Ely@Pahokee

561_Fan

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

They have won 7 total games over the last 3 years.  Last year they appeared to have a solid roster and many thought they could at least right the ship. They were only able to muster wins versus Boyd Anderson and Fort Lauderdale High.

Oh wow. The new staff has to install confidence after those rough seasons. 

5 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Oh wow. The new staff has to install confidence after those rough seasons. 

I can’t stand them they are our most heated rival but to see a school with so much history and pride just like Dillard to see them struggle like that is crazy Dillard and Ely are historical black schools with with heavy heavy tradition. But only 2 wins and 1 wins I don’t think Dillard even had that in a full season this decade. 

12 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

How do you think Cocoa will fare in the Muck this season? Its been awhile since a Brevard team has ventured out there.

Guess we will have to see how Cocoa fairs in the beginning of the season with the coaching change. I see they chose against playing a spring game, so I guess they want to remain a mystery. Their followers been quiet on the board since the season ended.

20 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Guess we will have to see how Cocoa fairs in the beginning of the season with the coaching change. I see they chose against playing a spring game, so I guess they want to remain a mystery. Their followers been quiet on the board since the season ended.

Yea their intrasquad scrimmage got cancelled due to weather. But before that it was said that they were playing deland in the spring but I guess things changed. But I'm guessing they will be on par with the team from last season possibly a slight bump down. Who knows really depends on the offensive play style. They still have all the pieces to make another run and a lot of rising juniors. Top notch speed for sure with one of the fastest underclassmen who will be a junior. Also qb position is locked down by the Vero transfer.

6 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Yea their intrasquad scrimmage got cancelled due to weather. But before that it was said that they were playing deland in the spring but I guess things changed. But I'm guessing they will be on par with the team from last season possibly a slight bump down. Who knows really depends on the offensive play style. They still have all the pieces to make another run and a lot of rising juniors. Top notch speed for sure with one of the fastest underclassmen who will be a junior. Also qb position is locked down by the Vero transfer.

So maybe they will feature the pass more under this staff.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:53 PM, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I can’t stand them they are our most heated rival but to see a school with so much history and pride just like Dillard to see them struggle like that is crazy Dillard and Ely are historical black schools with with heavy heavy tradition. But only 2 wins and 1 wins I don’t think Dillard even had that in a full season this decade. 

If good private schools like STA and Gibbons opened up in inner city Miami and kids could go there, I predict that Northwestern and Central would experience the same as Dillard and Ely.  I don't think the kids there are any more loyal.  It comes down to options.