Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

8 hours ago, DB4 said:

2019 WR Billy Pierre has transferred from South Broward to McArthur

Yea they must have coaching staff leaving... The Mac low key gaining players I see... Wonder why this kid ain’t transfer to a private power in Broward?

Just because they are transferring doesn't mean a private school wants them or they will start somewhere else.  It used to be just the above average to elite kids, but now its everybody leaving because they have somebody telling them the grass us greener. I had a QB transfer to another school thinking he would be a starter at other school and spent 2 years on the bench.  Another we had at DT being told by an uncle he was a D1 Lb and transferred to uncles alma mater. Well he is a DT with no offers.

5 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

Just because they are transferring doesn't mean a private school wants them or they will start somewhere else.  It used to be just the above average to elite kids, but now its everybody leaving because they have somebody telling them the grass us greener. I had a QB transfer to another school thinking he would be a starter at other school and spent 2 years on the bench.  Another we had at DT being told by an uncle he was a D1 Lb and transferred to uncles alma mater. Well he is a DT with no offers.

But there been kids that transfer to privates knowing they not going to start..Especially over the past few years... But something is going on at South Broward cause kids are jumping ship...

I guarantee those kids that transferred to private schools knowing they weren't going to be starters had someone in their ear telling them they would be eventually or come from families willing to pay that tuition. Private schools are expensive and they don't let them all in for free.  They give them some financial aid, but that has to be paid back. I have heard horror stories about kids getting screwed when it was time to get records released for colleges because of that financial aid. It isn't just as easy as transferring to a private school unless that school really wants you.

12 minutes ago, blystr2002 said:

I guarantee those kids that transferred to private schools knowing they weren't going to be starters had someone in their ear telling them they would be eventually or come from families willing to pay that tuition. Private schools are expensive and they don't let them all in for free.  They give them some financial aid, but that has to be paid back. I have heard horror stories about kids getting screwed when it was time to get records released for colleges because of that financial aid. It isn't just as easy as transferring to a private school unless that school really wants you.

Well I ain’t gonna pretend that I know what all go inside these privates schools...

Let's just say unless a private school wants you it isn't as easy as just transferring for every kid.  Odds are a 5-6 team like South Broward doesn't have 20 kids a STA or Gibbons wants.  I'm sure they could get more money from a Westminster or Pine Crest, but what is the point of going to one of them.  If a private school wants you you will know.  I have had parents of big private schools we don't even play at our games with financial aid packets and applications already printed out to give to certain players after the game.  Have also had head coaches of private schools we don't play have the guts to come right up to certain players after our games and give them their emails and talk back and forth.  Right  before the talks get too specific into money they say come in to school for a visit, so no record of it. 90% of the time if a kid transfers to a big private school they have been talked to.  Always exceptions to the rule though.

23 hours ago, blystr2002 said:

Let's just say unless a private school wants you it isn't as easy as just transferring for every kid.  Odds are a 5-6 team like South Broward doesn't have 20 kids a STA or Gibbons wants.  I'm sure they could get more money from a Westminster or Pine Crest, but what is the point of going to one of them.  If a private school wants you you will know.  I have had parents of big private schools we don't even play at our games with financial aid packets and applications already printed out to give to certain players after the game.  Have also had head coaches of private schools we don't play have the guts to come right up to certain players after our games and give them their emails and talk back and forth.  Right  before the talks get too specific into money they say come in to school for a visit, so no record of it. 90% of the time if a kid transfers to a big private school they have been talked to.  Always exceptions to the rule though.

Which is half true cause I know atleast 10 kids currently on that STA roster , that the parents made the initial acquire about having there kids enroll at STA ...