Fleming Island improves to 10-0 against County Rival Orange Park

Joker99

In 2003 a brand new school opened in Clay County. The school was beautiful, it still is to this day. The football team struggled when the school opened. Today that seems like it was so long ago. Those days for Fleming Island are long gone. Last night the Golden Eagles finished the regular season undefeated for the second time in school history. But now that is history. The Golden Eagles will begin next week a journey that in years past has been cut short by would be State Finalists. A journey that ended last year with a loss in Talahasseee in the first round of the playoffs. I can only think of one player who has started on offense or defense with a playoff win under their belt. The majority of our seniors are 0-1 in the playoffs. Each senior class writes their own chapter in the history of our program and most of the chapter is written in the playoffs. As it stands right now the class of 2014 is gonna have a very short chapter in that book. It'll probably go something like this "yeah they were good, but they never won a playoff game". That all can change over the next 5 weeks.

How do you want to be remembered? That's the question each and every one of our players is gonna have to ask themselves. I said after the loss to Lincoln last year that the sky is the limit for this team. The opportunity is right in front of us, but we have to take advantage of it. It all starts next week against a very, very good Oak Ridge football team. With alot of talent and speed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Ocala Vanguard https://x.com/VanguardFB/status/1772951193179840761?s=20
    • Just wait till spring is over and the top RB in the area will take his talent to 1 Indian Ave. 
    • This will be an interesting story to follow.  Venice has no proven RB headed in to spring which will be a first for a long time.  They have produced several Dairy Farmers player of the years in that position.  They also will have a massive offensive line with 2 three year starters who return as well as some stud young kids.  They will probably average around 6'4 295 on the line which is huge for Venice standards.  I just wonder if this will change before the start of the season.  I still fell like someone will show up.
    • Are you still talking to me??  Thought I was pretty clear for you not to waste your breath on this subject matter, but somehow you are missing the point.  Teacher unions have limited power in FL because the candidates they overwhelming support keep losing.  If they had won, the teacher union vote had a lot to do with it and would be wielding that power.  Osceola county which isn't a GOP stronghold during the past two national elections had the journalism students for the OHS monthly newsletter (Kowboy Jake) interview the faculty as to their political leanings.  A sample of about 30 teachers that were interviewed were voting as follows:  25 D vs 5 R.  Enough said.  
    • You missed the point of my union post. Teacher unions in strong union states have power. Florida unions have zero. They cant strike and the school board can implement a contract without the unions approval. Florida unions are not preventing any raise in Florida. The state has attacked a straw man here. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors