Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

1 hour ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Yes, I know I'm "gone" for the offseason- but I'll still post about transfers when I hear about them or they're brought up to me.  One of the bigger ones in the Tampa private school area is that Steven Sargeant TC OL Co 19 has transferred to Tampa Plant according to this twitter page.  That's a big loss for Tampa Catholic if that turns out to be accurate which it was hinted at a few weeks ago..

image.png.3a0a7d9fc923584720d7c553e3e207e5.png

DISCLAIMER - I don't know the first thing about this kid or his life circumstances, so forgive me if I sound a bit critical without having all of the facts.  And, I am making a big assumption here that indeed he is transferring.  I cannot see someone accidentally typing in "Plant High School" by mistake, though.

As we all know, we are increasingly judged by what the world sees on the internet.  So, let's just look at it from that perspective.  I clicked on his twitter page and front and center, this young man is advertising highlights from his sophomore season at Tampa Robinson.  He has a picture of himself in a Tampa Catholic jersey at the top.  And, off to the left, you see what Jessica has posted.

Is it just me, or is something wrong with this picture?  How many of us adults would be so blatant about advertising our job hopping on our social media sites?  The football season is barely over and someone is announcing to the world he is transferring, like a senior who has just gotten an offer from an NCAA school or a college athlete drafted by a pro team?  If this is all true, I certainly hope this young man makes the pros or changes his ways.  No HR recruiter in the professional world will touch someone who so blatantly job hops, or, in this case, school hops. 

It might be "cool" to flaunt one's rock star status in the sports world, but it is NOT cool in the business world.  Sorry to sound preachy, but the high school football world is becoming less and less like real life.  I really worry these kids grow up thinking certain things are "normal," and then the harsh reality sets in.  Companies are becoming increasingly sensitive to what they see on social media sites, and most larger companies now ARE looking...AND making judgments based on what they see.

Anyone who knows Tampa knows those schools are all relatively close to each other, raising the ...hmmmm factor.   It is this kind of stuff that makes at least one coach I know of outside Florida think we allow recruiting in Florida.  Who wouldn't when seeing this kind of stuff.  These kids behave like free agents.  As I have mentioned in other posts, it is not just kids leaving the public schools to go to the private school powers.  It's working in both directions.   

American Heritage (Athlete) John Dunmore Transfers to Hollywood Chaminade (20 Plus Offers) 

Atlantic (Delray) High School (WR) Aydin Henningham Transfers to Deerfield (10 Plus Offers)

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/12/21/football-american-heritage-receiver-john-dunmore-announces-transfer-to-hollywood-chaminade/

I see more movement happening soon from both programs over the winter break

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

DISCLAIMER - I don't know the first thing about this kid or his life circumstances, so forgive me if I sound a bit critical without having all of the facts.  And, I am making a big assumption here that indeed he is transferring.  I cannot see someone accidentally typing in "Plant High School" by mistake, though.

As we all know, we are increasingly judged by what the world sees on the internet.  So, let's just look at it from that perspective.  I clicked on his twitter page and front and center, this young man is advertising highlights from his sophomore season at Tampa Robinson.  He has a picture of himself in a Tampa Catholic jersey at the top.  And, off to the left, you see what Jessica has posted.

Is it just me, or is something wrong with this picture?  How many of us adults would be so blatant about advertising our job hopping on our social media sites?  The football season is barely over and someone is announcing to the world he is transferring, like a senior who has just gotten an offer from an NCAA school or a college athlete drafted by a pro team?  If this is all true, I certainly hope this young man makes the pros or changes his ways.  No HR recruiter in the professional world will touch someone who so blatantly job hops, or, in this case, school hops. 

It might be "cool" to flaunt one's rock star status in the sports world, but it is NOT cool in the business world.  Sorry to sound preachy, but the high school football world is becoming less and less like real life.  I really worry these kids grow up thinking certain things are "normal," and then the harsh reality sets in.  Companies are becoming increasingly sensitive to what they see on social media sites, and most larger companies now ARE looking...AND making judgments based on what they see.

Anyone who knows Tampa knows those schools are all relatively close to each other, raising the ...hmmmm factor.   It is this kind of stuff that makes at least one coach I know of outside Florida think we allow recruiting in Florida.  Who wouldn't when seeing this kind of stuff.  These kids behave like free agents.  As I have mentioned in other posts, it is not just kids leaving the public schools to go to the private school powers.  It's working in both directions.   

Yes, he was supposed to be starter at Robinson this year. He was in IB. However, his younger brother ended up at T.C. (don't know why, maybe he didn't get into IB), and as such, he transferred there so they could attend the same school. After the TC football season ended, they both transferred to Plant. So 3 schools for the kid in one calendar year. However, he obviously didn't play at Plant, as he transferred after TC's season ended. 

19 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

American Heritage (Athlete) John Dunmore Transfers to Hollywood Chaminade (20 Plus Offers) 

Atlantic (Delray) High School (WR) Aydin Henningham Transfers to Deerfield (10 Plus Offers)

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/12/21/football-american-heritage-receiver-john-dunmore-announces-transfer-to-hollywood-chaminade/

I see more movement happening soon from both programs over the winter break

More movement as in players leaving the Delray schools or transferring in?

1 minute ago, Mashburns said:

Both but more on the end of leaving the delray schools usually when 4 or 5 star caliber players leave the program more follow behind them which makes it tougher for others to go there

Dang. I thought Atlantic's success would hold kids there. I know there are some assistant Coaching changes going on at Heritage. Maybe that contributed. 

That could be the reason for the Heritage program but that program don't hold the same attraction it once did for kids in Palm Beach County but they usually do good in Broward and Dade of getting kids to come but when a kid like the J.D leaves coming from down south it sends a message that is not good for that program. Atlantic had so man seniors on that team which majority of them came in from other programs to form a pretty good team this year but I think those kids that are left there looking around seeing there not much left there so they deciding to go else where but Atlantic do hold some attraction in the local delray area so kids may leave AHD and go there to try to get back to Orlando

That could be the reason for the Heritage program but that program don't hold the same attraction it once did for kids in Palm Beach County but they usually do good in Broward and Dade of getting kids to come but when a kid like the J.D leaves coming from down south it sends a message that is not good for that program. Atlantic had so man seniors on that team which majority of them came in from other programs to form a pretty good team this year but I think those kids that are left there looking around seeing there not much left there so they deciding to go else where but Atlantic do hold some attraction in the local delray area so kids may leave AHD and go there to try to get back to Orlando

Season is barely over and already a lot of Coaching and Player movement. I guess this is what the world has come to. 

2 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Season is barely over and already a lot of Coaching and Player movement. I guess this is what the world has come to. 

It sucks but this the generation or climate of high school sports today. Really look at the examples they have in front of them, college football this year over 5 or 6 coaches left their programs to join another one which they feel is better I'm guessing. But when kids leave programs to join another they get rewarded so that sends the wrong message that the grass is greener. The Aydin kid that left Atlantic and transferred to Deerfield Beach got offered by Ohio State the very next day so whats that saying to the other kids that are trying to be loyal to their program? C.M last season had 10 plus transfers and won state with that team. Saint Thomas has 10 plus every year and are ranked in the country and playing games far as Las Vegas, so I think it's plenty of variables that contribute to what we see going on now in High School football. 

It sucks but this the generation or climate of high school sports today. Really look at the examples they have in front of them, college football this year over 5 or 6 coaches left their programs to join another one which they feel is better I'm guessing. But when kids leave programs to join another they get rewarded so that sends the wrong message that the grass is greener. The Aydin kid that left Atlantic and transferred to Deerfield Beach got offered by Ohio State the very next day so whats that saying to the other kids that are trying to be loyal to their program? C.M last season had 10 plus transfers and won state with that team. Saint Thomas has 10 plus every year and are ranked in the country and playing games far as Las Vegas, so I think it's plenty of variables that contribute to what we see going on now in High School football. 

Very true.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mashburns said:

And then you have teams like Deerfield Beach that get way more transfers then any of the teams listed, who are traditional first and second round type teams.

1 hour ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

And then you have teams like Deerfield Beach that get way more transfers then any of the teams listed, who are traditional first and second round type teams.

If they had the right staff, they would probably win a number of state titles given their success in the talent wars.

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

If they had the right staff, they would probably win a number of state titles given their success in the talent wars.

DFB is already set at QB with Piper transfer D. King coming in.  They also have two WRs and a RB , all 2020 players with Ohio State offers.   We are only in December, so I expect DFB to continue to add to that.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:25 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

I expect Dwyer to get a few in this year in PB County.

Maybe a few, but the attraction to Dwyer is not as hot anymore. Especially with Oxbridge being right down the road. Also, Gardens has been pulling more in than Dwyer lately. Benjamin is also near Dwyer, but the talk is the Elam kid is heading to Oxbridge.