Transfer Season 2018

Zoe Boy

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

This is really stupid and illogical.

It's true that coaches and scouts can find a player no matter where they play. That's not the issue. What's important is the probability of doing so.

When people say that going to STA doesn't matter for these kids they're just dead wrong.

Please forgive me for the non sequitur, Guccifer.  Only through the grace of God was I able to succeed in the legal world despite my proclivity for making such fallacious arguments.  Maybe you could counsel me concerning my next case.:D

I did not state that going to St Thomas would not help get someone exposure.  It absolutely would.  My point was simply that if someone is relying upon their school's reputation to get scholarship offers, that possibly(I intentionally used the word "maybe"-not a definitive) they do not possess the level of talent required to succeed at an elite level of play.

Kids with elite-level talent do not need to play at a powerhouse program to get noticed, especially in today's world.  I question the belief some parents have that it is essential.  About 40 years ago, a kid in a tiny town in Georgia, 50 miles from nowhere, enrolled in a tiny high school with a losing record.  His name was Herschel Walker.  And he played there for four years.  Imagine that, folks-no transferring!  I used to live nearby, so I know the history.

Back then, college coaches did not have access to statistics and films like today.  As a player, you earned your reputation the hard way and did not need to ride the coattails of a powerhouse program to get a scholarship.  I bet Herschel could have walked onto the UGA campus as a complete unknown and gotten a scholarship.  And I bet the same could be said for a number of elite-level players. 

If a kid's main motivation for getting recognized is simply to get a free ride to college, going to STA may very well be a good investment for the parents, since it will definitely help those B+ kids get noticed.  I worry about the B+ kid who gets offers because he plays for an STA, gets an inflated sense of his talent, and then crashes hard when he gets to the big leagues.  Have seen it happen.  Those are the kids who may be better off going to smaller colleges, ie FCS schools, and, if their talent blossoms, they will be found by the NFL scouts.  

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

When I asked him for proof that I called someone stupid he banned my account.

What an inspirational leader.

He grovels to FHSA brass. He bans people for having differing opinions. He lies about what they post. Then he bans them for asking for proof.

False

You are banned repeatedly for showing no respect to other members and i will glady post your comments on prepgridiron over here so everyone can see it

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Of course you would because you're a pantywaist with no chance to debate with me.

I would never ban a mark as easy as you.

I have embarrassed you plenty, you just slither out of it with petty jabs and insults

You are by far the weakest debater on any board i have seen

You make neutral observer look like a Harvard grad 

@KeyserSoze Andrew, if I were you I would stop attacking my moderators and board members immediately. I don't have an issue with anyone disagreeing on things, but it has to be done with civility. You come in here brashing my board and when I got other members (outside my board mods) messaging me about your attacks, it is a problem. As such, you have not learned your lesson when I blocked your accounts a year ago. 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Don't even try to threaten me.

You've been exposed as a fascist thug who's so weak that he can't even debate someone on the merits. Instead you ban them.

You literally said that I couldn't say that Yusuf Shakir was a terrible coach. That's censorship. Period.

You're pathetic, Josh.

I have not threaten you. I have politely asked you to stop with your behavior on this board.

I don't debate people who want to take shots at others and not show respect. You talk about respect. If you show some, I wouldn't have an issue with you being here. Simple as that.

And for you have no idea about the relationship that I carry with the FHSAA, but since you have gone here, I will gladly talk about it. All my working relationships I build up with people and different groups are to help make things better for the sport. Just because I go to every meeting the FHSAA has doesn't mean I am right up their butts. I have had to vouch for other media members because they (FHSAA) weren't sure who they were or are. I don't agree with every single the FHSAA does, however I have respect. See everyone wants to blame the staff of 25-30 people in Gainesville every time a school does something wrong or a change is made. I encourage you to look deeper at the inner workings of the FHSAA. It is member schools, advisory committees, and board making these decisions. The staff is there to mainly apply the bylaws and polices decided by the 800 plus member schools. Also there are some things the FHSAA can't just do because of state laws. Their bylaws and policies cannot supersede state law. 

But anyways, you have violated several rules of this board and I encourage you to read them. You have already violated rules 1, 4 and 9 here. These are not rules I just made up. They were crafted basis around what other boards have for rules and crafted for the use of this board.

6 minutes ago, PabloEscobar said:

You don't debate me because I'd crush you into a fine powder and everybody knows it.

Just look at your thug tactics.

1) You delete everything that I post 

2) You ban me

3) Then you respond to my post knowing that I can't reply

You are a feckless pussy who cowers in the face of opposition.

How many times you gonna make a new account? 

Just now, PabloEscobar said:

How many times are you clowns going to delete my posts, ban me and then respond afterwards knowing that I can't reply?

Why are you here posting? Doesn't Josh need you to cup his balls or something?

Why worry about it 

It's obvious you will just make a new name on a endless list of emails 

And you wouldn't be banned if you showed respect 

The difference is that unlike other boards this ain't a zoo operation Where the owners give up arguing with you 

You abide by the rules or you get banned, Follow the simple rules everyone else is more than capable of following and you won't get banned

Only you have trouble doing that so instead of blaming everyone else for you getting banned look in the mirror 

Just now, PabloEscobar said:

Have you taken a look?

It's a ghost town.

I don't blame people. Josh doesn't deserve a single click.

a lot of that has to do with football season being deadzone atm

most of traffic on prepgridiron Is political garbage 

look at florida varisty, that is what a ghost town is dude

On 1/20/2018 at 1:02 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Please forgive me for the non sequitur, Guccifer.  Only through the grace of God was I able to succeed in the legal world despite my proclivity for making such fallacious arguments.  Maybe you could counsel me concerning my next case.:D

I did not state that going to St Thomas would not help get someone exposure.  It absolutely would.  My point was simply that if someone is relying upon their school's reputation to get scholarship offers, that possibly(I intentionally used the word "maybe"-not a definitive) they do not possess the level of talent required to succeed at an elite level of play.

Kids with elite-level talent do not need to play at a powerhouse program to get noticed, especially in today's world.  I question the belief some parents have that it is essential.  About 40 years ago, a kid in a tiny town in Georgia, 50 miles from nowhere, enrolled in a tiny high school with a losing record.  His name was Herschel Walker.  And he played there for four years.  Imagine that, folks-no transferring!  I used to live nearby, so I know the history.

Back then, college coaches did not have access to statistics and films like today.  As a player, you earned your reputation the hard way and did not need to ride the coattails of a powerhouse program to get a scholarship.  I bet Herschel could have walked onto the UGA campus as a complete unknown and gotten a scholarship.  And I bet the same could be said for a number of elite-level players. 

If a kid's main motivation for getting recognized is simply to get a free ride to college, going to STA may very well be a good investment for the parents, since it will definitely help those B+ kids get noticed.  I worry about the B+ kid who gets offers because he plays for an STA, gets an inflated sense of his talent, and then crashes hard when he gets to the big leagues.  Have seen it happen.  Those are the kids who may be better off going to smaller colleges, ie FCS schools, and, if their talent blossoms, they will be found by the NFL scouts.  

A good is example is a player that I admire so much, CJ Spiller of Union County. Arguably the best or one of the top 5 RB's to ever come out of Florida. Played all 4 years for Union County, a very small one HS town of Lake Butler, although he had numerous opportunities to transfer to any school in the state. Played 4 years for Clemson although he had the opportunity to go into the NFL at any time. Drafted by the Buffalo Bills upon graduation from Clemson and has been in the NFL every since. He now has a Degree and all the money he can handle. So, yes, if you are good, especially very good, the scouts will come looking for you no matter what team you play for or whether that team is 10-0 or 0-10.

5 hours ago, DB4 said:

I saw on another forum a few more transfers:

QB Jesse Rivera and LB Gino Sandora transferred from Archbishop McCarthy to Western

WR Damian Sutton went from Everglades to American Heritage

Those are 2 of Archbishop McCarthy's stronger players.  QB Rivera with a offer from Pitt and I believe Sandora led the team in tackles.  If the floodgates are open now over at Archbishop, they have a couple other 2018 solid players (one being RB Jacob Baptiste) and I am curious if Western will be the landing strip for the former Stallions....  Last year they sent a few over to Chaminade-Madonna...