Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

1 hour ago, Tigers2017 said:

Is the transfer a football player? I could not find anything but basketball highlights?

I'm assuming he's going out for the football team cause 321recruits has it up on his Twitter as an ath. It would be great if he did cause that would give them twin towers on the outside and killer speed in the slots. Cocoa could air it out all day then run laps around teams.

Smh monkey see monkey do ...until chaminade and STA and ahp and etc shut down or stop being eligible for transfers until the next year of being at the schools Broward public schools should jus give up. Because they don’t stand a chance where as in Dade players are staying at their home schools for the most part “pride” & the schools are jus plain out good smh lose lose situation 

21 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Smh monkey see monkey do ...until chaminade and STA and ahp and etc shut down or stop being eligible for transfers until the next year of being at the schools Broward public schools should jus give up. Because they don’t stand a chance where as in Dade players are staying at their home schools for the most part “pride” & the schools are jus plain out good smh lose lose situation 

All i see is these kids are transferring from one private to another.... Which one is transferring from a private in Dade to a private in Broward n a private from palm beach to a private in Broward and Dade players staying at their home schools ? Ok lol...

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

All i see is these kids are transferring from one private to another.... Which one is transferring from a private in Dade to a private in Broward n a private from palm beach to a private in Broward and Dade players staying at their home schools ? Ok lol...

Bro your missing what I said I never once said that any player was transferring from a Dade school to a Broward public or private I said “for the MOST part kids in Dade play for their HOME school for “PRIDE” reasons or they transfer to another Dade public” And the Dade schools are just plain good for the most part. As for my original post I said monkey see monkey do because all these kids in Broward or in surrounding areas see one or two loaded private schools and they load up on it. Look at what’s happening to south Broward or what happen to Flanagan ...the SOUTH FLORIDA PUBLIC schools are standing little to NO chance when you have the likes of AHP STA U SCHOOL CHAMINADE GIBBONS not only keeping players but taking from the little the public schools do half. Like it or not Broward public schools don’t have the luxury of keeping its top notch players and actually have a realistic shot for competing for a title.

24 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Bro your missing what I said I never once said that any player was transferring from a Dade school to a Broward public or private I said “for the MOST part kids in Dade play for their HOME school for “PRIDE” reasons or they transfer to another Dade public” And the Dade schools are just plain good for the most part. As for my original post I said monkey see monkey do because all these kids in Broward or in surrounding areas see one or two loaded private schools and they load up on it. Look at what’s happening to south Broward or what happen to Flanagan ...the SOUTH FLORIDA PUBLIC schools are standing little to NO chance when you have the likes of AHP STA U SCHOOL CHAMINADE GIBBONS not only keeping players but taking from the little the public schools do half. Like it or not Broward public schools don’t have the luxury of keeping its top notch players and actually have a realistic shot for competing for a title.

Well truthfully if we look at the privates in broward county they have stability 

Flanagan when they had a foundation were able to compete, the foundation caved in and the program fell apart 

Dillard had some great success under a very good coach but since he left things have not been as good, hopefully the new coach will build something up

@OldSchoolLion here's a topic, how many broward publics have actually had coaching stability during past 15 to 20 years

Has any public had same coach since 2000? Heck has any had same coach since 2005 or even 2010?

Also @"PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE)   public schools across the state are poorly managed both financially and in the curriculum 

I said this before if people want publics to start protecting athletes they need to keep up both athletically and academically with their private school counterparts 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@OldSchoolLion here's a topic, how many broward publics have actually had coaching stability during past 15 to 20 years

Has any public had same coach since 2000? Heck has any had same coach since 2005 or even 2010?

...Broward coaches italicized below.

Below are the head coaches and their current tenures at 75 of the top programs in Florida. 

24% of the coaches have been there 10 years or more.

60% of the coaches have been there 5 years or less.

40% of the coaches have been there 2 years or less.

Geographical breakdown

44%(8/18) of North Florida coaches have been there 6 years or more.

48%(12/25) of Central Florida coaches have been there 6 or more years.

31%(10/32) of South Florida coaches  have been there 6 or more years.

43%(12/28) of Dade/Broward/Palm Beach County coaches have been there 2 years or less.

40%(10/25) of Central Florida coaches have been there 2 years or less.

33%(6/18) of North Florida coaches have been there 2 years or less.

6 years or more-30 coaches

Lakeland-Bill Castle-42 seasons-6 state titles

Trinity Christian-Verlon Dorminey-27 seasons-7 state titles

Hillsborough-Earl Garcia-25 seasons-1 state final appearance

Dwyer-Jack Daniels-22 seasons-2 state titles

Palm Bay-Dan Burke-22 seasons-2 state titles

Naples-Bill Kramer-20 seasons-2 state titles

Charlotte-Binky Waldrop-19 seasons

Bartram Trail-Darrell Sutherland-18 seasons-1 state title

Columbus-Chris Merritt-17 seasons-1 final appearance

Niceville-John Hicks-17 seasons-2 state final appearances

Apopka-Rick Darlington-16 seasons-3 state titles

Bishop Moore-Matt Hedrick-16 seasons-1 state title

Fort Myers-Sam Sirianni Jr-16 seasons

Monsignor Pace-Joe Zaccheo-15 seasons-1 state title

Plant-Robert Weiner-14 seasons-4 state titles

Plantation-Steve Davis-12 seasons

Winter Park-Tim Shifflet-12 seasons

Booker T Washington/Miami-Tim Harris-10 seasons-3 state titles

Norland-Daryle Heidelburg-9 seasons-1 state title

Madison County-Mike Coe-8 seasons-1 state title

Osceola-Doug Nichols-8 seasons-2 state title appearances

Raines-Deran Wiley-8 seasons-1 state title

University Christian-David Penland-8 seasons-3 state titles

Columbia-Brian Allen-7 seasons

Dr Phillips-Rodney Wells-7 seasons-1 state title

Tampa Bay Tech-Jayson Roberts-7 seasons

Vero Beach-Lenny Jankowski-7 seasons

Braden River-Curt Bradley-6 seasons

Navarre-Jay Walls-6 seasons

South Dade-Nate Hudson Jr-6 seasons-1 title

5 years or less-45 coaches (state titles/appearances not included below)

Atlantic/Delray Beach-TJ Jackson-5 seasons

Miami Central-Roland Smith-5 seasons

Tampa Catholic-Mike Gregory-5 seasons

Wakulla-Barry Klees-5 seasons

Palm Beach Central-Tino Ierulli-4 seasons

Palmetto/Miami-Mike Manasco-4 seasons

Ponte Vedra-Matt Toblin-4 seasons

Western-Adam Ratkevich-4 seasons

Vanguard-Edwin Farmer-4 seasons

Deerfield Beach-Devon Glenn-3 seasons

Northwestern-Max Edwards-3 seasons

Pensacola-Mike Mincy-3 seasons

Rockledge-Wayne Younger-3 seasons

St. Thomas Aquinas-Roger Harriott-3 seasons

University School-Daniel Luque-3 seasons

American Heritage/Plantation-Pat Surtain-2 seasons

Baker County-Jamie Rogers-2 seasons

Cardinal Gibbons-Matt Dubuc-2 seasons

Chaminade-Madonna-Dameon Jones-2 seasons

Daytona Beach Mainland-Chuck Smith-2 seasons

Immokalee-Rodelin Anthony-2 seasons

Jones-Elijah Williams-2 seasons

Lake Gibson-Doug DeMyer-2 seasons

Oxbridge Academy-Brendan Kent-2 seasons

Pahokee-Orson Walkes-2 seasons

St Augustine-Brian Braddock-2 seasons

Wekiva-Rich Bedesem-2 seasons

Armwood-Evan Davis-1 season

Bolles-Wayne Belger-1 season

Carol City-Benedict Hyppolite-1 season

Edgewater-Cameron Duke-1 season

Escambia-Mike Bennett-1 season

Glades Central-Jessie Hester-1 season

Godby-Corey Fuller-1 season

Lincoln-Quinn Gray-1 season

Miramar-Antwan Scott-1 season

West Florida-Rhett Summerford-1 season

Boyd Anderson-Darion Gray-0 seasons

Cocoa-Ryan Schneider-0 seasons

Dillard-Toriano Morgan-0 seasons

Miami-Zach Gardner-0 seasons

Sarasota Riverview-Josh Smithers-0 seasons

Southridge-Sedrick Irvin-0 seasons

Venice-Larry Shannon-0 seasons

Viera-Derek Smith-0 seasons

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...Broward coaches italicized below.

Below are the head coaches and their current tenures at 75 of the top programs in Florida. 

24% of the coaches have been there 10 years or more.

60% of the coaches have been there 5 years or less.

40% of the coaches have been there 2 years or less.

Geographical breakdown

44%(8/18) of North Florida coaches have been there 6 years or more.

48%(12/25) of Central Florida coaches have been there 6 or more years.

31%(10/32) of South Florida coaches  have been there 6 or more years.

43%(12/28) of Dade/Broward/Palm Beach County coaches have been there 2 years or less.

40%(10/25) of Central Florida coaches have been there 2 years or less.

33%(6/18) of North Florida coaches have been there 2 years or less.

6 years or more-30 coaches

Lakeland-Bill Castle-42 seasons-6 state titles

Trinity Christian-Verlon Dorminey-27 seasons-7 state titles

Hillsborough-Earl Garcia-25 seasons-1 state final appearance

Dwyer-Jack Daniels-22 seasons-2 state titles

Palm Bay-Dan Burke-22 seasons-2 state titles

Naples-Bill Kramer-20 seasons-2 state titles

Charlotte-Binky Waldrop-19 seasons

Bartram Trail-Darrell Sutherland-18 seasons-1 state title

Columbus-Chris Merritt-17 seasons-1 final appearance

Niceville-John Hicks-17 seasons-2 state final appearances

Apopka-Rick Darlington-16 seasons-3 state titles

Bishop Moore-Matt Hedrick-16 seasons-1 state title

Fort Myers-Sam Sirianni Jr-16 seasons

Monsignor Pace-Joe Zaccheo-15 seasons-1 state title

Plant-Robert Weiner-14 seasons-4 state titles

Plantation-Steve Davis-12 seasons

Winter Park-Tim Shifflet-12 seasons

Booker T Washington/Miami-Tim Harris-10 seasons-3 state titles

Norland-Daryle Heidelburg-9 seasons-1 state title

Madison County-Mike Coe-8 seasons-1 state title

Osceola-Doug Nichols-8 seasons-2 state title appearances

Raines-Deran Wiley-8 seasons-1 state title

University Christian-David Penland-8 seasons-3 state titles

Columbia-Brian Allen-7 seasons

Dr Phillips-Rodney Wells-7 seasons-1 state title

Tampa Bay Tech-Jayson Roberts-7 seasons

Vero Beach-Lenny Jankowski-7 seasons

Braden River-Curt Bradley-6 seasons

Navarre-Jay Walls-6 seasons

South Dade-Nate Hudson Jr-6 seasons-1 title

5 years or less-45 coaches (state titles/appearances not included below)

Atlantic/Delray Beach-TJ Jackson-5 seasons

Miami Central-Roland Smith-5 seasons

Tampa Catholic-Mike Gregory-5 seasons

Wakulla-Barry Klees-5 seasons

Palm Beach Central-Tino Ierulli-4 seasons

Palmetto/Miami-Mike Manasco-4 seasons

Ponte Vedra-Matt Toblin-4 seasons

Western-Adam Ratkevich-4 seasons

Vanguard-Edwin Farmer-4 seasons

Deerfield Beach-Devon Glenn-3 seasons

Northwestern-Max Edwards-3 seasons

Pensacola-Mike Mincy-3 seasons

Rockledge-Wayne Younger-3 seasons

St. Thomas Aquinas-Roger Harriott-3 seasons

University School-Daniel Luque-3 seasons

American Heritage/Plantation-Pat Surtain-2 seasons

Baker County-Jamie Rogers-2 seasons

Cardinal Gibbons-Matt Dubuc-2 seasons

Chaminade-Madonna-Dameon Jones-2 seasons

Daytona Beach Mainland-Chuck Smith-2 seasons

Immokalee-Rodelin Anthony-2 seasons

Jones-Elijah Williams-2 seasons

Lake Gibson-Doug DeMyer-2 seasons

Oxbridge Academy-Brendan Kent-2 seasons

Pahokee-Orson Walkes-2 seasons

St Augustine-Brian Braddock-2 seasons

Wekiva-Rich Bedesem-2 seasons

Armwood-Evan Davis-1 season

Bolles-Wayne Belger-1 season

Carol City-Benedict Hyppolite-1 season

Edgewater-Cameron Duke-1 season

Escambia-Mike Bennett-1 season

Glades Central-Jessie Hester-1 season

Godby-Corey Fuller-1 season

Lincoln-Quinn Gray-1 season

Miramar-Antwan Scott-1 season

West Florida-Rhett Summerford-1 season

Boyd Anderson-Darion Gray-0 seasons

Cocoa-Ryan Schneider-0 seasons

Dillard-Toriano Morgan-0 seasons

Miami-Zach Gardner-0 seasons

Sarasota Riverview-Josh Smithers-0 seasons

Southridge-Sedrick Irvin-0 seasons

Venice-Larry Shannon-0 seasons

Viera-Derek Smith-0 seasons

I see one broward school with more than 5 years at one school

Seems stability is hard to come by 

Yet i see several Miami Dade schools there

15 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

What the hell pride has to do with a kid staying at a public school or transferring to another . So a kid transferring to a private school has no pride? So are you telling me the reason why Dillard struggles in the playoffs is cause thy don’t have enough players with pride? Let tell you this.. It’s more of the parents that’s sending their kids to privates schools for a reason... If coach bush was still at Flannigan they would of still been rolling cause he built that program.. Same as for coach cogdelle for Miramar and even at Hallendale if the now Chaminade coach had never left.. It has more to do with stability of coaches staying together... Look at Da West... They have a qb that transferred in from my alma mata at North Miami and he not from north Miami or live in north Miami.... From what I’m hearing he live in Miami Shores which they have a private school can’t think of the name right now but if he had “pride” that means he should of been playing for that private school right? The private schools are not the reason why the public’s in Broward schools are struggling.. Don’t here the Miramar’s or  Hallendale or etc complaining... I know cause my Sgt coaches at Miramar and my fellow co worker coaches at Hallendale.. Plus Miramar has to battle Carol City , Norland and Hallandale for players .. Shoot you can add American High to that...

7 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

As I said if athletes were forced to wait a year after transferring to b able to play I bet this transfer madness slow down 

Didn’t slow them down back in the days when you did had to sit a year..

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

What the hell pride has to do with a kid staying at a public school or transferring to another . So a kid transferring to a private school has no pride? So are you telling me the reason why Dillard struggles in the playoffs is cause thy don’t have enough players with pride? Let tell you this.. It’s more of the parents that’s sending their kids to privates schools for a reason... If coach bush was still at Flannigan they would of still been rolling cause he built that program.. Same as for coach cogdelle for Miramar and even at Hallendale if the now Chaminade coach had never left.. It has more to do with stability of coaches staying together... Look at Da West... They have a qb that transferred in from my alma mata at North Miami and he not from north Miami or live in north Miami.... From what I’m hearing he live in Miami Shores which they have a private school can’t think of the name right now but if he had “pride” that means he should of been playing for that private school right? The private schools are not the reason why the public’s in Broward schools are struggling.. Don’t here the Miramar’s or  Hallendale or etc complaining... I know cause my Sgt coaches at Miramar and my fellow co worker coaches at Hallendale.. Plus Miramar has to battle Carol City , Norland and Hallandale for players .. Shoot you can add American High to that...

So what would u say the problem is then if it’s not the private schools & the lack of players .. because last time I checked the reason why there is no stability let’s say at these inner city black schools in Broward it’s cuz of the losing records and incompetence they show during the year if u coach at a school for 2 years and go 0-10 both years should u still remain just for “stability purposes” ??

11 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

So what would u say the problem is then if it’s not the private schools & the lack of players .. because last time I checked the reason why there is no stability let’s say at these inner city black schools in Broward it’s cuz of the losing records and incompetence they show during the year if u coach at a school for 2 years and go 0-10 both years should u still remain just for “stability purposes” ??

Poor coaching in general 

But it ain't just broward publics, it's publics statewide 

Public schools generally these days don't have the resources to hire good coaches at least long term

If you want to blame someone i advise direct the blame at the state legislature for always cheaping the public schools out of funds that they send to academies like img and other private schools 

2 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

44 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Panther, in the late 1980's the private schools in Broward were nothing like today.  Except for Dillard and Ely, there was nothing holding Broward public schools back from emerging as powerful programs.  Even in the 90s, it was really just STA, so still plenty of opportunity...but most Broward public schools had marginal success, even when things were less competitive. 

Between the mid 80's and early 2000's, when they were excelling, Dillard and Ely had good/very good continuity at head coach.   The wheels fell off when they got into the coaching merry-go-round mode.  Just as some colleges from up north, ie West Virginia, Kentucky, etc,  have come to Florida and focused on 2-3 star talent and slowly built up their programs, I think a smart Broward coach could do the same...focus on those kids with good natural talent that could not start at one of the powerhouse private schools.  We have college teams ranked today that people 10-20 years ago would have never dreamed of being there.     

On 6/26/2018 at 1:53 AM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

As I said if athletes were forced to wait a year after transferring to b able to play I bet this transfer madness slow down 

Transfers would virtually stop unless a player was transferring to a private school or a charter school for academic reasons only.  I actually think that they should have to wait a year before being allowed to play. Wasn't it like this a few years ago? However, doubt the FHSAA would return to that ruling as the state legislature already allows transferring at will for any reason at any time.

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Funny 

If it wasn't for oxbridge closing we would have a quiet 2 weeks with transfers 

Anyone hear about any transfers? This thread is starving 

Hopefully its over. Give the Coaches time to get their teams rolling with only 30 days left for practice to began.