2018 schedules

DB4

On 4/21/2018 at 9:40 AM, MC Rockets said:

Not official, but I think Mami Central's schedule will look like this. A tweak here or there may occur. 
Non-District games:
Cardinal Gibbons
STA
St. John's, DC
Ely
Edison
BTW
District games:
Norland
NW
CC
HML

Looking forward to that St John's game in DC and hope they can pull off the win.  Of late, it seems FL teams have had a difficult time against schools up that way.   In addition to Central, Deerfield Beach, Oxbridge, Melbourne Central Catholic, and AH Delray traveled up there and lost.     

Central has done an incredible job against OOS opponents in recent years.  I wonder if there is a public, inner city school in the entire country that has traveled and won as many games against quality opponents.

Bishop Gorman(NV) 24-20

Dematha(MD) 14-38

Hoover(AL) 24-21

Stephenson(GA) 21-20

Don Bosco(NJ) 50-21

Grayson(GA) 3-35

Elder(OH) 24-21

Camden County(GA) 42-45

Madison(TX) 48-6

Prattville(AL) 49-28

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Looking forward to that St John's game in DC and hope they can pull off the win.  Of late, it seems FL teams have had a difficult time against schools up that way.   In addition to Central, Deerfield Beach, Oxbridge, Melbourne Central Catholic, and AH Delray traveled up there and lost.     

Central has done an incredible job against OOS opponents in recent years.  I wonder if there is a public, inner city school in the entire country that has traveled and won as many games against quality opponents.

Bishop Gorman(NV) 24-20

Dematha(MD) 14-38

Hoover(AL) 24-21

Stephenson(GA) 21-20

Don Bosco(NJ) 50-21

Grayson(GA) 3-35

Elder(OH) 24-21

Camden County(GA) 42-45

Madison(TX) 48-6

Prattville(AL) 49-28

Viera has also played a home and home against Gonzaga going 1-1 in that series and Cocoa lost to Gonzaga in Maryland by a field goal or so if my memory is right 

22 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Viera has also played a home and home against Gonzaga going 1-1 in that series and Cocoa lost to Gonzaga in Maryland by a field goal or so if my memory is right 

Thanks Keem.  You inspired me to go back and look at the schedules.  Wow, we are 2-10 versus DC area teams(winning teams below in bold) in recent years and one of those wins was thanks to IMG.  We really need Central to represent.   It's amazing how many OOS games the teams from DC play.  They are not afraid to challenge.

Gonzaga @ Viera 31-19

Viera @ Gonzaga 21-6

Cocoa @ Gonzaga 17-14

Our Lady of Good Counsel @ Immokalee 33-0

Manatee @ Our Lady of Good Counsel 24-17 2OT

Central @ Dematha 38-14

Godby @ Dematha 26-9

Dematha @ AH Plantation 23-22

Orlando Jones @ St John's 49-30

AH Delray @ St John's 42-9

St John's @ Port Orange Atlantic 41-0

St John's @ IMG 35-2

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Thanks Keem.  You inspired me to go back and look at the schedules.  Wow, we are 2-10 versus DC area teams(winning teams below in bold) in recent years and one of those wins was thanks to IMG.  We really need Central to represent.   It's amazing how many OOS games the teams from DC play.  They are not afraid to challenge.

Gonzaga @ Viera 31-19

Viera @ Gonzaga 21-6

Cocoa @ Gonzaga 17-14

Our Lady of Good Counsel @ Immokalee 33-0

Manatee @ Our Lady of Good Counsel 24-17 2OT

Central @ Dematha 38-14

Godby @ Dematha 26-9

Dematha @ AH Plantation 23-22

Orlando Jones @ St John's 49-30

AH Delray @ St John's 42-9

St John's @ Port Orange Atlantic 41-0

St John's @ IMG 35-2

2 of those St John's game shouldn't have happened.

18 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

The St John's team that Central is playing has a brutal schedule this year, so either they are suicidal or know they have a stacked team.  They are playing 7 teams that could be/have been ranked in the top 100.  Playing Hoover/Central/IMG back-to-back...wow.  Gotta give em props for bravery.

8/25 Johns Creek (GA)

8/31 @ Hoover (AL)

9/8 Miami Central

9/15 IMG

9/22 Marietta (GA)

9/29 @ Christian Brothers (MO)   defending Missouri state champion and 95-11 since 2010

10/6 Bishop McNamara (MD)

10/13 Our Lady of Good Counsel (MD)

10/26 @ Dematha (MD)

11/3 @ Gonzaga (DC)

The St John's team that Central is playing has a brutal schedule this year, so either they are suicidal or know they have a stacked team.  They are playing 7 teams that could be/have been ranked in the top 100.  Playing Hoover/Central/IMG back-to-back...wow.  Gotta give em props for bravery.

8/25 Johns Creek (GA)

8/31 @ Hoover (AL)

9/8 Miami Central

9/15 IMG

9/22 Marietta (GA)

9/29 @ Christian Brothers (MO)   defending Missouri state champion and 95-11 since 2010

10/26 @ Dematha (MD)

11/3 @ Gonzaga (DC)

Sheesshhhh that have 0-10 written all over it for 45% of all high school football teams 

8/25 Johns Creek (GA)

8/31 @ Hoover (AL)

9/8 Miami Central

9/15 IMG

9/22 Marietta (GA)

10/26 @ Dematha (MD)

11/3 @ Gonzaga (DC)

How often can it be argued that Central could be in the bottom half of a team's schedule difficulty? Not saying it's for sure. But with that conference combined with those out-of-conference games... sheesh. Kudos to St. Johns for that beast of a schedule.

8 minutes ago, DB4 said:

How often can it be argued that Central could be in the bottom half of a team's schedule difficulty? Not saying it's for sure. But with that conference combined with those out-of-conference games... sheesh. Kudos to St. Johns for that beast of a schedule.

St Johns would be a 5A school in Florida.  Their roster shows 5 kids between 290 and 320 lbs.  These cats played De La Salle, St Joseph(NJ) and St John Bosco (CA) back-to-back last year.  Played IMG in 2014 and 2016 and comin back for more.  

Looks like their coach, a former player at West Virginia, has been an assistant with the program for many years and recently took over as head coach.  So the program appears to have some good continuity.  

7 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

8/25 Johns Creek (GA)

8/31 @ Hoover (AL)

9/8 Miami Central

9/15 IMG

9/22 Marietta (GA)

10/26 @ Dematha (MD)

11/3 @ Gonzaga (DC)

Oh they are stacked.  I will be amazed if they come out of that first 5 games without 2 losses. Central, IMG, and Marietta should be the teams to do it in that first 5. IMG  guaranteed and other 2 have good chances. Along with Dematha. So I can see them losing 3 but if they win out. Hands down top team.

19 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Oh they are stacked.  I will be amazed if they come out of that first 5 games without 2 losses. Central, IMG, and Marietta should be the teams to do it in that first 5. IMG  guaranteed and other 2 have good chances. Along with Dematha. So I can see them losing 3 but if they win out. Hands down top team.

You think Marietta will beat St Johns?  They have not been one of Georgia's top teams in recent years. 

Marietta has a brutal schedule this year, so maybe they know something we don't.  They are playing an away game at Our Lady of Good Counsel, so they have 2 DC area teams on their schedule.  Plus they are playing 2-time defending state champion Rome away and Grayson.  I would not be surprised if Rome, Grayson and St John's are all ranked Top 25 in at least one poll.  

You think Marietta will beat St Johns?  They have not been one of Georgia's top teams in recent years. 

Marietta has a brutal schedule this year, so maybe they know something we don't.  They are playing an away game at Our Lady of Good Counsel, so they have 2 DC area teams on their schedule.  Plus they are playing 2-time defending state champion Rome away and Grayson.  I would not be surprised if Rome, Grayson and St John's are all ranked Top 25 in at least one poll.  

Marietta is stacked as well and they are catching St.Johns after 2 brutal games against Miami Central and IMG.  They have the best chance.

17 hours ago, TheBeastWithin said:

let me give you all a little scheduling lesson. i'm going to give some fool on twitter his 15 minutes of fame.

Capture2.jpg

lets break this down.

sta and chaminade used to play all the time. in fact chaminade was sta's rival before cardinal gibbons. sta beat them 71-7 in 1981 and chaminade proceeded to drop sta. they haven't played each other since.

sta and cardinal gibbons were rivals for a long time. they played each other every year from 1964 to 2010 (except one hurricane year). sta beat gibbons 28-6 in 2010 which was the 15th straight win for sta. cardinal gibbons proceeded to drop sta. they haven't played each other since.

sta and american heritage have played once. sta won 38-7 and put a running clock on them. end of story.

the amount of ignorance and stupidity coming from dade county clowns on this topic is breathtaking.

@Zoe Boy, somebody with that name retweeted this stupidity. come on, man. your better than that.

You're going to be the one crying if/when this thread gets locked, but I have to ask: do you know for a fact that right now, today, STA is avoiding those other schools or that those other schools are avoiding STA? Or are you simply reciting things that happened years ago?

On 4/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, TheBeastWithin said:

let me give you all a little scheduling lesson. i'm going to give some fool on twitter his 15 minutes of fame.

Capture2.jpg

lets break this down.

sta and chaminade used to play all the time. in fact chaminade was sta's rival before cardinal gibbons. sta beat them 71-7 in 1981 and chaminade proceeded to drop sta. they haven't played each other since.

sta and cardinal gibbons were rivals for a long time. they played each other every year from 1964 to 2010 (except one hurricane year). sta beat gibbons 28-6 in 2010 which was the 15th straight win for sta. cardinal gibbons proceeded to drop sta. they haven't played each other since.

sta and american heritage have played once. sta won 38-7 and put a running clock on them. end of story.

the amount of ignorance and stupidity coming from dade county clowns on this topic is breathtaking.

@Zoe Boy, somebody with that name retweeted this stupidity. come on, man. your better than that.

That’s me I retweeted .. Same way you have info I have some info too.. Now granted you know more about STA then most of us which I suspect I know who you are, but ppl have opinions.. Only thing I’m close with when it comes to STA is coach Glen Holt WRs coach who I played with in HS... Idk everything about the Broward schools when it comes about why this school don’t play that school and what not... All I did was coach in Broward county before and built some relationships out there... Some of their words be 100 some be not...Now I’m no clown from Dade County that’s why you highlighted my name cause you see the twitter name and that zoe flag so you knew It was me... I know reasons why STA wasn’t playing Dade schools... That’s in the past now cause coach Harriot is there now and he doesn’t shy away from Dade schools since he’s been coach at USchool... Los if that tweet of somebody opinions bothers you, than I can’t help you bruh.. I still f with you tho.. 100

On 4/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, TheBeastWithin said:

Capture2.jpg

lets break this down.

BTW what’s your twitter handle since you watching?

1 hour ago, TheBeastWithin said:

the info i posted is factual. people on twitter have opinions, you're correct.

opinions not based on facts are fairly useless.

his opinions are not equivalent to my facts.

True that but I know some facts not like you but I know some... 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Zoe Boy said:

That’s me I retweeted .. Same way you have info I have some info too.. Now granted you know more about STA then most of us which I suspect I know who you are, but ppl have opinions.. Only thing I’m close with when it comes to STA is coach Glen Holt WRs coach who I played with in HS... Idk everything about the Broward schools when it comes about why this school don’t play that school and what not... All I did was coach in Broward county before and built some relationships out there... Some of their words be 100 some be not...Now I’m no clown from Dade County that’s why you highlighted my name cause you see the twitter name and that zoe flag so you knew It was me... I know reasons why STA wasn’t playing Dade schools... That’s in the past now cause coach Harriot is there now and he doesn’t shy away from Dade schools since he’s been coach at USchool... Los if that tweet of somebody opinions bothers you, than I can’t help you bruh.. I still f with you tho.. 100

Well said brother.