IMG vs. Mater Dei (CA)

SportsNut25

10 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Mater dei must have lost some fire power that will no longer have them at #1 in the nation type calibar because that’s the only reason i see why this game is played. 

Saw on national board they will still have 20 players with fbs offers vs 27 on img

Mater Dei this past year defeats img but this should be a competitive matchup 

I'm taking the coaching advantage in this game 

Mater Dei -  20 offered FBS recruits  (12 rated 4 star or higher) 

2019 class, 12 recruits - 1 five star, 5 four stars, 5 three stars, 1 two star   

60% of FBS recruits seniors 

2020 class,  8 recruits  -  3 five stars, 3 four stars,  two not rated yet           

40% of FBS recruits juniors 

IMG Academy  -  27 offered FBS recruits (12 rated 4 star or higher, currently only seniors)

2019 class,  24 recruits - 2 five stars, 10 four stars, 11 3 stars and an unrated Clemson verbal punter 

89% of FBS recruits seniors 

2020 class,    3 recruits - 2 three stars, one not rated yet                                                                                 

11% of FBS recruits juniors 

This was posted on the national board 

@"PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE)

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Which team has the coaching advantage? I know you read the football section on the national board more than I do.

I personally got to give coaching edge to mater Dei 

From what I've seen in past few years with both teams img appears often undisciplined and rely too much on talent alone,  mater Dei from what i have seen not only have a very experienced coach on that sideline but also they seem to play disciplined and don't make a lot of mental errors (at least in games I've seen them in) 

If 2 teams are loaded in talent edge goes to coaching 

From what I have gathered MD should have played IMG last season where they were basically unstoppable. Lost a whole bunch to graduation. Still have their outstanding QB and their three best RBs. Lost their most productive WRs which seems to be a big part of their offense. Same with their defense. Lost most of their most productive players. IMG will be a senior laden team in 2018. However they have a new QB and have lost Hightower. IMG always seems to rise to the occasion no matter and playing away never seems to bother them. I think this should be a very competitive game.

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

From what I have gathered MD should have played IMG last season where they were basically unstoppable. Lost a whole bunch to graduation. Still have their outstanding QB and their three best RBs. Lost their most productive WRs which seems to be a big part of their offense. Same with their defense. Lost most of their most productive players. IMG will be a senior laden team in 2018. However they have a new QB and have lost Hightower. IMG always seems to rise to the occasion no matter and playing away never seems to bother them. I think this should be a very competitive game.

Actually i think mater Dei qb moved up to college so they won't have the same qb

But regardless this should be a close game that comes down to better coaching staff which I feel is Mater Dei 

On 3/29/2018 at 7:34 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Actually i think mater Dei qb moved up to college so they won't have the same qb

But regardless this should be a close game that comes down to better coaching staff which I feel is Mater Dei 

I believe that JT Daniels was their starting QB in 2017 and he was a Junior. Did he go straight to college instead of becoming a Sr in 2018?

12 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I believe that JT Daniels was their starting QB in 2017 and he was a Junior. Did he go straight to college instead of becoming a Sr in 2018?

Daniels reclassified to class of 2018, and he did early enroll at USC. But don't feel too bad for Mater Dei, they went out and picked up a pretty good QB (Bryce Young, a 2020 dual threat from Cathedral).

On 3/28/2018 at 5:07 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Mater dei must have lost some fire power that will no longer have them at #1 in the nation type calibar because that’s the only reason i see why this game is played. 

They are still loaded, and will start Preseason Top 5  nationally.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'll take MD.  Actually pulling for IMG though.   This is a first haha. 

Pulling for Mater Dei and expect them to win

Not like IMG winning adds any credibility to the state of Florida or to my team

A lot out there don't view IMG as a FL team,  hell didn't ECHS on national board always list them as IMG Academy USA  Whenever they play

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pulling for Mater Dei and expect them to win

Not like IMG winning adds any credibility to the state of Florida or to my team

A lot out there don't view IMG as a FL team,  hell didn't ECHS on national board always list them as Academy (USA) Whenever they play

Don't care for IMG, just tired of Cali. 

10:30 eastern, Fox Sports Florida

Starting IMG quarterback David Baldwin (6-4, 220) might need to contain his emotions. He transferred from Southern California juggernaut Upland after last season

Another high profile Southern California product on IMG Academy is Oregon-bound wide receiver Josh Delgado, who last season had 55 catches for 960 yards and eight touchdowns at current No. 1 St. John Bosco (Bellflower).