STA @ Venice Round 4

BrowardHandicapper

53 minutes ago, FloTech said:

How u know they going in the right direction...? Have u played for Vero do u go to their games every week? 

The thing that clearly worked against Vero in past years was never being battle tested 

They stepped the schedule up this year and if they keep improving the schedule then naturally they will be more battle tested and as a result will be more prepared come playoffs 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The thing that clearly worked against Vero in past years was never being battle tested 

They stepped the schedule up this year and if they keep improving the schedule then naturally they will be more battle tested and as a result will be more prepared come playoffs 

Schedule to me is slightly better shoot last year we had more playoff teams on our schedule than we did this year...... 

PB Lakes,PB Gardens,Treasure Coast, and Sebastian River

Oscar Smith,Pahokee,and Lincoln

11 minutes ago, FloTech said:

Schedule to me is slightly better shoot last year we had more playoff teams on our schedule than we did this year...... 

PB Lakes,PB Gardens,Treasure Coast, and Sebastian River

Oscar Smith,Pahokee,and Lincoln

How many of those teams last year would have made playoffs on new system? 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How many of those teams last year would have made playoffs on new system? 

Lakes and Sebastian would have but Treasure Coast woulda been iffy

28 points is the lowest Vero has seen these two seasons Palm Beach Lakes Sebastian Oscar Smith and Pahokee kept Vero from scoring 30 or more points in my opinion playing Lakes and Sebastian ain't much different from playing Smith and Hokee 

I was betting on reading a post like this on a Monday not a Wednesday!! 

To answer the question simply does Venice deserve to be favorites ? I'm going with no. 

I will add that until someone beats the 3 time 7A champ in the playoffs they would have to be the favorite in all of the games. 

With all of that said I think it should be a good game. Venice did not show up down South. At home helps so I'm looking for more of a closer game. In the end its hard to beat a team like STA. Can it be done, sure. Its been done before. Can Venice beat them only time will tell. 

35 minutes ago, 941football said:

I was betting on reading a post like this on a Monday not a Wednesday!! 

To answer the question simply does Venice deserve to be favorites ? I'm going with no. 

I will add that until someone beats the 3 time 7A champ in the playoffs they would have to be the favorite in all of the games. 

With all of that said I think it should be a good game. Venice did not show up down South. At home helps so I'm looking for more of a closer game. In the end its hard to beat a team like STA. Can it be done, sure. Its been done before. Can Venice beat them only time will tell. 

I am thinking of making the long trip. Venice was a good high school atmosphere. 

34 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

They did schedule up. They played Oscar Smith and also Viera in the KOC. It did not do them any good.

They had one really bad half and it cost them.   They also didn't play anyone good late in the year which could have hurt but I think it was more of just one really bad half.  Either way they are watching and were possibly the best team in the North.  Not only do you have to be good you have to be lucky and can't have a bad night.  At this point most games are won off 2-3 plays and you never know when they will occur.

Just now, 954gator said:

@941footballSTA struggles against good Ds.  What's Venice's defense like this year?

They are ok. They have given up some points. Mostly on backups but in general they play sound. Wont out flash you with 5 star guys. They don't look like much but they get the job done.

Everyone says they are too slow. Too small. Too weak. Don't have enough athletes. Every offense it seems lately has more "guys". Somehow they get the job done against all of these odds. 

10 of the starters are Seniors. They remember what happened last year. I think they are more prepared. 

3 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Broward Sun Sentinel does indeed appear to reference STA as a underdog tonight.....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/fl-sp-sta-foot-adv-20171130-story.html

Read the article, hard to believe that the players for STA think they are an underdog. Especially if they return most of the defense that won that game easily last year.

My guess is you would not want the kids from STA looking past Venice and these types of articles will help the coaches keep focus.