Northwestern vs Armwood

gatorman-uf

2 minutes ago, topnotch305 said:

NW coaches made it closer than it was along with the refs... If NW keeping giving 34 the ball instead of 4 they win easily.. Atwell 150 soaking wet why call a qb sneak with him on 4th and short? This game could've easily been 28 to 9 at very least... But hey the west still pulled it off. Armwood was holding like crazy all night! 

Damn near every play!!! I swear I was watching a UM game that’s how much Armwood oline was holding..

4 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

NW coaches made it closer than it was along with the refs... If NW keeping giving 34 the ball instead of 4 they win easily.. Atwell 150 soaking wet why call a qb sneak with him on 4th and short? This game could've easily been 28 to 9 at very least... But hey the west still pulled it off. Armwood was holding like crazy all night! 

Not sure how you can say that. Both defenses were dominant all night, nothing came easy for NW offensively last night.

As for the officiating, I think we can all agree it was horrendous, however it was horrendous all around with blown/bs calls hurting both teams, certainly didn't hurt NW any more than it did Armwood. Mind you the crazy Atwell touchdown run shouldn't have even counted, it was an illegal formation but the refs missed it.

Anyways, even despite the bad officiating, still a great game. I love watching two great defenses going blow for blow with each other. Too bad both those teams graduate alot of talent, I'd love to see a rematch next year. Hopefully they can reload nicely

Great to see the West offically back as state champs again as well!

1 hour ago, FLFB said:

Not sure how you can say that. Both defenses were dominant all night, nothing came easy for NW offensively last night.

As for the officiating, I think we can all agree it was horrendous, however it was horrendous all around with blown/bs calls hurting both teams, certainly didn't hurt NW any more than it did Armwood. Mind you the crazy Atwell touchdown run shouldn't have even counted, it was an illegal formation but the refs missed it.

Anyways, even despite the bad officiating, still a great game. I love watching two great defenses going blow for blow with each other. Too bad both those teams graduate alot of talent, I'd love to see a rematch next year. Hopefully they can reload nicely

Great to see the West offically back as state champs again as well!

300 yards of offense for NW and 150 for Armwood I wouldn't say their defense was dominant all night... And it was easy for me to say because like u have yours about the game that's my opinion.. Armwood defense was getting tired and we kept them in the game with some questionable play calling...

13 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

13 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Damn near every play!!! I swear I was watching a UM game that’s how much Armwood oline was holding..

I did not get to see the game, but looking at the Play-by-Play stats, it looks like NW got flagged 8 times in the fourth quarter and Armwood had no penalties that quarter.  Just curious what was going on (in your opinions) to prompt it, ie was the game getting very chippy toward the end?  Overall, looks like Raines and NW were flagged far more than any of the other teams this weekend,  

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I did not get to see the game, but looking at the Play-by-Play stats, it looks like NW got flagged 8 times in the fourth quarter and Armwood had no penalties that quarter.  Just curious what was going on (in your opinions) to prompt it, ie was the game getting very chippy toward the end?  Overall, looks like Raines and NW were flagged far more than any of the other teams this weekend,  

The pass interference were legit except for  1 but yea penalties kept Armwood in that game...

9 hours ago, topnotch305 said:

300 yards of offense for NW and 150 for Armwood I wouldn't say their defense was dominant all night... And it was easy for me to say because like u have yours about the game that's my opinion.. Armwood defense was getting tired and we kept them in the game with some questionable play calling...

100 of those yards came on 2 plays, during a stretch where Armwood's offense went 3 and out like 4 or 5 straight possesions. Any defense would get tired when the offense is going 3 and out every drive

NW had 200 yds of offense outside those 2 plays, and sure enough once Armwood's offense finally started to put together some drives with first downs after that 3 and out streak, their defense went right back to shutting down NW's offense

Also Armwood's offensive playcalling was way worse imo than NW's

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Regardless of how anyone tries to slice it the better football team won

Congrats to the MNW bulls on winning 6a

Now that playoffs over lets see which team goes to geico bowl series and who are favorites in 2018

Hope AHP or MNW goes it's a dam shame if MNW goes but AHP don't considering that AHP is the private school 

I kinda hope MNW goes so FL will prove that the people that say the only good teams in FL are private schools need to do better research on the state

Plus MNW was slept on all year because they didn't have a big out of state game like AHP or Miami Central 

A win by MNW in the bowl series would quiet the doubters about MNW being top 3 in FL in 2017

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I kinda hope MNW goes so FL will prove that the people that say the only good teams in FL are private schools need to do better research on the state

Plus MNW was slept on all year because they didn't have a big out of state game like AHP or Miami Central 

A win by MNW in the bowl series would quiet the doubters about MNW being top 3 in FL in 2017

Where do you get this from?

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The same people who think FL isn't a top caliber state

Lol you really listen to those folks ... I finded out long ago they don’t like fla but we’re the only ones that will travel and beat big time schools all the time... So let them talk...

On 12/10/2017 at 12:11 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Northwestern plays Chandler AZ on 12/23 in AZ.

Armwood QB tried to do it all himself... he ran well but he needed tokeep his head up and find those open guys from the scramble like Atwell did at times.

Running Snead to the outside against THAT defense as much as Armwood did was not a good game plan.

Armwood Oline especially 70 and 76 got ate... It was not even funny.  I think both are sophomores.. .They were not ready for that!

Did not realize the illegal formation but I still think MNW wins that game.

How many passes did Armwood WR's drop?  Guys were fighting the ball with their hands... Its not boxing ya know.