Fleming Island captures a District Championship

Joker99

Coming into the season we had three goals it was to win the District, win the region, and win the state title. Last night we clinched one of them. Fleming Island won last night after going down 14-0 in the first quarter. After that second touchdown the defense really played well not allowing a single point the rest of the game even when our offense and special teams put them in bad situations. The defense needs to play better than that to start games because it's starting to look like even with all of those high expectations for our offense returning almost every starter we just aren't playing at a State Championship caliber level of Offense. I don't know what it is, we're just not clicking on that side of the ball. The offense just isn't executing like a Senior laden offense should at Fleming Island. One of the things I noticed in the statistics was that we went away from being a 50/50 run pass type of offense. I have said many times that the strength of Fleming Island's offense is in it's balance. When we are clicking on all cylinders defensively you never know when your gonna have to stop the run or defend the pass. It really comes down to executing the play that gets called though. We just aren't executing like you would expect a Fleming Island team to execute. After giving up 14 points in the first quarter Fleming Island scored 17 points unanswered including a field goal as time expired to win the game. Now after achieving goal number one all eyes are on the regional title. I just can't stress enough the importance enough of getting better everyday. I think one of the things I am most excited about to get in the playoffs is we just haven't played a complete game yet.

On the bright side of things though we are the best team in the 904 and are still undefeated.

That is very true maybe we just don't have the horses. I want to believe we do, but the lack of productivity of the offense in a few games this year has shown otherwise. Although last evening the offense played their best game of the season. They scored 42 points before halftime. On the first 2 drives had 2 plays 150 yards on those 2 plays and 2 touchdowns. One play was a Michael Scarnecchia bomb to a speedy Bryce Motes. The other one was a 70 yard John Riggins type run from Nick O' Shea.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Agree with what you think mostly, except I'd use a 4 year average and only move the top team in each region up and bottom team in each region down based on that average. I think 4 years gives a better overall picture of a program.
    • What this means is we will soon see one of two scenarios play out in the coming years: 1) A subset of students will eventually not be able to attend a "good" school because there is simply no space for them due to there being a scarcity of "good" schools 2) Assuming compulsory attendance remains a thing, we will see longtime elite private high schools nosedive in performance. The schools can not perform magic: unmotivated, unprepared often defiant students will NOT be good students no matter what the school does/doesn't do. And oftentimes these sorts of students do have parents who will do the absolute bare minimum needed to get the kid into a private school through the new rules. Anyone who genuinely believes that the schools with higher test scores automatically do a better job of teaching the kids than schools with lower scores is an imbecile. 
    • Here’s a scenario that will cook your noodle. There’s an 11th grader at a D rated public school. Lives in a bad neighborhood with a single mom and a bunch of siblings. Dirt poor, and struggle just to eat and keep the lights on. He can’t get a part time job to help out because he has to watch his little siblings while his mom works.    The school he plays for has poor attendance at the football games, and is always bad. He is a super star for them and tons of new bandwagon fans start to attend the games because they are good and he is the reason. School is making tons of new money.    Season is over. Back to reality for him. School year is over. Summer hits. Some “runner” on behalf of the rich local private school “offers” his mom, him, and all his siblings a way out of poverty. New place to live, food on the table, and an opportunity to get a quality education and maximize exposure for all the top colleges to see. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get his family out of poverty. What say you? Does he say no and continue to barely survive, or does he take the deal? 
    • To make it short and sweet. I am against breaking the rules. If there is a rule that seems outdated or unfair then it should be amended/changed/repealed with majority rule 
    • I am a huge proponent of innocent until proven guilty, and due process with credible evidence. I support a credible investigation, and not some witch hunt by disgruntled folks both near and far from the program. Let’s hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Popular Contributors