Did you know that Vero beat Pahokee in the KOC in 2004

FloTech

13 hours ago, FloTech said:

Nice I wonder if you know what the schedule looked like in 2004

For Vero. They finished 4-2 and lost in the first round. Yes 4-2. Lol. 

Beat Wellington 44-10

Forfeit win vs Palm Beach Gardens 

Lost vs Palm Beach Lakes 17-21

beat Royal Palm 13-12

beat Port St Lucie 61-6 

lost in the 1st round to Deerfield Beach 20-28

44 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

For Vero. They finished 4-2 and lost in the first round. Yes 4-2. Lol. 

Beat Wellington 44-10

Forfeit win vs Palm Beach Gardens 

Lost vs Palm Beach Lakes 17-21

beat Royal Palm 13-12

beat Port St Lucie 61-6 

lost in the 1st round to Deerfield Beach 20-28

It was a hurricane shorten season that year

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee has won in Vero...has Vero ever won in Pahokee (regular season)? Pahokee has beaten some talented Vero teams (Z. Matta, the Jackson olineman)

Corbin Weaver played on those teams that y'all beat he was rb those teams were coached by Coggins they too where supposed to go deep in the playoffs 

Why do people put stock into Kickoff Classic and Spring Games? 

I will never understand why in a pre-season game people get super excited if they win, because for me the game is purposely designed to be a practice game. Yes, it it more than a controlled scrimmage, but it certainly is not a regular season game or playoff game. 

4 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I will never understand why in a pre-season game people get super excited if they win, because for me the game is purposely designed to be a practice game. Yes, it it more than a controlled scrimmage, but it certainly is not a regular season game or playoff game. 

Not at Vero you shoulda been there for the Dwyer games and Heritage and Viera games they were played like a real game

4 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Maybe because some teams play better teams in kickoff classics then they will play in the regular season??

2016 the best team we stepped on the field with was Apopka 

No team on our regular season schedule would have beaten apopka

You see matchups like mainland vs apopka 

Vero vs viera

BTW vs AHP 

You telling me that those matchups don't peak interest? 

1 minute ago, FloTech said:

Ik darter saw our game against Viera and said it was played like a regular season game 

Same with us lol

I just wish i got a chance to catch up with darter at the game 

Guess one these days darter should come up to Lake City since i already made travel to apopka @DarterBlue2

;)

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I just wish i got a chance to catch up with darter at the game 

Guess one these days darter should come up to Lake City since i already made travel to apopka @DarterBlue2

Maybe sooner than you think. I have always wanted to check out the famed jungle. Now that I am retired, I have a little more time on my hands. When schedules for all Orlando area teams are posted, I will take a look at which weeks seems relatively bare in the area. If I find a bad week with no Apopka district game and no other big games in the greater Orlando area, I may make the trip up if Columbia has a good opponent.

4 hours ago, FloTech said:

How is apopka the city

You have old Apopka and you have new Apopka. Old Apopka is part rural, part small town and part inner city. New Apopka is mostly suburban and ranges from lower middle income to upper income. Old Apopka provides most of the talent on the football team, but not all. New Apopka has come about as the Metro Orlando area grew, and people working in the area had a need for more housing. 

The three main roads running near or through the heart of Apopka are 441, known as Main Street when it passes through Apopka; Park Avenue which started off as Apopka Vineland Road and then becomes Rock Springs Road later on; and a section of 436 which ends when it merges into 441. 

There is not a lot for young people to do in downtown Apopka. But stuff is near enough (either in an Apopka zip code or in adjoining sections of Orange and Seminole counties) so that if you have transportation you can do city type stuff. 

Oh, and the town loves Apopka's football team. The school probably has the best consistent attendance in the Metro Orlando area. 

Don't know if the above helps a bit. I would be glad to answer more specific questions. 

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You have old Apopka and you have new Apopka. Old Apopka is part rural, part small town and part inner city. New Apopka is mostly suburban and ranges from lower middle income to upper income. Old Apopka provides most of the talent on the football team, but not all. New Apopka has come about as the Metro Orlando area grew, and people working in the area had a need for more housing. 

The three main roads running near or through the heart of Apopka are 441, known as Main Street when it passes through Apopka; Park Avenue which started off as Apopka Vineland Road and then becomes Rock Springs Road later on; and a section of 436 which ends when it merges into 441. 

There is not a lot for young people to do in downtown Apopka. But stuff is near enough (either in an Apopka zip code or in adjoining sections of Orange and Seminole counties) so that if you have transportation you can do city type stuff. 

Oh, and the town loves Apopka's football team. The school probably has the best consistent attendance in the Metro Orlando area. 

Don't know if the above helps a bit. I would be glad to answer more specific questions. 

How far is it from Orlando I'm going to Orlando in July 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Maybe sooner than you think. I have always wanted to check out the famed jungle. Now that I am retired, I have a little more time on my hands. When schedules for all Orlando area teams are posted, I will take a look at which weeks seems relatively bare in the area. If I find a bad week with no Apopka district game and no other big games in the greater Orlando area, I may make the trip up if Columbia has a good opponent.

Define good lol

8 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe because some teams play better teams in kickoff classics then they will play in the regular season??

2016 the best team we stepped on the field with was Apopka 

No team on our regular season schedule would have beaten apopka

You see matchups like mainland vs apopka 

Vero vs viera

BTW vs AHP 

You telling me that those matchups don't peak interest? 

In a pre-season game? Nope, not at all. If you want to play them, play them so the W or L goes on the record, otherwise it is a meaningless game where teams run base packages, are testing certain things out, and allowing many kids some game experience. BTW, for going all out and playing Apopka how did CHS do in the regular season? 3 losses in the first 4 games and only a 5 point win over your "rival"?

No, treat pre-season like pre-season.

16 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

In a pre-season game? Nope, not at all. If you want to play them, play them so the W or L goes on the record, otherwise it is a meaningless game where teams run base packages, are testing certain things out, and allowing many kids some game experience. BTW, for going all out and playing Apopka how did CHS do in the regular season? 3 losses in the first 4 games and only a 5 point win over your "rival"?

No, treat pre-season like pre-season.

Would have been more if it wasn't for refs trying to basically hand them the game 

What refs flag a team for nearly 200 yards? 

And that Gainesville team finished with like -17 yards rushing 

Fact is they were dominated physically and despite score looking close they were never going to win

But hey at least they generally make the game interesting, i don't think Suwannee has kept game closer than 2 tds since 2012