Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

47 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Charlie Dean, last years Tampa Catholic QB who is committed to UCF and transferred to Plant after the season has transferred again. He's now at Hillsborough HS per Bob Putnam.

So, he already has his college ride and he's at 3 schools within 12 months.  I should know better, but my curiosity is getting the best of me to understand this rationale.   

I was just chatting with the HR Director of a huge employer up north.   Despite offering outstanding pay and benefits, they are struggling to get younger people to sign up and stay for a while.  It is so problematic, they are considering moving the plant overseas.  This is a problem I am hearing from numerous major corporations.  I wonder why:rolleyes:  I guess the grass is always greener.

4 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Charlie Dean, last years Tampa Catholic QB who is committed to UCF and transferred to Plant after the season has transferred again. He's now at Hillsborough HS per Bob Putnam.

Hillsborough has an IB program that he might be interested in. If he already has offers he doesn't need to be on a specific team to get looks. Hillsborough is in a very bad area of Tampa so it's possible he is going there for something not offered at Plant. And Plant is a much better academic school so I would strongly guess it's the IB program that Plant doesn't have. 

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Hillsborough has an IB program that he might be interested in. If he already has offers he doesn't need to be on a specific team to get looks. Hillsborough is in a very bad area of Tampa so it's possible he is going there for something not offered at Plant. And Plant is a much better academic school so I would strongly guess it's the IB program that Plant doesn't have. 

I can imagine a scenario of a kid transferring out of Plant when this kid transferred in and now the first kid transfers back to Plant or just sucks it up and stays put.  

We talk about not wanting to hinder a kid's opportunities by restricting his transfer ability,  but how about the kid wanting to stay put and grow in a system who gets screwed over by these kids who want to play musical chairs?  It must be so difficult to plan and that must cause stress.  

How would some of us feel trying to plan a career at a company knowing they are constantly bringing in people who could replace us or cause us to lose a promotion.  

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I can imagine a scenario of a kid transferring out of Plant when this kid transferred in and now the first kid transfers back to Plant or just sucks it up and stays put.  

We talk about not wanting to hinder a kid's opportunities by restricting his transfer ability,  but how about the kid wanting to stay put and grow in a system who gets screwed over by these kids who want to play musical chairs?  It must be so difficult to plan and that must cause stress.  

How would some of us feel trying to plan a career at a company knowing they are constantly bringing in people who could replace us or cause us to lose a promotion.  

Solution 

Beat the mercenary out

Just because a kid is a transfer don't mean he's better than everybody at the same position 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Solution 

Beat the mercenary out

Just because a kid is a transfer don't mean he's better than everybody at the same position 

In today's world, I hardly think a kid at that level is going to be transferring unless he has a high level of certainty he will be starting, regardless of who else is competing for the job.    

Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

In today's world, I hardly think a kid at that level is going to be transferring unless he has a high level of certainty he will be starting, regardless of who else is competing for the job.    

Or maybe the kid just has a high ego and thinks his previous team is holding him back and he will start as soon as he shows up without thinking for a second that they knew what they were doing and the kid just isn't good enough to start

Seen it before where a kid will transfer thinking they will be a starter and can't win the job at next school 

Nothing is guaranteed but if the kid actually fights to protect his spot then he can,  but yes if he just assumes he already lost the job then yes he will get beat out by a transfer 

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Quite a few from my count have left

I don't think they got any in so they probably gonna be weaker than last year 

The SB roster was arguably never as strong as last year in the first place. But surely never a good sign when your Senior QB and best player is bailing on you for McArthur...

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

The SB roster was arguably never as strong as last year in the first place. But surely never a good sign when your Senior QB and best player is bailing on you for McArthur...

That won't make nolebull happy lol

South Broward supposed to be playing oos this year 

8 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

It's interesting that the same day that Charlie Dean transfers into Hillsborough that that Hillsborough QB Tyler Thomas transfers to Jefferson per Putnam.  Now, I think Jefferson has the makings of a good team with some of the TC transfers, especially at WR.

I think it's more of a pride thing. The young man is already committed to UCF- had he stayed at Plant he would have been the back-up. Hard to imagine a kid today being a commit to a hot college program while being a backup in HS.  He'll clearly be the man at Hillsborough now that there's no competition for him to beat out, although I can't speak for how Hillsborough is looking this year they strike me as a solid team year in and year out.

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That won't make nolebull happy lol

South Broward supposed to be playing oos this year 

Well, not sure what will happen with that OOS game but at the present state of SB and looking at their regular season schedule I would probably see SB winning one game.  Not going to be a fun ride driving back from Lakeland on 10/18.

I notice South Broward was invited back to Lakeland but Carol City was not.  

Actually COOPER City was also invited back to Lakeland.

20180609_071045.png.c42cf61c85d6e237ed6a1a8d0875ddf2.png20180609_071008.png.88f4c6b7ce922a94f2bf40da63abac3d.png

Palm Beach Gardens has been hit hard this off season seem like their best prospect has left for Dwyer which is loaded this season and to add Oxbridge Academy offensive lineman has hinted he made be joining him time will tell there but the Gardens program has been taking hits this off season

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Par for the course with all these players leaving South Broward. Florida teams will be underdogs in about 75 percent of all the oos games this year. At least 

What you expect 

These top teams oos have to protect their reputation and to the boosters beating South Broward is the same to them as beating sta or img

Very few states could compete with the talent of FL and they know it

On 6/8/2018 at 12:44 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

On 6/8/2018 at 9:11 AM, SPCjessica2004 said:

It's interesting that the same day that Charlie Dean transfers into Hillsborough that that Hillsborough QB Tyler Thomas transfers to Jefferson per Putnam.  Now, I think Jefferson has the makings of a good team with some of the TC transfers, especially at WR.

I think it's more of a pride thing. The young man is already committed to UCF- had he stayed at Plant he would have been the back-up. Hard to imagine a kid today being a commit to a hot college program while being a backup in HS.  He'll clearly be the man at Hillsborough now that there's no competition for him to beat out, although I can't speak for how Hillsborough is looking this year they strike me as a solid team year in and year out.

Hey Jessica, Look what I wrote hours before you posted this.  :rolleyes:  So we worry about the fairness of placing restrictions on transferring because it might hinder a student/athlete's ability to advance himself.  Bet the kid who transferred out of Hillsborough felt his "rights" were imposed upon at some point.  ...enough so he transferred.  It looks like he has played for Hillsborough at least the last couple of years.

Imagine if students were getting displaced from AP classes when "smarter" kids transferred in.  Can you imagine the outrage?    

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What you expect 

These top teams oos have to protect their reputation and to the boosters beating South Broward is the same to them as beating sta or img

Very few states could compete with the talent of FL and they know it

The team South Broward is playing is not a top team or anywhere near it.

Huge transfer for CCC..

Makkah Jordan transferred from Calvary Christian to CCC.

By all accounts he was expected to be one of the key cogs for the Warriors this year and probably "the man" next year after Jordan Maynard graduated. This one hurts them, but it's a huge pickup for CCC.  I'm hearing rumors of some other key members of Calvary jumping to CCC as well, I'll see if anything turns up.

UPDATE:

Melvin Jordan IV also transferred to CCC from Calvary Christian.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:00 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Hey Jessica, Look what I wrote hours before you posted this.  :rolleyes:  So we worry about the fairness of placing restrictions on transferring because it might hinder a student/athlete's ability to advance himself.  Bet the kid who transferred out of Hillsborough felt his "rights" were imposed upon at some point.  ...enough so he transferred.  It looks like he has played for Hillsborough at least the last couple of years.

Imagine if students were getting displaced from AP classes when "smarter" kids transferred in.  Can you imagine the outrage?    

OldSchoolLion,

You're 100% correct and if we applied the same metric to academic students it would be interesting.  When I look at this situation the QB was probably best off staying at Tampa Catholic.  It's sad that stories like this pop up every day it seems, I could only imagine what goes unreported.