SportsNut25

Here are the contests (H/T NoleBull) 

Mainland vs. Bob Jones (AL) - 8/31 4:30
Cardinal Gibbons vs. Milton (GA) - 8/31 8:30
Chamiande Madonna vs. Muscle Shoals (AL) - 9/1 10A
AHP vs. St. Joseph's (NJ) - 9/1 1:30
Douglas vs. St. Matthews (Canada) - 9/1 5:00
Wekiva vs. North Gwinnett (GA) - 9/1 8:30

Milton has a solid program but is not amongst the Georgia elite.  They are is coming off a 9-3 season in what marked head coach Adam Clack’s first year at the school. The Eagles return a trio of highly ranked Class of 2019 prospects, including 3-star quarterback Jordan Yates, 3-star linebacker Allen Walker and Clemson commit Joseph Charleston, a 6-foot-2 safety. Rising junior Paul Tchio is a 4-star offensive tackle who stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 325 pounds.

...also on 8/31...2 of Georgia's elite are playing in Buford, about 25 miles east of Milton 

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/buford/buford-grayson-to-host-out-of-state-football-powers-in/article_2740da38-1928-11e8-b63c-8f66373f42f9.html

These games could really hurt attendance at the games in Milton.  Very likely that folks in Georgia will attend the games in Buford instead.

If anyone goes, you do not want to be on the road in Atlanta on Friday afternoon between 4-7 pm...trust me.  It once took me 2.5 hours to get from the airport on the south side of town to the north side of town.   

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...also on 8/31...2 of Georgia's elite are playing in Buford, about 25 miles east of Milton 

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/buford/buford-grayson-to-host-out-of-state-football-powers-in/article_2740da38-1928-11e8-b63c-8f66373f42f9.html

These games could really hurt attendance at the games in Milton.  Very likely that folks in Georgia will attend the games in Buford instead.

If anyone goes, you do not want to be on the road in Atlanta on Friday afternoon between 4-7 pm...trust me.  It once took me 2.5 hours to get from the airport on the south side of town to the north side of town.   

Trust me I believe it but I’m back in Florida as of Saturday night so I’ll be catching my panthers in person and other elite games possibly ...

On 4/16/2018 at 4:48 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Is Milton ga any good ?

They will be as good as theyve been in a while this upcoming season (2015 was a good year for them too).

They arent a perennial power in GA by any stretch, but they do have a solid season every once in a while where they may be borderline Top 100. 2018 should be one of those seasons. 

Like wad stated above, they have a few studs... And they are going into the 2nd year under a new HC. Their 1st game of the season is against Archer, who will undoubtedly start in GAs preseason Top 5. Thatll tell us where they stand.

That said, CG should still win. They look poised for a state title run.

Id say something like CG 28-17, 31-21... Something like that.

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They will be as good as theyve been in a while this upcoming season (2015 was a good year for them too).

They arent a perennial power in GA by any stretch, but they do have a solid season every once in a while where they may be borderline Top 100. 2018 should be one of those seasons. 

Like wad stated above, they have a few studs... And they are going into the 2nd year under a new HC. Their 1st game of the season is against Archer, who will undoubtedly start in GAs preseason Top 5. Thatll tell us where they stand.

That said, CG should still win. They look poised for a state title run.

Id say something like CG 28-17, 31-21... Something like that.

How much should north gwinnett bring back? 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:15 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How much should north gwinnett bring back? 

NG brings back 8 on offense and 7 on defense. NG should be good. Preseason Top 5 in GA.

The players they did lose were big time, but they have some big time returners too.

I see Wekiva rated pretty highly in FL this preseason too. They have a strong Senior class.

• 4 months later...

Next weekend, a bunch of Florida teams head north to Georgia.  Have done some separate posts about those games.  Here are the remainder.  AHP, Chaminade-Madonna, Cardinal Gibbons and Mainland will all be coming in with 0-1 records.   

American Heritage Plantation vs St. Joseph Regional (NJ) St Joseph is a Garden State powerhouse that finished 8-4 last season and beat Deerfield Beach. The Green Knights boast 4-star offensive tackle John Olmstead (6-foot-6, 290 pounds), 4-star defensive end Howard Cross (6-foot-2, 240 pounds) and 3-star safety Connor Grieco (6-foot-3, 198 pounds) in the Class of 2019, as well as the state’s No. 1-rated Class of 2020 prospect in 6-foot-4, 270-pound guard Luke Wypler.

Chaminade-Madonna vs Muscle Shoals(AL) Muscle Shoals produced a 9-3 record in Alabama’s Class 6A last season. They would be a 4A school in Florida.  Three-star Class of 2019 quarterback Terrell McDonald will be back under center, while Class of 2020 middle linebacker Jackson Bratton (Alabama commit) will spearhead the Trojans defense.

Mainland vs Bob Jones(AL)  Bob Jones finished 8-4 last season, falling 22-21 to Mountain Brook in the Class 7A state playoffs. They would be a 4A school in Florida.  The Patriots return plenty of talent, including 3-star cornerback Jaydon Hill.

Douglas vs St. Matthews Catholic (Ottawa, Canada) The Tigers are coached by Jean Guillaume and have held a tryout this spring to field the team that will be representing “The Land of 10 Provinces” in the inaugural Freedom Bowl. Tiger teammates Xavier Gervais (QB) and Alex Ross (OL) played in the 8th annual International Bowl in Arlington, Texas, this past January as members of Team Ontario.

This will be a disaster event for Florida teams.  Stoneman Douglas is hot garbage.  This Canadian team has been having open tryouts in recruiting all around the country. 

Mainland is a shell of their self. They will have their worst year since 2010.  Bob Jones is state ranked 

AHP got worked by a nationally ranked power and lost way too much firepower to keep up with SJR who is always stacked with talent and great coaching. AHP leaves a lot to be desired coaching wise.  They are used to just having much more talent than their opponents.  For this game they will have neither

Wekiva has a great defense but so does NG. But Wekiva won't be able to score points and keep pace with NG. North Gwinnett is much more balanced than them.  They will pull away and show why they are top two in Georgia 

If Cardinal Gibbons quarterback is injured they lose for sure.  If he is good to go then the game is a tossup.  Central destroyed them. Milton is a strong, quality team who will be at home.  

Chaminade is the only clear cut favorite.   They should win with ease. 

If Florida doesn't get 2 upsets and go 3-3  it will be considered a disaster 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

This will be a disaster event for Florida teams.  Stoneman Douglas is hot garbage.  This Canadian team has been having open tryouts in recruiting all around the country. 

Mainland is a shell of their self. They will have their worst year since 2010.  Bob Jones is state ranked 

AHP got worked by a nationally ranked power and lost way too much firepower to keep up with SJR who is always stacked with talent and great coaching. AHP leaves a lot to be desired coaching wise.  They are used to just having much more talent than their opponents.  For this game they will have neither

Wekiva has a great defense but so does NG. But Wekiva won't be able to score points and keep pace with NG. North Gwinnett is much more balanced than them.  They will pull away and show why they are top two in Georgia 

If Cardinal Gibbons quarterback is injured they lose for sure.  If he is good to go then the game is a tossup.  Central destroyed them. Milton is a strong, quality team who will be at home.  

Chaminade is the only clear cut favorite.   They should win with ease. 

If Florida doesn't get 2 upsets and go 3-3  it will be considered a disaster 

I was at the AHP game . Defensive wise their big fast and athletic.. AHP defense will hold their own.. Their offense imo the qb is good n have speed in the outside.. They still have size on the line .. My thing was their I.C. Was calling some suspect calls n their oline got bullied by Carol City dline...  Should be a close game..

I was at the Caridinal Gibbons vs Central game also.. Cardinal Gibbons qb is fine n expected to play next week. They have a great rb which I felt should of have more touches.. The qb is a gamer!!! They should have no problem also..