Tallahassee Lincoln & NFC

OldSchoolLion

Over the past 5 years, Lincoln, which used to consistently be a contender for state titles, has not been able to get past the second round.  Was curious what happened to the program.

Has NFC dropped off as well or is this just a function of the move up to 2A?  I could see a school like that really draining talent in the Tallahassee area, but my impression is that they do not do so as much as some other private schools.  Not sure if that is true or not.

NFC benefited from Ernie Sims from his 8th grade year until he graduated. Not sure about Lincoln, but I’m sure Godby and Rickards being good doesn’t help with kids wanting to leave like in the past to go to Lincoln. Probably coaching changes as well, just a couple of random thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, FloTech said:

I don't think we shoulda played them tho it looks like coach will play name brand teams that used to be good or state champs who are in rebuilding year 

They were a ok team who caught 2 teams sleeping to get 2 wins in November before getting bounced by bartram trail 

They better hope they don't play us in 2018 bc i seen what happens when we get playoff rematches in the following year, it goes Columbia's favor everytime I've been out there 

38 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They were a ok team who caught 2 teams sleeping to get 2 wins in November before getting bounced by bartram trail 

They better hope they don't play us in 2018 bc i seen what happens when we get playoff rematches in the following year, it goes Columbia's favor everytime I've been out there 

Even if you beat Lincoln in the first round, wouldn't that just be just putting off the inevitable knowing you would have to face Lee in the second round?  I heard Lee already had a 2018 district championship banner made up and their fans are practicing a "Who's your Daddy?" chant for your game next year.  Are these rumors true?:blink::P

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Even if you beat Lincoln in the first round, wouldn't that just be just putting off the inevitable knowing you would have to face Lee in the second round?  I heard Lee already had a 2018 district championship banner made up and their fans are practicing a "Who's your Daddy?" chant for your game next year.  Are these rumors true?:blink::P

That would be dumb on their part considering Lee is losing their entire offense 

Plus we would have not played Lee until 3rd round bc of the new playoff format 

41 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Tallahassee is terrible at football. All the teams aren't very good. When any team leaves the state they get embarrassed. By average teams mind you. 

And when they leave the area more embarrassment. 

Gotta be the one of the worst cities in the state for football 

Tallahassee is a unique place.  I cannot think of any other state capital that has a major football university in it yet has such a relatively small population.  Even so, with FSU there I would expect Leon County to have a lot of support for hs football.

In ancient times, Leon had a great program.  But that didn't last.  Lincoln and Godby have had moments of brilliance, but not totally consistent over the years.   Pensacola is another area that has really fallen off compared to how things were in years past.

Go across the border into Alabama and Georgia and not too far away from these places you have some very good football.  It is not as if there is no talent there.

19 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Tallahassee is a unique place.  I cannot think of any other state capital that has a major football university in it yet has such a relatively small population.  Even so, with FSU there I would expect Leon County to have a lot of support for hs football.

In ancient times, Leon had a great program.  But that didn't last.  Lincoln and Godby have had moments of brilliance, but not totally consistent over the years.   Pensacola is another area that has really fallen off compared to how things were in years past.

Go across the border into Alabama and Georgia and not too far away from these places you have some very good football.  It is not as if there is no talent there.

Pensacola's drop off seemed to coincide with the military budget cutbacks at Eglin AFB and Pensacola NAS.  As for Tallahassee's issue it seems to have gone down hill since Chiles opened and school zones were changed.

9 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

Pensacola's drop off seemed to coincide with the military budget cutbacks at Eglin AFB and Pensacola NAS.  As for Tallahassee's issue it seems to have gone down hill since Chiles opened and school zones were changed.

I heard some little school down by Apalachicola with cool uniforms is building the next 1A state champion and has been pulling all the good players away.:D

On 1/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, nolebull813 said:

Tallahassee is terrible at football. All the teams aren't very good. When any team leaves the state they get embarrassed. By average teams mind you. 

And when they leave the area more embarrassment. 

Gotta be the one of the worst cities in the state for football 

Tallahassee despite being a Urban city (like Gainesville) they have teams where unless all the studs go them then they won't be elite in large classifications (5a-8a)

However a team like NFC could be successful in 2a if just a few studs transferred there