Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

2019 DT,G Yousef Abu has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/v/28N35C

2020 LB Marc Christie has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/v/28Db3V

2019 DE Thomas Armstrong has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6577198/5a12f845b53e560a40947d86

West Broward won their 7A District last year and the program had been making progress.  Losing these 3 impact players is a huge blow to the Bobcats but will solidify Chaminade-Madonna's 2018 team.

6 hours ago, FloTech said:

You forgot about 2013 we gave up 34 to Manatee too

30 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

2019 DT,G Yousef Abu has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/v/28N35

2020 LB Marc Christie has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/v/28Db3V

2019 DE Thomas Armstrong has transferred from West Broward to Chaminade-Madonna

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6577198/5a12f845b53e560a40947d86

West Broward won their 7A District last year and the program had been making progress.  Losing these 3 impact players is a huge blow to the Bobcats but will solidify Chaminade-Madonna's 2018 team.

What a shame.  Feel badly for the coach.  Looks like Abu and Armstrong have been with West Broward for three years and are leaving for their senior years.    

Abu is listed at 5"11, 235, and Armstrong at 6'3", 210...both as lineman.  Makes me wonder how they fit in at Chaminade with those measurements.  No way they gonna play line unless Chaminade is desperate, and don't think they are.  

Chrisite transferring makes more sense to me.  Read he is a rising star and by his senior year could get some major recognition at Chaminade.

41 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

What a shame.  Feel badly for the coach.  Looks like Abu and Armstrong have been with West Broward for three years and are leaving for their senior years.    

Abu is listed at 5"11, 235, and Armstrong at 6'3", 210...both as lineman.  Makes me wonder how they fit in at Chaminade with those measurements.  No way they gonna play line unless Chaminade is desperate, and don't think they are.  

Chrisite transferring makes more sense to me.  Read he is a rising star and by his senior year could get some major recognition at Chaminade.

Based on what I have seen with the physicality of Abu in hudl film he looks to perhaps have the ability to be a nice DL as well(IMO).   5'11, 235 of aggression in 3A on the DL should do just fine IMO.  I have seen 6, 7 and 8A DLs averaging about 220 across wreck absolute havoc. 

Armstrong as a DE is a lanky 6'3" , 210 but will probably put on some weight.  Watch his hudl and you will see he has a pretty good instinct for the ball and finds his way around and through OLs .  Could perhaps be used at LB as well. Remember in a 4-3  defensive sets (4-3 Under) the weak side DE is basically a hybrid LB.

For what it is worth CM used  Zachary Dixon (6'2, 205)

hhttps://www.hudl.com/profile/5645840/Zachary-Dixon-Jr

and Zeke Alexander (6'3, 205 )

as intricate part of the Defense last year. 

Dixon was basically a DE/LB hybrid and extremely effective. I believe he had 2 sacks at States.

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Based on what I have seen with the physicality of Abu in hudl film he looks to perhaps have the ability to be a nice DL as well(IMO).   5'11, 235 of aggression in 3A on the DL should do just fine IMO.  I have seen 6, 7 and 8A DLs averaging about 220 across wreck absolute havoc. 

Armstrong as a DE is a lanky 6'3" , 210 but will probably put on some weight.  Watch his hudl and you will see he has a pretty good instinct for the ball and finds his way around and through OLs .  Could perhaps be used at LB as well. Remember in a 4-3  defensive sets (4-3 Under) the weak side DE is basically a hybrid LB.

For what it is worth CM used  Zachary Dixon (6'2, 205)

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/5645840/59c71032bd6aee218834ea84

and Zeke Alexander (6'3, 205 )

as intricate part of the Defense last year. 

Dixon was basically a DE/LB hybrid and extremely effective. I believe he had 2 sacks at States.

Agree with bolded comment above..can be done.  Last year, Chaminade's D-line was biggest I have ever seen them have...6'3" 285, 6''0 280, 6'4 250, 6'3 205 and 6'5" 230.  Seems like anyone under 6'0" now might be perceived by some as a step backward.  Am not saying that is a correct and/or fair outlook, but it seems to be the trend today.  Only a small percentage of 3-5 star LB's in the country last year were under 6'.  With Chaminade's reputation, I don't think they have to "settle." 

Zeke Alexander was an athletic freak and very underrated player.  I think his freakiness was the only way he made it at DE at 205 lbs.  For a sub-6 footer to start on D-line for a team like Chaminade, I think he has to be a freak, and if Abu was a freak I think he would already have offers.  Hey, I hope for the kid's sake I am wrong and he is a big success.  

This is going to sound terrible, but I cannot see a lanky white boy with average speed starting on D for Chaminade at any position.  If I am not mistaken, there were only 2 white kids who saw regular playing time at Chaminade last season..the qb and a wide receiver.  

10 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Agree with bolded comment above..can be done.  Last year, Chaminade's D-line was biggest I have ever seen them have...6'3" 285, 6''0 280, 6'4 250, 6'3 205 and 6'5" 230.  Seems like anyone under 6'0" now might be perceived by some as a step backward.  Am not saying that is a correct and/or fair outlook, but it seems to be the trend today.  Only a small percentage of 3-5 star LB's in the country last year were under 6'.  With Chaminade's reputation, I don't think they have to "settle." 

Zeke Alexander was an athletic freak and very underrated player.  I think his freakiness was the only way he made it at DE at 205 lbs.  For a sub-6 footer to start on D-line for a team like Chaminade, I think he has to be a freak, and if Abu was a freak I think he would already have offers.  Hey, I hope for the kid's sake I am wrong and he is a big success.  

This is going to sound terrible, but I cannot see a lanky white boy with average speed starting on D for Chaminade at any position.  If I am not mistaken, there were only 2 white kids who saw regular playing time at Chaminade last season..the qb and a wide receiver.  

We'll see what happens....When a team only has 35 rostered players you will probably get some PT eventually I guess..

2 of the best DEs (or even Defensive players) to come out of SFL of late are white. They are freaks.  I' could  show you several white LBs  from the last few years that you probably never heard of that would start for CM for fun.

Here is one .  6'3" 230...

Don't get fooled by the choir boy look and Christian school. Check out his offers and hudl (just watch please)..The kid is a beast that you may never have heard of from the 2016 class:.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Diego-Fagot-92437/RecruitInterests

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2836841/582802234ba87714a8658aa4

I watched the film on the Western DE.  I don't see him being a star or stud but I simply think he has a decent  instinct for the game.  I'd take on my team regardless if he is white, black or green.

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

We'll see what happens....When a team only has 35 rostered players you will probably get some PT eventually I guess..

2 of the best DEs (or even Defensive players) to come out of SFL of late are white. They are freaks.  I' could  show you several white LBs  from the last few years that you probably never heard of that would start for CM for fun.

Here is one .  6'3" 230...

Don't get fooled by the choir boy look and Christian school. Check out his offers and hudl (just watch please)..The kid is a beast that you may never have heard of from the 2016 class:.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Diego-Fagot-92437/RecruitInterests

I watched the film on the Western DE.  I don't see him being a star or stud but I simply think he has a decent  instinct for the game.  I'd take on my team regardless if he is white, black or green.

just to be clear...NOTHING against white kids:) and there are plenty with great talent.  I was talking about the specific kid from West Broward, who has a rather slight build(for a defensive lineman) with speed that is rather average.  Let's be honest...you don't see too many kids fitting that description starting as linemen on nationally ranked hs teams nowadays, regardless of race.   

Actually, I had seen the young man above(Diego) and he was very impressive.  His build is completely different, though, and more along the lines of what we see today from 3-5 star lb recruits.    

Check out the demographics below for Chaminade.  Based on these numbers, they have about 320 males and about 40 are black.  About half of the black males at the school were starters on the football team.  Of the remaining 280 males, I believe only 1 was a true starter(the qb).  That is less than 0.5%.  ...pretty astounding difference, huh?   

https://www.niche.com/k12/chaminade-madonna-college-preparatory-school-hollywood-fl/students/

I am sure they have some talented white/latino kids amongst the 280, but for whatever reason they are not starting.  My guess is that Chaminade favors overall speed/athleticism over certain other traits.  ...kinda like the U of old.  It seems to be tougher for white kids to make the cut on what I would call "finesse" teams.  Same reason we don't see that many white, 4-star DB's.  Don't mean any of this to sound negative about Chaminade or white kids, either...not my intent...just observations.      

49 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

just to be clear...NOTHING against white kids:) and there are plenty with great talent.  I was talking about the specific kid from West Broward, who has a rather slight build(for a defensive lineman) with speed that is rather average.  Let's be honest...you don't see too many kids fitting that description starting as linemen on nationally ranked hs teams nowadays, regardless of race.   

Actually, I had seen the young man above(Diego) and he was very impressive.  His build is completely different, though, and more along the lines of what we see today from 3-5 star lb recruits.    

Check out the demographics below for Chaminade.  Based on these numbers, they have about 320 males and about 40 are black.  About half of the black males at the school were starters on the football team.  Of the remaining 280 males, I believe only 1 was a true starter(the qb).  That is less than 0.5%.  ...pretty astounding difference, huh?   

https://www.niche.com/k12/chaminade-madonna-college-preparatory-school-hollywood-fl/students/

I am sure they have some talented white/latino kids amongst the 280, but for whatever reason they are not starting.  My guess is that Chaminade favors overall speed/athleticism over certain other traits.  ...kinda like the U of old.  It seems to be tougher for white kids to make the cut on what I would call "finesse" teams.  Same reason we don't see that many white, 4-star DB's.  Don't mean any of this to sound negative about Chaminade or white kids, either...not my intent...just observations.      

Fair enough but in general would you agree that when you think the top DLs and LBs in SFL in recent years that Chaminade-Madonna does not come to mind overall?

I'm trying to stay on point to what I sense of CM's high standards at DL and LBs .  Would you agree that over the last say 5 years when you think of CM football you don't necessarily think of their DL and LBs?  

In recent years the first thing that comes to mind to me when I think of CM is the WR core and of course RB Shaun Shivers. I don't know what the CM standard at DL and LB but the top LBs and and DLs of late do not generally gravitate to CM.  In no specific order over the last say 5 years and consistency I think of 6A-16, STA, DFB, Southridge, AHP, Flanagan (through 2106) with perhaps a bit Cardinal Gibbons, Columbus, Miramar , South Dade, Coral Gables, as having the best DLs and LBs in the area.  I then gravitate to the next tier where I would probably rate CM in recent years...Regardless of ethnicity, I think most would agree that CMs Achilles heel the last few years has been the DL and LBs.  Would you agree?

As good and as "big" as CM's DL and LBs were last year,  do you think it was much (if any) better then say Western's DL and LBs?

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Fair enough but in general would you agree that when you think the top DLs and LBs in SFL in recent years that Chaminade-Madonna does not come to mind overall?

I'm trying to stay on point to what I sense of CM's high standards at DL and LBs .  Would you agree that over the last say 5 years when you think of CM football you don't necessarily think of their DL and LBs?  

In recent years the first thing that comes to mind to me when I think of CM is the WR core and of course RB Shaun Shivers. I don't know what the CM standard at DL and LB but the top LBs and and DLs of late do not generally gravitate to CM.  In no specific order over the last say 5 years and consistency I think of 6A-16, STA, DFB, Southridge, AHP, Flanagan (through 2106) with perhaps a bit Cardinal Gibbons, Columbus, Miramar , South Dade, Coral Gables, as having the best DLs and LBs in the area.  I then gravitate to the next tier where I would probably rate CM in recent years...Regardless of ethnicity, I think most would agree that CMs Achilles heel the last few years has been the DL and LBs.  Would you agree?

As good and as "big" as CM's DL and LBs were last year,  do you think it was much (if any) better then say Western's DL and LBs?

Bigger is definitely not always better.  But look at the list of top 150 inside lb's this year...only 9 less than 6' and only 2 less than 5'10".  I bet there are a BUNCH of really good 5'9" lb's out there, but with the outrageous sizes of kids today, most kids just cannot compete at an elite level unless they have a certain amount of height/bulk..or at least that is the perception.  If they could, I think we would see a lot more than two "short" kids on the list.  ...just being realistic.  The trend amongst many coaches/recruiters is "bigger is better," so a kid not fitting the "ideal" is going to have to be pretty freaky to stand out.   

As far as I am concerned, Chaminade is known for nothing position-wise.  Yes they had some good wr's the past couple of years, but that is not nearly long enough for me to say "Chaminade puts out good wr's."  ...or any other position for that matter.  Over the past 40 or so years, except under Guandolo's reign, they were fair to poor...not exactly a legacy and not long enough to build up a reputation as a factory for ____(fill in the position).

...not picking on CM...the same can be said for a number of schools.  As you know, there are only a handful of teams in south FL who can claim they have been legitimate state contenders year-in and year-out over the past 20 years.  I am afraid with all of the hopping on going around today it is going to be harder for most schools to build reputations for producing high-level players at specific positions.  Kids are just too fickle.  XYZ hs may be well known for lb's, but I think the 3-star lb will pick this year's high-fashion team to go to over them if he thinks the latter has a better shot at winning a title and/or getting him national exposure.

And if there is a good position coach today, chances are he will be gone in a few years, making it even more difficult for a school to build a legacy at certain positions.   

In recent years, I find myself thinking more in terms of certain schools as producing good athletes versus players at specific positions.  Hate to say it, but I think a number of kids excelling at certain positions in recent years are doing so because of raw talent, and not so much because they go to XYZ school and study under a certain position coach.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:56 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

2019 QB Hayden Wolff transfers from Lemon Bay to Venice (March 12th, 2018)

2019 QB Trevor Hedges transfers from Venice to Lemon Bay (March 15th, 2018)

Yes. You read that correct.

Looks like someone walked in the cafeteria and was like, “what are you doing here? (Texts Dad) Dad I think I should go to Lemon Bay.”

On 3/23/2018 at 9:26 AM, BrowardHandicapper said:

So it sounds like the struggle continues for Boynton Beach.  What is the outlook of BB football at this point for 2018? 

It seems as if the program is in a serious rut.

With the recent success of Atlantic and the job that staff is doing kids are joining that program at a pace that has never been seen in this county and that includes Dwyer and Oxbridge. Atlantic in the past two seasons has pulled multiple players from Oxbridge, Dwyer, a boat load from Boynton, Vista, Santalucies, Village, American Heritage, Spanish River, Boca, and Heights. This team which many agree will be better than the 2016 and 2017 teams they are building something crazy in Delray

1 hour ago, Mashburns said:

With the recent success of Atlantic and the job that staff is doing kids are joining that program at a pace that has never been seen in this county and that includes Dwyer and Oxbridge. Atlantic in the past two seasons has pulled multiple players from Oxbridge, Dwyer, a boat load from Boynton, Vista, Santalucies, Village, American Heritage, Spanish River, Boca, and Heights. This team which many agree will be better than the 2016 and 2017 teams they are building something crazy in Delray

You think they beat PB Central this year

22 hours ago, FloTech said:

You think they beat PB Central this year

That will be a tough one because I thought Atlantic was the better team last season when they played Central and that one came down to the wire probably one of the top games I attended last season with all the talent on both sides. I will give Atlantic the knob this up coming season but that can change after spring Central will be very good again this season so I can see this one going either way but it should be another good one but right now I'm going with Atlantic in a close one 

12 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Trying to confirm if Dwyer got a transfer (DB) from another school in the district......

Wouldn't be surprise with the Franklin kid because the brother left last month and went over to Dwyer and i can't see the parents leaving one son at Lakes and the other at Dwyer. So it was a matter of time before the other kid left. 

23 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

That will be a tough one because I thought Atlantic was the better team last season when they played Central and that one came down to the wire probably one of the top games I attended last season with all the talent on both sides. I will give Atlantic the knob this up coming season but that can change after spring Central will be very good again this season so I can see this one going either way but it should be another good one but right now I'm going with Atlantic in a close one 

U coming out to the jamboree