Spring Games 2018

TitanUp

So since our new field won't be ready in time for the spring game versus Apopka, we are now having a three team jamboree with Apopka, Pine Ridge and us at Pine Ridge High School. Oh btw, we have finally been given permission for a actual field at our school. 7 years in and we will finally play a true home schedule this coming fall. Can't wait for that first Friday night as we are playing our "rival" Deltona.....I put "rival" in quotes because they have never beaten us and as far as I'm concerned to be a true rival you should have actually beaten the other team!!

3 minutes ago, TitanUp said:

So since our new field won't be ready in time for the spring game versus Apopka, we are now having a three team jamboree with Apopka, Pine Ridge and us at Pine Ridge High School. Oh btw, we have finally been given permission for a actual field at our school. 7 years in and we will finally play a true home schedule this coming fall. Can't wait for that first Friday night as we are playing our "rival" Deltona.....I put "rival" in quotes because they have never beaten us and as for as I'm concerned to be a true rival you should have actually beaten the other team!!

Sounds like a interesting little jamboree.....Congratulations on a well deserved Home field to what has been a very sound program the last 4 years.  OCU has has been heading in the right direction since HC Brian Kells took over in 2013.  Wasn't HC Kells a Asst. Coach over at Deland for several years?

I thought I actually had heard somewhere that Deland was expected to be on the rise for 2018?  

17 minutes ago, TitanUp said:

So since our new field won't be ready in time for the spring game versus Apopka, we are now having a three team jamboree with Apopka, Pine Ridge and us at Pine Ridge High School. Oh btw, we have finally been given permission for a actual field at our school. 7 years in and we will finally play a true home schedule this coming fall. Can't wait for that first Friday night as we are playing our "rival" Deltona.....I put "rival" in quotes because they have never beaten us and as far as I'm concerned to be a true rival you should have actually beaten the other team!!

If that's the case we may need Suwannee dropped as a rival since they have lost 10 straight years to us lol

7 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Sounds like a interesting little jamboree.....Congratulations on a well deserved Home field to what has been a very sound program the last 4 years.  OCU has has been heading in the right direction since HC Brian Kells took over in 2013.  Wasn't HC Kells a Asst. Coach over at Deland for several years?

I thought I actually had heard somewhere that Deland was expected to be on the rise for 2018?  

Deland used to be solid team back in 90s, hope they get back to winning ways and make a already deep 8a that much better 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:33 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Kells was actually at Deltona prior to coming to University when the school opened. However we do have a few coaches from DeLand that were part of the staffs that went to the state final in 2009. Also have a couple ex DeLand players who now coach at University. We have progressively gotten better and have a very solid team this year. Also have two incoming freshman who just fast as lightning and have that same look as Lorenzo when he first arrived. We shall see.

DeLand has a very good group returning this year then add in the return of Avantae Williams and Demaurez Bellamy along with the emergence of WR Dionte Marks and you have a possible return to those winning ways. Coach Allen has a quality staff as well, they should be very good this year!! 

3 minutes ago, TitanUp said:

Kells was actually at Deltona prior to coming to University when the school opened. However we do have a few coaches from DeLand that were part of the staffs that went to the state final in 2009. Also have a couple ex DeLand players who now coach at University. We have progressively gotten better and have a very solid team this year. Also have two incoming freshman who just fast as lightning and have that same look as Lorenzo when he first arrived. We shall see.

DeLand has a very good group returning this year then add in the return of Avantae Williams and Demaurez Bellamy along with the emergence of WR Dionte Marks and you have a possible return to those winning ways. Coach Allen has a quality staff as well, they should be very good this year!! 

Thanks for some good insight on some history to the programs in that area.  Looking forward to what DeLand brings for 2018 and perhaps OC finally getting a home field could be enough of a small boost to make a run towards Orlando!

58 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Would be nice to see Rickards do well this season.  They have a coach who has made a long-term investment in the program.

In my opinion rickards has been best team in Tallahassee last 2 years 

I wish someone could fill us in on that area though so we would know what to expect in 2018

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's weird, I almost never see schools that play each other in the regular season meet up in the spring. 

And from the little research I've done, it seems like Godby and Rickards have been just about even the last two seasons. If Rickards has been better, it hasnt been by much

1 hour ago, DB4 said:

It's weird, I almost never see schools that play each other in the regular season meet up in the spring. 

And from the little research I've done, it seems like Godby and Rickards have been just about even the last two seasons. If Rickards has been better, it hasnt been by much

This year rickards and Godby were about even 

2016 rickards was best in Tallahassee though 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FloTech said:

Viera ain't got no offense 

There passing game will only get better as times goes by plus they have a new receivers coach from cocoa who's also a top notch track coach. They still have a top notch receiver that will only get better along with their stout defense. But we will find out how good they are when Vero heads to Viera.

20 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

There passing game will only get better as times goes by plus they have a new receivers coach from cocoa who's also a top notch track coach. They still have a top notch receiver that will only get better along with their stout defense. But we will find out how good they are when Vero heads to Viera.

You think they are a deep playoff team this year