Spring Game thread

DisabledAccount

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Thanks.  Did not know her,  but from what I gather she may have actually been working outside when this happened.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/fl-sb-fatal-lightning-strike-20180516-story.html

I was going to say terrible way to die. But on reflection, for me, it may be the best way to go. It's pretty quick. The only problem is you get no advance notice and no time to prepare. 

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah but i can't just drive a hour there and back a day to go lol

I like the idea of being a few minutes from the beach lol

It's kind of dangerous in Florida. The land is too flat and there is no shelter from the storms. But if you must, choose west coast, it is safer!

I'm late on this one!!

Clearwater Central Catholic 38
Clearwater 21

I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to watch this one online with my husband and father-in-law. My husband was raving over #9 for Clearwater Brandon Gary at linebacker. He was everywhere. I also thought Keedrick Murray played exceptional. The QB Rent Montie played well in spurts. I had him for 2 TD's passing, including multiple bombs downfield.  The running back for Clearwater, #3 (Quayshawn I think- sorry I don't have a roster!) is also really good. 

CCC really impressed me. I knew they were going to be good, but they really moved the ball on offense. The Qb Rory Hicks threw for 5 TD's, 3 to 6'5, 223lb Sr. Brett Seither. The defense also had 4 interceptions and 6 sacks according to facebook stats. The younger Newton brother, Jerzhan was the county offensive player of the year last year. He's moved to linebacker, but also linked up on the defensive line, running back, wide receiver and I believe he even lined up as a QB for one play.  His older brother Jerjuan Newton was a pest, every time Clearwater would start to gain momentum he would make a huge play. 

Both teams should have excellent seasons.  I'm very curious for the Clearwater vs Cocoa game and the Clearwater vs Largo game later in the season maybe a classic. CCC vs Berkeley Prep is quickly turning into a week 1 game worth paying attention to. Berkeley's MLB picked up offers from Alabama and Clemson within 48 hours and their QB Joshua Youngblood currently holds 24 offers. 

Tonight I'll be watching the Calvary Christian (Clearwater) game vs Cambridge Christian game. I received an E-mail with a link to the game, it's on NFHS streaming. 

Miami Columbus 35

Lehigh 0

Surprised this game actually happened with the weather being so ugly all day down here. Running clock in the first half, 2s and 3s in for entire 2nd. Lehigh not much of an opponent vs the Explorers at home. Good news is the Explorer quarterback battle is real and should provide at least an adequate dual threat play caller next year, and more importantly someone to get the ball in the hands of either Norris or little Henderson. These 2 receivers are the real deal.

Although some big playmakers were are lost over the past two seasons overall, there may not be much of a drop off next season on either side of the ball. At least based on this brief outing. Just gonna be a hell of and out of district schedule .

Final:

Calvary Christian (Clearwater) 55
Cambridge Christian 18

The Calvary Christian QB Harold Cook is solid. Running back#15 Jordan Niles rushed for 3 TD's.  #9 for Calvary Christian is a rising Sophomore and he's going to be a guy they can build their program around for years to come.  Going into Spring I didn't know a lot about Calvary, but I like what I see. I knew Reggie Crume would build a respected, solid program and he's clearly on his way to doing so. 

Entertaining first half, blowout in the 2nd half.

UPDATE:  #9 for Calvary is Mykkah Jordan. Here's some video thanks to a twitter poster. He's fun to watch!

49 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Man that’s my bad, the Palmetto twitter account is @PantherPride305 and I just looked at the Panther part and assumed Dillard. Totally my fault, definitely Palmetto lol

All good DB4.  Thx for the updates...

You may have got Mighty a little excited if he was browsing the forum though!