Columbia football

DisabledAccount

Ok after reading the reporter and the assessment made from purple gold game this is my thoughts 

QB

With Blair transferring to Fort White it leaves the job to upcoming Junior Jordan Smith, Smith may not have that special arm strength but he is mobile and surrounded by plenty of weapons 

B

RB 

Callum showed flashes last year but questions remain when it comes to depth at the spot but Columbia has a good history of producing running backs 

B+

WR

Probably the deepest position on the entire team with 2 different wideouts with SEC offers and another one with a few smaller offers and 1-2 more who could get offers by end of year 

This by far strongest area on the team 

A+

Offensive Line 

Definitely has some holes to fill with only 2 returning starters and according to reporter they have 4 players competing for 3 spots so not a lot of depth or competition so upcoming freshmen may have a chance to make a run at a starting job but still has a lot of work needed at this spot

C-

Defensive line

They have to replace sack production with SL McCall graduating but overall most of the defensive line returns and should be solid this year 

B+

Linebackers

2 fbs senior linebackers return which will both lead the middle of the defense with OLB Jaylen Brown and MLB Ethan Umsteed, this position usually is strong and should be strong again this year 

A

Defensive Backs 

This position has struggled past 2 years and held back a otherwise strong defense lineup but this team will have maturity in the backfield but time will tell if they will be good 

B-

Special teams

Overall this is by far the weakest link of the team, last year season ended with a bad snap on a field goal attempt and several bad snaps followed in the purple gold game and until I see otherwise I will just hope special teams isn't needed to win games

D-

Overall synopsis 

Columbia like normally will have no trouble earning a playoff spot but question is how far can Columbia go in the playoffs 

Best case scenario 

Columbia potential at receiver postion brings a repeat of 2015 offense and Columbia dominates a down District and region to storm deep into the playoffs with ease

Worst case scenario 

Columbia struggles in secondary continue and question marks at offensive line and special teams leads to a average regular season and a early exit from the playoffs 

Prediction 

Overall the district is manageable and Columbia winning the district should be doable, especially with the 2 biggest threats playing Columbia in Lake City (Lee and Fletcher)

Suwannee will be a 11th straight win for Columbia and likely running clock 

Gainesville and Buchholz Should present a challenge at citizens field but i expect Columbia to dispatch both to start 3-0 heading into district battle with Lee 

Columbia at full potential beats Lee but still have work to do to get there

I expect Columbia to get the redemption against Madison County to silence the critics and start 5-0 or 4-1 depending on Lee game

Columbia then travels to Trinity Christian in what will be toughest test of regular season,  this will be a tough game that can go either way 

Then Columbia has 3 straight manageable district games after a bye week and i expect a sweep there

This puts Columbia anywhere between 9-0 and 7-2 heading into season finale home game against Bolles 

I expect Columbia to beat Bolles in a rematch of last year 

Columbia finishes 8-2 to 10-0 in regular season 

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok after reading the reporter and the assessment made from purple gold game this is my thoughts 

QB

With Blair transferring to Fort White it leaves the job to upcoming Junior Jordan Smith, Smith may not have that special arm strength but he is mobile and surrounded by plenty of weapons 

B

RB 

Callum showed flashes last year but questions remain when it comes to depth at the spot but Columbia has a good history of producing running backs 

B+

WR

Probably the deepest position on the entire team with 2 different wideouts with SEC offers and another one with a few smaller offers and 1-2 more who could get offers by end of year 

This by far strongest area on the team 

A+

Offensive Line 

Definitely has some holes to fill with only 2 returning starters and according to reporter they have 4 players competing for 3 spots so not a lot of depth or competition so upcoming freshmen may have a chance to make a run at a starting job but still has a lot of work needed at this spot

C-

Defensive line

They have to replace sack production with SL McCall graduating but overall most of the defensive line returns and should be solid this year 

B+

Linebackers

2 fbs senior linebackers return which will both lead the middle of the defense with OLB Jaylen Brown and MLB Ethan Umsteed, this position usually is strong and should be strong again this year 

A

Defensive Backs 

This position has struggled past 2 years and held back a otherwise strong defense lineup but this team will have maturity in the backfield but time will tell if they will be good 

B-

Special teams

Overall this is by far the weakest link of the team, last year season ended with a bad snap on a field goal attempt and several bad snaps followed in the purple gold game and until I see otherwise I will just hope special teams isn't needed to win games

D-

Overall synopsis 

Columbia like normally will have no trouble earning a playoff spot but question is how far can Columbia go in the playoffs 

Best case scenario 

Columbia potential at receiver postion brings a repeat of 2015 offense and Columbia dominates a down District and region to storm deep into the playoffs with ease

Worst case scenario 

Columbia struggles in secondary continue and question marks at offensive line and special teams leads to a average regular season and a early exit from the playoffs 

Prediction 

Overall the district is manageable and Columbia winning the district should be doable, especially with the 2 biggest threats playing Columbia in Lake City (Lee and Fletcher)

Suwannee will be a 11th straight win for Columbia and likely running clock 

Gainesville and Buchholz Should present a challenge at citizens field but i expect Columbia to dispatch both to start 3-0 heading into district battle with Lee 

Columbia at full potential beats Lee but still have work to do to get there

I expect Columbia to get the redemption against Madison County to silence the critics and start 5-0 or 4-1 depending on Lee game

Columbia then travels to Trinity Christian in what will be toughest test of regular season,  this will be a tough game that can go either way 

Then Columbia has 3 straight manageable district games after a bye week and i expect a sweep there

This puts Columbia anywhere between 9-0 and 7-2 heading into season finale home game against Bolles 

I expect Columbia to beat Bolles in a rematch of last year 

Columbia finishes 8-2 to 10-0 in regular season 

How good is TCA supposed to be 

cause your counting jv varsity ended in 7-7 tie varsity played first 2 quarters from what jax news said last night they only showed the first half and said backups and jv came in second half. TCA has a good WR Isaiah Washington keep a eye on this one said to be the best wr in the area from couple jax websites.

• 1 month later...