This the Year for Deerfield

Mashburns

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The amount of talent going through Columbia hasn't declined, in fact it has intensified 

Question is when they win a championship not if

as long as STA is in the class it doesn't matter how much talent is in Lake City

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They didn't make it last year who's to say they don't miss it again 

Not sure if you are aware but sta isn't a lock every year to actually make it to finals lol

Well you aren't a lock to ever make it and if you are 7A there is a great chance they will be sitting there when you do.  Trust me from experience if they are coming off a season where they didn't make it they will have 21 D1 guys waiting for you when you get there.

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

Well you aren't a lock to ever make it and if you are 7A there is a great chance they will be sitting there when you do.  Trust me from experience if they are coming off a season where they didn't make it they will have 21 D1 guys waiting for you when you get there.

Miami Carol City was loaded when we played them in 97 and most expected us to get blown out 

If we make it i assure you we won't go down there for a slaughter 

We will go down there ready to fight and if sta assumes they will walk over us it will be a fatal mistake 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Carol City was loaded when we played them in 97 and most expected us to get blown out 

If we make it i assure you we won't go down there for a slaughter 

We will go down there ready to fight and if sta assumes they will walk over us it will be a fatal mistake 

lol WTF are you talking about.  First off it's an imaginary game because you haven't made it.  Second off they would have beat the shit out of you any year they played you for the last 14.  However if you do get there it might be a good game.  Wake me up  when it happens

8 minutes ago, badbird said:

lol WTF are you talking about.  First off it's an imaginary game because you haven't made it.  Second off they would have beat the shit out of you any year they played you for the last 14.  However if you do get there it might be a good game.  Wake me up  when it happens

They said Carol City wouldn't give up a single td to us

We led 17-3 at half

That Carol City team finished top 10 in the entire nation and the best team in FL 

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

In the past 20 years, looks like Columbia has traveled south of Gainesville twice in the playoffs.

1998 Col at Vero Beach lost 31-26

2003 Col at Lake Gibson lost 33-14 (I was there and it wasn't pretty.)

If ColumbiaFan ever went to Traz Powell  he would need therapy for years.

20 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In the past 20 years, looks like Columbia has traveled south of Gainesville twice in the playoffs.

1998 Col at Vero Beach lost 31-26

2003 Col at Lake Gibson lost 33-14 (I was there and it wasn't pretty.)

If ColumbiaFan ever went to Traz Powell  he would need therapy for years.

Because our region are all teams Jacksonville through Pensacola lol

We rarely if ever play playoff games south of us

And the times we do we generally host 

11 hours ago, Mashburns said:

Glades Central will be down this year probably a first round exit if they slip in with the point system formula I felt last season booker t should have been in that spot but with the flawed part of the system Glades central got in over Booker T I don't think that will happen this year though. Glades Central only dressed about 25 kids which is crazy to think coming from a program like that but I'm sure they will have more dressing by the season but they fought hard but deerfield just had to much fire power on their side

How many players did Deerfield Beach dress against us how many like 80 players of course we was going down but going down with a fight you calling us down and first round exit after a spring game lol boy please gone somewhere with that mess after that game Deerfield Beach is the most feared team now man please lol 

38 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

How many players did Deerfield Beach dress against us how many like 80 players of course we was going down but going down with a fight you calling us down and first round exit after a spring game lol boy please gone somewhere with that mess after that game Deerfield Beach is the most feared team now man please lol 

Glades Central dressed 20 something players and I'm not judging it off the spring I'm judging it off coaching, play calls, size up front and etc when was the last time glades central made it out the second round coach blackmon years 5 or 6 yrs ago maybe longer? So you think this current team will make it past first round? Second? Lol be serious and not delusional stop living in the past and look at the recent track record 

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because our region are all teams Jacksonville through Pensacola lol

We rarely if ever play playoff games south of us

And the times we do we generally host 

If Columbia made the state semis more often, maybe they would have more experience playing teams south of Gainesville:rolleyes:  Look at the fun "away" state semi games Columbia missed over the past 10 years.

2009-Edgewater, 2011-Armwood, 2013-Armwood, 2016-Plant.

Oh well, when Columbia advances this year I guess you will get to play at Plant, Viera or Lakeland, right?:)  

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If Columbia made the state semis more often, maybe they would have more experience playing teams south of Gainesville:rolleyes:  Look at the fun "away" state semi games Columbia missed over the past 10 years.

2009-Edgewater, 2011-Armwood, 2013-Armwood, 2016-Plant.

Oh well, when Columbia advances this year I guess you will get to play at Plant, Viera or Lakeland, right?:)  

Depends on point system 

15 hours ago, Mashburns said:

Glades Central will be down this year probably a first round exit if they slip in with the point system formula I felt last season booker t should have been in that spot but with the flawed part of the system Glades central got in over Booker T I don't think that will happen this year though. Glades Central only dressed about 25 kids which is crazy to think coming from a program like that but I'm sure they will have more dressing by the season but they fought hard but deerfield just had to much fire power on their side

I missed the game, but saw some highlights. Looks like the trenches is still the downfall at GC.

That and also not at least trying to establish some form of the run game which you will think with the weather conditions but the number 4 kid pretty good. D.F set everyone back so the run game was there but they continued to throw the ball and put the defense in bad situations short field which is how DF put up that many points

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You dismissing the abundance of talent on that 97 Carol City team?? 

I suggest you look at that roster before assuming the current sta teams are far superior to that team

Once again this isn't 1997.  What Columbia did in 1997 has nothing to do with today

11 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

I missed the game, but saw some highlights. Looks like the trenches is still the downfall at GC.

2 hours ago, Mashburns said:

That and also not at least trying to establish some form of the run game which you will think with the weather conditions but the number 4 kid pretty good. D.F set everyone back so the run game was there but they continued to throw the ball and put the defense in bad situations short field which is how DF put up that many points

Has GC established their QB yet or are they still sorting that out?

GC will find their way...They usually do.  I expect 4A - 4 to be very entertaining this year with BTW ,US and perhaps Edison the likely front runners and Glades Central in the mix for that 3/4 spot.

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You dismissing the abundance of talent on that 97 Carol City team?? 

I suggest you look at that roster before assuming the current sta teams are far superior to that team

Answer this question please.

Were you even born in 1997?

Tell us more about that game...

11 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Answer this question please.

Were you even born in 1997?

Tell us more about that game...

No but do you really need to be born to do research on a roster or to rewatch a game that has the entire game on video? 

That Carol City team in 97 was a loaded roster and I'm sure simple research will show that

15 hours ago, Mashburns said:

Glades Central dressed 20 something players and I'm not judging it off the spring I'm judging it off coaching, play calls, size up front and etc when was the last time glades central made it out the second round coach blackmon years 5 or 6 yrs ago maybe longer? So you think this current team will make it past first round? Second? Lol be serious and not delusional stop living in the past and look at the recent track record 

I'm not living in the past just calling it how I see it oh here some more tissue for Booker T not making the playoffs since we earn that spot lol