Spring Games Cancellations This Week?

Mashburns

2 hours ago, Mashburns said:

Is it safe to say that majority of the South Florida Spring Games this week will be push back until next week or weekend? Seem like these cancellations so far has been waiting to the last minute to call it 

If it's lightening then they will it's hard to tell right now 

1 minute ago, Mashburns said:

Seem as though they the only team that pulled out now I need to find out details of who Central will play instead now. Vero would a been a great measuring stick for Central who some saying is one of the top teams this year in Palm Beach  

I think it's more of a pussy move everybody knows that you can play football in the rain not when it's lightening 

4 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

Seem as though they the only team that pulled out now I need to find out details of who Central will play instead now. Vero would a been a great measuring stick for Central who some saying is one of the top teams this year in Palm Beach  

Perhaps University School can take advantage of an opening.

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Close. They might need a little more at the LOS and their QB is 2021 but very good. 

They have lots of skilled players and arguably the best RB in FL in Kenny McIntosh. Pretty sure I can safely say they  are a top 6 team in Broward. 

I might call coach J to get a game with U School then

10 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Are you the Vero AD in disguise? ;-)

Not sure it is that simple but that would be great if you could help facilitate that spring game. Keep us posted if you can get the ball rolling.

No I'm in Ft Lauderdale right now I came down here for them and they back out like that 

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Yeah, baseball and softball playoff teams scrambling to take advantage of the window.

Yeah I've already lost track of what games are on what days

Looks like softball going to push games onto Monday-Wednesday but if things keep up they may have further delay

Is there any domes in FL because if so they may need to set a backup plan in place for this situation 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah I've already lost track of what games are on what days

Looks like softball going to push games onto Monday-Wednesday but if things keep up they may have further delay

Is there any domes in FL because if so they may need to set a backup plan in place for this situation 

Are you going to fund that?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Agree with what you think mostly, except I'd use a 4 year average and only move the top team in each region up and bottom team in each region down based on that average. I think 4 years gives a better overall picture of a program.
    • What this means is we will soon see one of two scenarios play out in the coming years: 1) A subset of students will eventually not be able to attend a "good" school because there is simply no space for them due to there being a scarcity of "good" schools 2) Assuming compulsory attendance remains a thing, we will see longtime elite private high schools nosedive in performance. The schools can not perform magic: unmotivated, unprepared often defiant students will NOT be good students no matter what the school does/doesn't do. And oftentimes these sorts of students do have parents who will do the absolute bare minimum needed to get the kid into a private school through the new rules. Anyone who genuinely believes that the schools with higher test scores automatically do a better job of teaching the kids than schools with lower scores is an imbecile. 
    • Here’s a scenario that will cook your noodle. There’s an 11th grader at a D rated public school. Lives in a bad neighborhood with a single mom and a bunch of siblings. Dirt poor, and struggle just to eat and keep the lights on. He can’t get a part time job to help out because he has to watch his little siblings while his mom works.    The school he plays for has poor attendance at the football games, and is always bad. He is a super star for them and tons of new bandwagon fans start to attend the games because they are good and he is the reason. School is making tons of new money.    Season is over. Back to reality for him. School year is over. Summer hits. Some “runner” on behalf of the rich local private school “offers” his mom, him, and all his siblings a way out of poverty. New place to live, food on the table, and an opportunity to get a quality education and maximize exposure for all the top colleges to see. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get his family out of poverty. What say you? Does he say no and continue to barely survive, or does he take the deal? 
    • To make it short and sweet. I am against breaking the rules. If there is a rule that seems outdated or unfair then it should be amended/changed/repealed with majority rule 
    • I am a huge proponent of innocent until proven guilty, and due process with credible evidence. I support a credible investigation, and not some witch hunt by disgruntled folks both near and far from the program. Let’s hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly 
  • Popular Contributors