Ultimate Florida Football Quiz

OldSchoolLion

Name at least 4 things each of these 37 football programs have in common?

American Heritage/Plantation

Astronaut

Bartow

Benjamin

Bishop Moore

Bolles

Bradford

Carol City

Chamberlain

Clewiston

Columbus 

Coral Gables

Frostproof

Glades Day

Hillsborough

Lake Brantley

Lake Wales

Lakeland

Leon 

Manatee

Merritt Island

Milton

Naples

Niceville

Palatka

Palm Bay

Pensacola

Pine Forest

Riverview

St Augustine

St Thomas Aquinas

South Dade

South Sumter

Tampa Catholic

Union County

Vanguard

Wakulla

Just now, Sharkbait said:

1. Ask have at least one championship

2. All have been around over 30 years

I think 2 is right. Not sure about 1. Did either Chamberlin or Astronaut ever win a ship? Off the top of my head, and I stand corrected, I can't recall either winning a title.

That is a tough quiz. You have done at least one better than I did. I was laying a goose egg!

10 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Name at least 4 things each of these 37 football programs have in common?

American Heritage/Plantation

Astronaut

Bartow

Benjamin

Bishop Moore

Bolles

Bradford

Carol City

Chamberlain

Clewiston

Columbus 

Coral Gables

Frostproof

Glades Day

Hillsborough

Lake Brantley

Lake Wales

Lakeland

Leon 

Manatee

Merritt Island

Milton

Naples

Niceville

Palatka

Palm Bay

Pensacola

Pine Forest

Riverview

St Augustine

St Thomas Aquinas

South Dade

South Sumter

Tampa Catholic

Union County

Vanguard

Wakulla

How about someone from each of those played in the NFL, and maybe in the SuperBowl?

6 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

I know they are all old schools, I knew lots of them had won championships but wasn't sure about all. Most have played in multiple classes.  I think most have probably had a coach with 100 plus wins.

If that's case then Columbia needs to be added bc we have 2 coaches in our history with 100 wins

HINT: If you are very familiar with football in a certain area of the state, focus on the teams from your area.  For instance, there are 6 Dade/Broward County teams on the list.  There are 3 Polk County teams on the list.  There are a number of panhandle teams on the list.  

Look for four things in common amongst those schools from your area, and hint, hint, the trends may be similar throughout the state.  If you are familiar with Polk County football history, I can think of one thing that should slap you in the face about Lakeland, Bartow and Lake Wales? 

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

HINT: If you are very familiar with football in a certain area of the state, focus on the teams from your area.  For instance, there are 6 Dade/Broward County teams on the list.  There are 3 Polk County teams on the list.  There are a number of panhandle teams on the list.  

Look for four things in common amongst those schools from your area, and hint, hint, the trends may be similar throughout the state.  If you are familiar with Polk County football history, I can think of one thing that should slap you in the face about Lakeland, Bartow and Lake Wales? 

How many do we already have correct? 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How many do we already have correct? 

Columbia

When you had a question like this(Name four things....) on a test at Columbia HS, did you walk up to the teacher and ask him how many you had right so far, son?  I head that school was easy:P  

Submit your 4 answers and we will see:D  I will say, that Sharkbait feller is purdy smart and may be getting warm;)

All of these schools have been winning football games for a long time.  That's a good thing to know. 

38 minutes ago, badbird said:

1. Each teams wears a helmet during games

2.  They all have a weight room

3.  They all have a mascot

4.  They all have a coach

...very clever, but I am terribly disappointed with you badbird:wacko:None of your responses were correct.  :P

1. Coaches and some players on the sidelines do not wear helmets during games.:ph34r:

2. That used to be true, but not anymore.  Aquinas' linemen ate all of their weights and somebody stole Frostproof's dumbell. :o

3. That used to be true, but the new transfer rules have impacted team mascots as well, so some teams have vacancies.  Astronaut's  war eagle has transferred to Wakulla.  And Frostproof's bulldog went to Bolles(even the mascots are going to the private schools now!).     Lakeland used to have a mascot, but the Navy took it back.:blink:  

4.  They all have coaches, not just a "coach.":(  And at this moment, some teams do not actually have a head coach due to vacancies.

Nice try though, badbird.:lol:

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...very clever, but I am terribly disappointed with you badbird:wacko:None of your responses were correct.  :P

1. Coaches and some players on the sidelines do not wear helmets during games.:ph34r:

2. That used to be true, but not anymore.  Aquinas' linemen ate all of their weights and somebody stole Frostproof's dumbell. :o

3. That used to be true, but the new transfer rules have impacted team mascots as well, so some teams have vacancies.  Astronaut's  war eagle has transferred to Wakulla.  And Frostproof's bulldog went to Bolles(even the mascots are going to the private schools now!).     Lakeland used to have a mascot, but the Navy took it back.:blink:  

4.  They all have coaches, not just a "coach.":(  And at this moment, some teams do not actually have a head coach due to vacancies.

Nice try though, badbird.:lol:

thanks I will need to think harder next time.  Loved your response.