Attendance

gatorman-uf

Guesses on attendance...

1A: 3,400 (Madison will bring the house)
2A: 1,200
3A: 1,400 (A lot less than last year due to Oxbridge having few to no alumni)
4A: 5,000 (Raines and Cocoa will bring a crowd)
5A: 4,000 (Baker County will bring a nice crowd)
6A: 7,500 (MNW usually brings a good crowd)
7A: 8,500 (Bartram's $$$ and Venice should be best crowd of the week, even though early on Saturday)
8A: 7,000 (Atlantic has the history, but I don't trust Palm Beach schools to travel)
--------------- 

38,000 Total

This would put the total as one of the highest since they went to Orlando.

ColumbiaFan,

The game was in Gainesville, it might as well have been a home game and considering it had been 30 years since CHS had played in a state championship and all of the resources they pour into football, yes, I would expect them to have a decent showing for a state championship game.  Don't forget that Miami teams travel well. 

51 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Guesses on attendance...

1A: 3,400 (Madison will bring the house)
2A: 1,200
3A: 1,400 (A lot less than last year due to Oxbridge having few to no alumni)
4A: 5,000 (Raines and Cocoa will bring a crowd)
5A: 4,000 (Baker County will bring a nice crowd)
6A: 7,500 (MNW usually brings a good crowd)
7A: 8,500 (Bartram's $$$ and Venice should be best crowd of the week, even though early on Saturday)
8A: 7,000 (Atlantic has the history, but I don't trust Palm Beach schools to travel)
--------------- 

38,000 Total

This would put the total as one of the highest since they went to Orlando.

Pretty good estimates. I do think the 8A game may rival the 7A game for most attendance. Otherwise, everything else seems spot on.

21 minutes ago, 941football said:

8500 for that 7A game would be impressive. Venice usually travels well. I hope they make the trip on Sat. 

2012 7A: 3,998 STA
2014 7A: 5,834 STA
2015 7A: 5,390 STA
2016 7A: 4,735 STA

So yeah, I might be way overestimating it based on the last several years that 7A has  I always believe that private schools (STA) draw less unless it is something like the Lakeland-STA games of old. Bartram Trail is only 17 years old so it doesn't have the generational alumni base, but they do have the money to make the trip. The couple of times I have seen Bartram Trail play both on the road and at home, they bring a good crowd. They have had 4 straight home games, so they should have the money saved up to travel. Plus Only a 2 hour trip to Citrus Bowl. 

Venice is a generational school with little poverty. They have had success over the past 20 years, so this is just getting over the hump. Yeah, I betting on them traveling.

Also 7A hasn't been above 8500 since the first year 2007 when Osceola was in the state championships.

Weather will be a factor for sure.

I'm thinking more of a 5000 total fan base. Its a decent travel for Venice to make that drive. A lot of fans are of the older generation and may not make that trip. 

The town in general is in a buzz after Friday night. Hard to say but those who don't come will be watching a live stream. 

2 minutes ago, 941football said:

Weather will be a factor for sure.

I'm thinking more of a 5000 total fan base. Its a decent travel for Venice to make that drive. A lot of fans are of the older generation and may not make that trip. 

The town in general is in a buzz after Friday night. Hard to say but those who don't come will be watching a live stream. 

I hope they come. It has been a long time since Venice was in a State Title game. They won it all in spectacular fashion in 2000.

1 minute ago, topnotch305 said:

6A will have the biggest crowd barring weather unless armwood doesn't travel... NW have more people than that their rival games.. barring rain should easily be over 10k whenever NW is at state. Especially this year since its been a minute. 

MNW always travels well regardless of where the game is. Unfortunately, Armwood does not travel well which I find surprising as they are only about an hour away from the Citrus Bowl. Northwestern may bring upwards of 7000 while Armwood would do well to bring more than 1000 to this game.

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

MNW always travels well regardless of where the game is. Unfortunately, Armwood does not travel well which I find surprising as they are only about an hour away from the Citrus Bowl. Northwestern may bring upwards of 7000 while Armwood would do well to bring more than 1000 to this game.

6 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

Link is a little old, but its story has not changed. From South Florida, Northwestern is by far the biggest draw and most likely to travel well. Central draws decent crowds but does not compare to MNW. From Tally, Lincoln travels well.

In Orlando, Apopka, Seminole, Boone, Timber Creek, Oviedo, Lake Brantley and West Orange and maybe Dr. Phillips would be most likely to draw big crowds. Most other Orlando area teams do not have big fan bases. If Jones made the title game, as Orlando's oldest and only surviving historically black school with decades of existence, they may also draw a big crowd. 

Although Tampa is a short drive away, the Tampa area teams have usually not traveled well to Orlando. I believe Mainland would travel well if they made the title game. 

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Link is a little old, but its story has not changed. From South Florida, Northwestern is by far the biggest draw and most likely to travel well. Central draws decent crowds but does not compare to MNW. From Tally, Lincoln travels well.

In Orlando, Apopka, Seminole, Boone, Timber Creek, Oviedo, Lake Brantley and West Orange and maybe Dr. Phillips would be most likely to draw big crowds. Most other Orlando area teams do not have big fan bases. If Jones made the title game, as Orlando's oldest and only surviving historically black school with decades of existence, they may also draw a big crowd. 

Although Tampa is a short drive away, the Tampa area teams have usually not traveled well to Orlando. I believe Mainland would travel well if they made the title game. 

Honestly idk if we would bring close to our previous numbers from state 

Columbia probably would bring around 2-3k at most

Unless the school and community does a shutdown to travel it would probably be less than that

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Only one I saw when I googled.. just saw breakdown of the numbers is more what I was interested wth.