Class 3A- Final 4

SPCjessica2004

And then there were 4... the final 4. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far. In Class 1A-4A if you're a Final 4 team, you're officially a "State" team. Many teams started the season with high aspirations; however, these are the 4 top teams. The next question is- who advances to play for the State Championship in 2 weeks?  Let's look..

Clearwater Central Catholic (11-0) vs Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna Prep (9-2)

Maxpreps has Chaminade-Madonna ranked #13 and Clearwater Central Catholic #34 in the state of Florida.

The Storyline:

When the season started Chaminade-Madonna was expected to be not only a top 3-5 team in Florida, but a top 25 team in America. The expectations were probably a bit to much for the Lions program as they were smashed by both Miami Central and American Heritage (Plantation); however, then something happened. The team put selfishness and pettiness aside and started to buy into the system that Coach Daemon Jones was promoting. It worked and the proof was in the pudding after effectively ending Miami Booker T. Washington's season 35-21. The Lions haven't given up a single point this post-season and more impressive have rarely had to use their starters in the second half.  Coach Jones has preached that the early season struggles would lead to end of season success.

While the expectations were high for Chaminade-Madonna, the opposite is true for CCC. The Marauders were upset in 9 overtimes in the 2016 regional final by Melbourne Central Catholic. The Marauders then graduated a ridiculous 9 division 1 athletes and followed that up with 8 underclassmen who transferred to rival schools. After a 21-14 loss to Clearwater High School in Spring even more players transferred out and it looked like the program may finally give up it's crown as a top football program to cross town rival Calvary Christian who benefited from the CCC defections.  CCC started the season strong with wins over Berkeley Prep and Tampa Catholic; however, when the Marauders went to Rockledge and won 21-13 they began to turn heads.

The Prediction:

For Chaminade, this season is very simple. State Championship or bust. This is one of the most stacked rosters in recent memory for any high school in Florida.  For CCC the season is already a resounding success regardless of the result on Friday. The goal was to stabilize the program, finish with a winning record, make the playoffs and put up a fight against Calvary Christian and Tampa Catholic. CCC beat both teams twice and in the process should have a very impressive 2018 due to the fruit of their labor, but 2017 is the year of the Lion. Chaminade won't play around with CCC nor should they, this one will be over by the end of the 1st quarter. I'm going 28-0 at the end of 1, 42-0 at the end of 2.

Chaminade-Madonna 45, CCC 7

Oxbridge Academy (9-1) vs Florida State University High School (7-5)

Maxpreps has Oxbridge ranked # 15 and Florida State University High School #113 in Florida

The Thunderwolves of Oxbridge Academy have enjoyed resounding success in 2017 and should expect more as they march toward Orlando. Florida High (AKA FSU School) has overachieved pulling upsets against Ft. White and Taylor County (Perry). Oxbridge started the season with a respectable loss to PA powerhouse Archbishop Wood and has followed that up with a string of impressive blowout victories. 

Oxbridge is coming off a resounding win against a team some (myself included) felt could give them a game or upset them in Melbourne Central Catholic. The Oxbridge defense which has been spectacular all season surrended only 7 points against an electric MCC offense. In face, the Thunderwolves have 4 shutouts and 3 games of only giving up 7 points. More amazing is that the most points Oxbridge has given up all year is 14 points against the PA team.

The Prediction:

On paper, it's hard to find this one being close at all. Like the game listed above, this should be over by the end of the 1st quarter; however, I do remember a wise man once telling me that if you're a high school football team in Florida and you're playing a game after Thanksgiving you can't complain about your season since it has been pretty good. FSU School has had a good season and the fans will have reason to celebrate their team, but Oxbridge is having a great season with a chance to have a special season.

Oxbridge 55, FSU School 7

Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!