Bamarod? Viera?

181pl

".... They banned us from setting up cameras in the end zone.....

They had a radio show in our booth set up so our coaches were kicked out on top of the roof by the speakers that were highly amplified with loud music/PA sound. They made no provisions for a box for the visiting coaches like we did for them last year when the game was on TV. We GAVE them our own coaching box.....

...Didn’t like the announcer using artificially amplified noise (through speakers and electricity not the band) during offensive plays which is TOTALLY illegal and the PA was warned twice about it to the point that their head coach pleaded with the PA guy through the headsets to NOT play the gong sound during play. He did it a third time and they flagged him. All he had to do was NOT push that button. He couldn’t do it. And yes it was annoying and illegal. They gave us sh** about setting up HUDL sideline technology—like we were televising the game to the whole country or something illegally. Yet their admin had no problem with their kids prodding our athletes at halftime trying to get to the locker room. That was the worst thing.."

181pl, you are probably wasting your time with this individual. The week of the first playoff game he was bemoaning the fact that in the third round Viera would have to travel to Lakeland since they were, unfairly, not the number 1 seed in the region. He was totally overlooking both his first round opponent and Plant in doing so, by automatically assuming Viera would get to the third round. Now don't get me wrong, Viera is a very good team. But as you and I both know you don't overlook any playoff team, as on any given night ... 

Anyway, the point I am making is that whatever you say will be overlooked because Viera is a victim here and no facts, fake news or real news will negate that fact ... for in his mind, Viera was the best team in 7A and winning the state title was a mere formality ...

I think the best wake up call is losing a game just before the playoffs. You can tell by the scores that Cocoa had a reality check when Rockledge beat them. I assume University will be gunning for Cocoa this week and it should be a great game.

Viera is on the right track. They worked hard over the summer and next year they should be a little better than this year. I'm worried that they will take the #1 spot in Brevard next year even  though Cocoa will have a very good team again.

Also, watch out for Rockledge, they tasted the honey.

3 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I think the best wake up call is losing a game just before the playoffs. You can tell by the scores that Cocoa had a reality check when Rockledge beat them. I assume University will be gunning for Cocoa this week and it should be a great game.

Viera is on the right track. They worked hard over the summer and next year they should be a little better than this year. I'm worried that they will take the #1 spot in Brevard next year even  though Cocoa will have a very good team again.

Also, watch out for Rockledge, they tasted the honey.

Vieia looses quite a bit of talent but their JV team was pretty impressive.

That will take time to mature though on the varsity level.

Do not see anyone leapfrogging Cocoa.  Cocoa brings alot of talent back along with strong JV players also add in the transfers.

56 minutes ago, cocoacane said:

Vieia looses quite a bit of talent but their JV team was pretty impressive.

That will take time to mature though on the varsity level.

Do not see anyone leapfrogging Cocoa.  Cocoa brings alot of talent back along with strong JV players also add in the transfers.

Still have to be careful of the Brevard teams gunning for Cocoa now that they know they can be taken down.