Blountstown coach coming to PSJ

Panhandle Jet

I found this and thought I would share for others like myself who did not his history.  Must be tough to leave your alma mater.

Greg Jordan was born in 1969, in Florala, Alabama. He attended Blountstown High and played J.V football under Coach Billy Jones during his freshmen year. The team went undefeated that year with a 7-0 record. The next three years Coach Jordan started at QB on varsity under Coach David Pitts.  After graduating in 1987 from Blountstown High, he moved on to play football at Valdosta State but due to a shoulder injury, his football career ended. Coach Jordan decided to go to Chipola and from there moved on to Florida State University and earned a degree in Physical Education

I know a lot of thought and prayer goes into a move like this.  Coach Jordan has had tiger blood running through his veins forever and has banged heads with St Joe as a player and coach, to take the helm of your fiercest rival must be quite a strange feeling.  He is a fantastic coach and I am not sure the administration at Blountstown appreciated just how appreciated just how good he is.  If he takes the job at Port St Joe ;) he will enjoy great support and be very appreciated.  PSJ should have about 17 seniors next year so there will be a lot of talent to work with too.