2018 FL vs. OOS Schedule/Results

SportsNut25

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This is why i say FL is the best football state 

I don't know any other state where other states (including power states)  will dodge good competition just to play scraps

Georgia, California and Texas will all for the most part avoid our top teams (sure we get a few every now and then but not enough to make for the scrap games) 

Yeah Georgia avoids top teams like the plague. They beat all our worst teams and then brag about the W/L record. 

A few years ago Miami Central and Booker T both contacted Lowndes about coming up. I know because I gave both of them the phone number and email. 

Lowndes ended up picking 0-10 Bayside 

23 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah Georgia avoids top teams like the plague. They beat all our worst teams and then brag about the W/L record. 

A few years ago Miami Central and Booker T both contacted Lowndes about coming up. I know because I gave both of them the phone number and email. 

Lowndes ended up picking 0-10 Bayside 

Lowndes hasn't played a good team oos since they almost lost to plant, they know they wouldn't have a chance against any top 10 team in Florida 

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@nolebull813

I see on twitter cocoa looking for week 4 game,  anyone you know of looking for a game that week? 

In state or out of state? 

Where did you see that at on Twitter? They already have a full 10 game schedule and that's not including the KOC unless Everglades Prep backed out of their game.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:15 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lowndes hasn't played a good team oos since they almost lost to plant, they know they wouldn't have a chance against any top 10 team in Florida 

"Wouldn't have a chance."...disagree. Below are Florida's top 15 public school teams, according to Maxpreps.  I did not see them play last year, but based on the scores I saw and competition they played, last year's Lowndes team could give some of these teams all they could handle, if not beat them.

As far as being "complete" teams, even some of our better teams in Florida are lacking.  I've mentioned in another post, if you matched Georgia's best public schools versus comparably-sized schools in Florida, it would be much closer than many think.  

If you spent a season watching Georgia's top teams, as I have, you would be blown away.  In terms of individual talent, FL gets the nod.  But in terms of teams and team play, it is not that far apart. 

Venice

Northwestern

Central

Armwood

Dr Phillips

St Augustine

Raines

Cocoa

Wekiva

Bartram Trail 

Carol City

Immokalee

Madison County

Plant

Riverview     

12 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Sportsnut knows much more about OA than I do so he might be able to give the low down on them. 

Heard they lost a ton of senior talent and are de-emphasizing athletics. 

With that said they should still win by 30

They will still have talent this year 

@BrowardHandicapper might be able to tell you about oxbridge academy 

I asked him about them a few days ago 

Windermere Prep was supposed to go to Alaska to play a team as posted on maxpreps but the game fell through. 

A side note is they are looking for a week 1 game and working with Disney to try and play that Lakewood CA team. Oxbridge has too much turmoil and uncertainty and it would be too expensive for that CA team to travel here only to have their game canceled

30 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Windermere Prep was supposed to go to Alaska to play a team as posted on maxpreps but the game fell through. 

A side note is they are looking for a week 1 game and working with Disney to try and play that Lakewood CA team. Oxbridge has too much turmoil and uncertainty and it would be too expensive for that CA team to travel here only to have their game canceled

So this is 3rd different opponent for Lakewood 

Well maybe they can sign up for a good FL team and see what happens when you don't play FL scraps 

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So this is 3rd different opponent for Lakewood 

Well maybe they can sign up for a good FL team and see what happens when you don't play FL scraps 

...food for thought, Columbia.  A family with a few kids coming to Disney from out West to see their son/brother play will likely end up spending thousands of dollars to do so.  Multiply that times all the families involved and we are talking a huge investment.

So, there is probably a strong motivation to schedule a team that they can beat (or at least have a chance) so that all involved have an enjoyable experience.  ...similar to scheduling a weaker team for homecoming.

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...food for thought, Columbia.  A family with a few kids coming to Disney from out West to see their son/brother play will likely end up spending thousands of dollars to do so.  Multiply that times all the families involved and we are talking a huge investment.

So, there is probably a strong motivation to schedule a team that they can beat (or at least have a chance) so that all involved have an enjoyable experience.  ...similar to scheduling a weaker team for homecoming.

Then they should convince someone like De La Salle or something like that to come over to FL 

It's ridiculous that when FL is the host and we are still fighting over politics of a game to get someone oos to come over when they are going to look for a easy win then prop themselves up

A lot of these schools would make a team like South Broward look like St Thomas Aquinas when they brag about winning

Texas gets favorable matchups,  Georgia gets favorable matchups, California gets favorable matchups 

Why does FL always get stuck at a huge disadvantage 

9 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I get that but maybe a team getting crushed week 1 might help them grow as a team and make them better later in the season 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I get that but maybe a team getting crushed week 1 might help them grow as a team and make them better later in the season 

...no doubt. 

But when big money is involved, there are many people who are more interested in feeling happy for their "investment" than moral victories, especially when family members are involved..  

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

That is the entire Disney event in a nutshell 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...