Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

7 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

By far? Big names doesn’t mean best team. 

I think at the pro level and sometimes the college level but most of the time at the high school level the team that wins in the off season movement battle usually get to Orlando or close. Atlantic last season received about 10-15 transfers and outside of Palm Beach Central and state they didn't lose a game all season. When you hand Coach Daniels guys like Gio Richardson, James Meeks, A.Lane, D'quan Thomas, J.Evans, the tight-end kid from Oxbridge, the cornerback from Oxbridge with the kids he already had coming back this team should be in Orlando if the can pull it out versus STA

2 hours ago, Mashburns said:

I think at the pro level and sometimes the college level but most of the time at the high school level the team that wins in the off season movement battle usually get to Orlando or close. Atlantic last season received about 10-15 transfers and outside of Palm Beach Central and state they didn't lose a game all season. When you hand Coach Daniels guys like Gio Richardson, James Meeks, A.Lane, D'quan Thomas, J.Evans, the tight-end kid from Oxbridge, the cornerback from Oxbridge with the kids he already had coming back this team should be in Orlando if the can pull it out versus STA

I see you’re point, but I still wouldn’t say they are “by far” much better than PBC, PAhokee, or Atlantic. IF Glades  Central’s young line gels, then that will become a good game

18 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

I see you’re point, but I still wouldn’t say they are “by far” much better than PBC, PAhokee, or Atlantic. IF Glades  Central’s young line gels, then that will become a good game

Agree should not have said by Far but the team they form this season is pretty good from the surface lets wait and see how they gel together and out the individual egos aside and meet expectations. 

21 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

By far? Big names doesn’t mean best team. 

Folks often speak of the benefits of transfers...and there certainly can be....but I do not often hear talk of how disruptive it can be to an "existing" team, especially when a bunch of new, testosterone-filled teens with their bags already packed for college show up for practice.  Add on top of that a team with a relatively inexperienced coach, not used to managing a bunch of "all stars," and that can be recipe for failure.

If Atlantic got 10-15 good transfers last year, one might have expected them to roll over everyone they faced, and they did not.    

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Folks often speak of the benefits of transfers...and there certainly can be....but I do not often hear talk of how disruptive it can be to an "existing" team, especially when a bunch of new, testosterone-filled teens with their bags already packed for college show up for practice.  Add on top of that a team with a relatively inexperienced coach, not used to managing a bunch of "all stars," and that can be recipe for failure.

If Atlantic got 10-15 good transfers last year, one might have expected them to roll over everyone they faced, and they did not.    

The egos will be the biggest adjustment. I’ve been looking at the media attention and mostly the Oxbridge transfers that have been in front of the cameras, especially at Dwyer. So I’m curious to how the returning players are feeling about it. One of Oxbridge’s assistant coaches did get hired at Dwyer, so maybe he help blend the kids in. 

9 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

The egos will be the biggest adjustment. I’ve been looking at the media attention and mostly the Oxbridge transfers that have been in front of the cameras, especially at Dwyer. So I’m curious to how the returning players are feeling about it. One of Oxbridge’s assistant coaches did get hired at Dwyer, so maybe he help blend the kids in. 

Im sure that was the draw to get the kids settled at Dwyer but Dwyer is one of those schools like STA, C.M, and other schools down south that are use to getting a bunch of kids in and all sorts of attention for whatever reason but Dwyer has a veteran coach that have coached guys over the years with ego's so I'm sure they will be ok at Dwyer but we shall see 

Transfers that happen that I forgot to put up... Kevin Felder 2019WR transfer from Southridge to Dillard and Dontavious Johnson 2019 DB transfers from Port St Lucie to Dillard... They arguably becomes the best offensive player and defense of player for Dillard...

38 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Transfers that happen that I forgot to put up... Kevin Felder 2019WR transfer from Southridge to Dillard and Dontavious Johnson 2019 DB transfers from Port St Lucie to Dillard... They arguably becomes the best offensive player and defense of player for Dillard...

Interesting 

I guess transfer season going out with a bang these final days

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you have a full list of the Lakeland transfers both in and out? 

Only ones I’m really familiar with are Ski McWilliams (QB), and Lloyd Summerall (DE). Hammond is returning from IMG, but played his Freshman and Sophomore years at Lakeland. There are about 6 seniors this year who have been on Varsity since freshman year. So, this is a heavy “homegrown” senior class for Lakeland this year. 

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

13 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

I guess that “address” didn’t work for him like the others. Lol

His situation by far the worse I have ever seen in the off season most kids pick a school and pretty much they are there but with this kid he have been denied by two schools within a few months? What Oxbridge did to this kid is ridiculous pretty much pull the rug leading into his senior year. I wonder why this kid just doesn't go to his home school? does anyone know where is his home school and why he doesn't want to play for them? He was the missing piece to Dwyer state run getting pass STA without him on paper I will take STA.  

18 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

His situation by far the worse I have ever seen in the off season most kids pick a school and pretty much they are there but with this kid he have been denied by two schools within a few months? What Oxbridge did to this kid is ridiculous pretty much pull the rug leading into his senior year. I wonder why this kid just doesn't go to his home school? does anyone know where is his home school and why he doesn't want to play for them? He was the missing piece to Dwyer state run getting pass STA without him on paper I will take STA.  

Wait i thought the school choice rule lets them attend regardless of where they zoned

I hope he somehow manages to get to stay Dwyer 

Doral Academy already fell apart and someone needs to be able to make sta have to actually earn a championship not just let it be handed on a silver platter 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wait i thought the school choice rule lets them attend regardless of where they zoned

I hope he somehow manages to get to stay Dwyer 

Doral Academy already fell apart and someone needs to be able to make sta have to actually earn a championship not just let it be handed on a silver platter 

I 100 percent agree if the kid doesn't get in this will pretty much hand STA the state championship but I'm seeing on twitter that the story may not be true so we shall see very soon if the kid got in or not

15 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

He is one of the beter qb's in south FL and has already gotten good exposure.  Even if he went to an "average" high school, am not sure he would be losing out on any offers he would not get otherwise.    With his stature/talents, even if he got a Power 5 offer going to a Dwyer, seems as if the chance of him starting at one of those schools would be slim.    

15 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

He is one of the beter qb's in south FL and has already gotten good exposure.  Even if he went to an "average" high school, am not sure he would be losing out on any offers he would not get otherwise.    With his stature/talents, even if he got a Power 5 offer going to a Dwyer, seems as if the chance of him starting at one of those schools would be slim.    

He would start at Dwyer because qb was the biggest question mark

If he somehow gets into Dwyer he will be their starter

20 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You do know in 2016 Dwyer was transferred up and STA put a whoopin on em

This Dwyer team is better than they have been in a while and this sta team isn't as strong as 2015 or 2016 teams

People look at the number of players with offers and assume that makes them unbeatable, this sta team still has question marks 

3 hours ago, Mashburns said:

His home school is Wellington, but I heard him and Coach Abel don’t mesh well. The issue and Dwyer is settled now. But, he has only practiced once according to the article. So it may take a few games for him to settle into that system