be an amazing athletic contest.

Overall, I don't have anything against you 181pl. I appreciate your commentary and somebody needs to stick up for Tampa public football. I guess I get defensive when I see the old BCP posters, since most of them were jerks. You're a good guy! No printer, just fax!

Actually JD is one of the biggest jerks out there... Just sayin LOL. 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@BrowardHandicapper

Where did you rank Chaminade Madonna in broward county again? 

I have Chaminade-Madonna as 4 or 5 in Broward County right now.  Chaminade did beat Miramar in Week 2,  14-13.  Both teams improved significantly as the season went on and a week 10 rematch may very well have been a toss up as well IMO.  

I believe STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons would be a very hard matchup for CM particularly at the LOS and in the second half where I could see the CM OL and QB  possibly getting smothered in a hypothetical match...CM however would be good enough to possibly pull a upset if 100% healthy two or three times of ten.  Too many playmakers....

I have looked into  CM's losses over the last 2 years and there are some pretty strong trends:

2017 lost 24 - 48 versus Miami Central :  Shivers = 17 carries, 41 yds, 0 TDs

2017 lost 13-41 versus AHP: Shivers = 10 carries, 128 yds, 0 TDs

2016 lost  21-28 versus Cardinal Gibbons: Shivers = 11 carries, 67 yards, 0 TDs

2016  lost 6 - 20 versus Flanagan:  Shivers = 13 carries, 45 yards, 0 TDs

2016  lost 0 - 43 versus IMG: Shivers = 6 carries, 9 yards, 0 TDs

2016 lost  13 - 24  versus TCA: Shivers = 20 carries, 140 yards, 1 TD

Source for the above may not be official and are from: sportstrac/Miami Herald

All of these teams (IMG excluded) are 5A or higher teams.  All of these teams contained or shut down Auburn RB commit Shaun Shivers.  All of these teams pretty much had their way at the LOS (particularly defensively) versus CM,  have fast and physical defenses that were not overwhelmed with the speed of CM thus eliminating most big gains/plays.  When CM is forced to sustain  80 yard drives and can't break the big plays they have struggled.   

I would add Chaminade's WR core may be one of, if the the strongest WR core in the state, they are beefed up in the middle on both sides of the ball from 2016 but depth was a clear cut problem there this year against Central, Miramar and AHP.  Outside of Oxbridge there there is no 3A team that may be able to match them in the trenches.  I have heard Berkeley Prep has a few talented big boys in the middle but they would get absolutely obliterated in every other aspect of the game.  I did expect CCC to put up a better fight at Home this past weekend.  I would like to see the highlights and box-score on that one.  If I had to guess, most of CMs scores were INT returns, special teams returns, or 30 yard + offensive gains....

I don't know if this CM team in say 8A playoffs could go 5 straight games to Orlando without getting worn down.....

I do believe 2005 Chaminade-Madonna was a better coached team, however 2016 and 2017 CM are well coached but and appear to be a bit more athletic to me.

Does this Oxbridge Academy team have the ability to slow down CM and contain Shivers which may slow down the bleeding and keep the stable of CM WRS in check?  

Can the Thunderwolves find a way offensively to move the chains, eat clock against this Lions defense that seems to have matured through this season?

Oxbridge Academy has been chasing and waiting for this rematch for a year now !

We are fortunate to get the two best 3A teams playing in Orlando, and you can mark my words that this game is going to get chippy and nasty.  Oxbridge Academy has been chasing and waiting for this rematch for a year now.  Can't wait for this one!

8 hours ago, 181pl said:

Rockledge is a good team. No doubt. On their way back. They played Gibbons very tough and beat Cocoa. But they are what they are. A second round playoff team. 

Rockledge win over Cocoa was a theft by one Rockledge HOMER ref that threw 18 flags.  I would not consider that a win.  There should be a huge asterisk by that game.

7 hours ago, peezy28 said:

You forgot to mention Clearwater beat CCC and they are done (granted it was spring but still). 

If we're going to count games that don't count, then shoot- I'll take Chaminade's varsity team beating Deerfield's varsity team 7-3 in a half of play.  It was a good win for Clearwater- maybe even the high point of the entire year before the wheels fell off and the players were throwing helmets and cursing out coaches (saw it on TV, it was ugly) but let's face reality- the team CCC rolls out on the field in Spring is a shadow of the team they roll out in Fall. This is true for most private school teams.

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I have Chaminade-Madonna as 4 or 5 in Broward County right now.  Chaminade did beat Miramar in Week 2,  14-13.  Both teams improved significantly as the season went on and a week 10 rematch may very well have been a toss up as well IMO.  

I believe STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons would be a very hard matchup for CM particularly at the LOS and in the second half where I could see the CM OL and QB  possibly getting smothered in a hypothetical match...CM however would be good enough to possibly pull a upset if 100% healthy two or three times of ten.  Too many playmakers....

I have looked into  CM's losses over the last 2 years and there are some pretty strong trends:

All of these teams (IMG excluded) are 5A or higher teams.  All of these teams contained or shut down Auburn RB commit Shaun Shivers.  All of these teams pretty much had their way at the LOS (particularly defensively) versus CM,  have fast and physical defenses that were not overwhelmed with the speed of CM thus eliminating most big gains/plays.  When CM is forced to sustain  80 yard drives and can't break the big plays they have struggled.   

I would add Chaminade's WR core may be one of, if the the strongest WR core in the state, they are beefed up in the middle on both sides of the ball from 2016 but depth was a clear cut problem there this year against Central, Miramar and AHP.  Outside of Oxbridge there there is no 3A team that may be able to match them in the trenches.  I have heard Berkeley Prep has a few talented big boys in the middle but they would get absolutely obliterated in every other aspect of the game.  I did expect CCC to put up a better fight at Home this past weekend.  I would like to see the highlights and box-score on that one.  If I had to guess, most of CMs scores were INT returns, special teams returns, or 30 yard + offensive gains....

I don't know if this CM team in say 8A playoffs could go 5 straight games to Orlando without getting worn down.....

I do believe 2005 Chaminade-Madonna was a better coached team, however 2016 and 2017 CM are well coached but and appear to be a bit more athletic to me.

Does this Oxbridge Academy team have the ability to slow down CM and contain Shivers which may slow down the bleeding and keep the stable of CM WRS in check?  

Can the Thunderwolves find a way offensively to move the chains, eat clock against this Lions defense that seems to have matured through this season?

We are fortunate to get the two best 3A teams playing in Orlando, and you can mark my words that this game is going to get chippy and nasty.  Oxbridge Academy has been chasing and waiting for this rematch for a year now.  Can't wait for this one!

Thank you for the insight Broward!  I was at the CCC vs Chaminade game, I sat on the Chaminade side in the first half since their fans arrived early. Very friendly bunch!  

Berkeley Prep has 3 guys that maybe better than Chaminade in the trenches, but as a whole Chaminade is a lot better and as you mentioned Chaminade is better everywhere else across the board.  CCC focused on shutting down Shivers and was successful in the first half, but couldn't stop the passing attack which was very efficient for the Lions.  My prediction for the game was 49-14, this makes 3 out of 4 weeks I've correctly guessed Chaminade's point total.

Chaminade vs Oxbridge is going to be a great one, just stinks it's a 10am game on a Saturday.

5 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Im hoping Oxbridge has its full deck. I'm hearing the issue with those earlier mentioned suspensions are still lingering. 

If we're going to count games that don't count, then shoot- I'll take Chaminade's varsity team beating Deerfield's varsity team 7-3 in a half of play.  It was a good win for Clearwater- maybe even the high point of the entire year before the wheels fell off and the players were throwing helmets and cursing out coaches (saw it on TV, it was ugly) but let's face reality- the team CCC rolls out on the field in Spring is a shadow of the team they roll out in Fall. This is true for most private school teams.

To your point, I think chaminade would beat all of the teams in Pinellas.... Probably pretty bad running clock bad this year.  I don't see that happening with Armwood Tech and Plant... I think they go 1 and 2 or 2-1.  I don't think they beat Armwood this year.

Yeah you saw correctly.  That team feasted on cupcakes and did not know how to handle defeat... They had a serious discipline problem which stemmed from Lemons and Taylor a year ago.  The coach even admitted as such and he said he is taking full blame for letting it go and was going to be fixing that issue ASAP.  The loss to Mitchell was no different... 

I will very likely be coaching there next year... Or wildcard I might see if the door is still open at CCC for me.  Talking to Jeff Smith Sr and Fitz-Henly dad at the TC game they very much thought I could fill a role on that staff.  I had a relationship with Davis and thanks to our pal Kibid and of course me and Bruch go waaaayyy back.  I never met Coach Harvey though so we shall see.  But Clearwater is the same guys I coached with back in 05-09 so who knows.  I don't want to deal with mass discipline issues though.

23 minutes ago, badbird said:

Rockledge was way better at the end of the year than when they played CCC early.  Just pointing it out.  Kind of like Chaminade now from beginning of the year.

They played in week 7, that's not early- that's in the second half of the season after Corbin made the switch to QB. Now, I think it would be more fair to say that the loss to CCC is what catapulted Rockledge into how they finished the season. Plus, the pink elephant in the room is that Rockledge was 100% healthy and CCC lost 2 starting offensive linemen early in the game for the season.  Also, it's telling that CCC asked to go back to Rockledge in 2018 and the Raiders declined.

I would also say the difference is that Rockledge got better during the season; however, Chaminade reinvented themselves when they fired the old OC and the special teams coach started calling plays. It also changed when Shaun Shivers called a closed door seniors only meeting that the team was being selfish.

17 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

To your point, I think chaminade would beat all of the teams in Pinellas.... Probably pretty bad running clock bad this year.  I don't see that happening with Armwood Tech and Plant... I think they go 1 and 2 or 2-1.  I don't think they beat Armwood this year.

Yeah you saw correctly.  That team feasted on cupcakes and did not know how to handle defeat... They had a serious discipline problem which stemmed from Lemons and Taylor a year ago.  The coach even admitted as such and he said he is taking full blame for letting it go and was going to be fixing that issue ASAP.  The loss to Mitchell was no different... 

I will very likely be coaching there next year... Or wildcard I might see if the door is still open at CCC for me.  Talking to Jeff Smith Sr and Fitz-Henly dad at the TC game they very much thought I could fill a role on that staff.  I had a relationship with Davis and thanks to our pal Kibid and of course me and Bruch go waaaayyy back.  I never met Coach Harvey though so we shall see.  But Clearwater is the same guys I coached with back in 05-09 so who knows.  I don't want to deal with mass discipline issues though.

I would love, love, love to see you at CCC next year. They've got a great team coming back and if I understand correctly will be getting a massive influx of  talent coming in. I'm fairly positive that coach Bruch is leaving based on conversation from Mr. Wellman and you may want to check with Kibid, but I think he's taking a job at Bellevue College. He was just out there a few weeks ago for an interview and apartment hunting with his father, also I didn't realize how many people he knew in Bellevue. I'm not sure what their staff situation is like, but as long as Harvey and Davis are there, they'll win 9-10 games a year and be in the final 4. But they both adore Kibid, even Davis's daughter said on FB if Kibid left it would take part of the soul of CCC away.

I like Clearwater High School, I really want them to do well and thought the page was turned in 2016. The talent is there, but there needs to be a lot more discipline. The 2018 Tornado team should actually be quite talented and just needs a few pieces to round the team out.

37 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

They played in week 7, that's not early- that's in the second half of the season after Corbin made the switch to QB. Now, I think it would be more fair to say that the loss to CCC is what catapulted Rockledge into how they finished the season. Plus, the pink elephant in the room is that Rockledge was 100% healthy and CCC lost 2 starting offensive linemen early in the game for the season.  Also, it's telling that CCC asked to go back to Rockledge in 2018 and the Raiders declined.

I would also say the difference is that Rockledge got better during the season; however, Chaminade reinvented themselves when they fired the old OC and the special teams coach started calling plays. It also changed when Shaun Shivers called a closed door seniors only meeting that the team was being selfish.

It was Rockledge's 4th game.  I thought originally it was their second game but I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

It was Rockledge's 4th game.  I thought originally it was their second game but I was wrong. 

Try again.. it was Rockledge's 5th game of the season. Technically 6th game with the KOC. It was also week 7 of the regular season as Rockledge had a normally scheduled bye week even before the hurricane screwed things up.  Now, if you want to get super technical you could say the Yulee game didn't count and if you do nothing more than look at Maxpreps, then sure- that's accurate, but the teams did meet and play an entire half in week 2. It was a blowout in Rockledge's favor, but the 2nd half was never finished.  Also, Rockledge was already battle tested going into the game having played Viera and Osceola.

Overall, the bottom line is this. CCC beat Rockledge. Rockledge declined to return the game in Clearwater. CCC asked for a return game back in Rockledge in 2018, Rockledge declined the return game. End of story..both teams move on.   This thread is not about CCC vs Rockledge, it's a talking point to a much bigger issue regarding Chaminade-Madonna.

:rolleyes: According to maxpreps it was 4.  I did not know they played Yulee for a half.  They lost to Viera, lost to Osceola, beat Mt Dora then lost to CCC.  Here is an aticle from the game that shows they lost to go 1-3.  I said I was wrong.  I thought it was week 2.  That was a good win for CCC.    You brought Rockledge into the conversation.  I thought they played early.  I was wrong.  Did you read I said I was wrong.  I was wrong.  Sorry one can't have a conversation with you.

The Raiders have suffered all three of their losses this season to state-ranked teams. This time, it was the fourth-ranked team in Class 3A.

At McLarty Stadium, Rockledge (1-3) was scoreless in the first half and fell short in its comeback attempt.

The Raiders play Friday in a District 14-5A game at Palm Bay, currently No. 10.

CCC stayed unbeaten through six games and won its 10th consecutive regular-season game.

You're fine Badbird, you're not wrong either. You went by Maxpreps which was wrong since it lists the game as cancelled. I think the result was a cancelled game since the 2nd half was never rescheduled, but Rockledge beat Yulee 26-7 or something like that in one half of football in week 2. The game was at Rockledge. There's highlight video the half took place.

Overall, this thread, while fun has really gotten off course. CCC vs Chaminade is history and there really isn't anything else to say about the game outside of Chaminade won. I think it's time to highlight the two teams remaining and really break down this match-up as it should be the most competitive 3A finals game in years.

You're fine Badbird, you're not wrong either. You went by Maxpreps which was wrong since it lists the game as cancelled. I think the result was a cancelled game since the 2nd half was never rescheduled, but Rockledge beat Yulee 26-7 or something like that in one half of football in week 2. The game was at Rockledge. There's highlight video the half took place.

Overall, this thread, while fun has really gotten off course. CCC vs Chaminade is history and there really isn't anything else to say about the game outside of Chaminade won. I think it's time to highlight the two teams remaining and really break down this match-up as it should be the most competitive 3A finals game in years.

I hope so.  I will be extremely disappointed if not.  I haven't seen either team but both seem elite.  

15 hours ago, cocoacane said:

Rockledge win over Cocoa was a theft by one Rockledge HOMER ref that threw 18 flags.  I would not consider that a win.  There should be a huge asterisk by that game.

Cocoacane, Is it true the Cocoa offensive coordinator had a heart attack before the game and passed away soon after? I looked for an Obit but didn't find one.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Cocoacane, Is it true the Cocoa offensive coordinator had a heart attack before the game and passed away soon after? I looked for an Obit but didn't find one.

He did go into cardiac arrest on the field I believe it was the week of the Rockledge game.  Nice young man (offensive line coach).  The other coaches went right into action and was able to perform CPR and use the AED until paramedics arrived.  I am glad to say that he is alive and back on the field.  Turns out it might be hereditary and something he will have to keep a close eye on.  But thank the Lord he is back and good.  (Good thing he wasn't there for that theft at Rockledge!!!)

39 minutes ago, cocoacane said:

He did go into cardiac arrest on the field I believe it was the week of the Rockledge game.  Nice young man (offensive line coach).  The other coaches went right into action and was able to perform CPR and use the AED until paramedics arrived.  I am glad to say that he is alive and back on the field.  Turns out it might be hereditary and something he will have to keep a close eye on.  But thank the Lord he is back and good.  (Good thing he wasn't there for that theft at Rockledge!!!)

That is good news and even though the young man will likely have to make some life changes, he is fortunate to have made it though that incident...  Hopefully , with  a few adjustments (and perhaps medicine) in life these circumstances can be avoided again.  
Great job with the Cocoa coaching staff and paramedics saving his life.