Central Florida Top 16

Pipe Dreams

UPDATED 7/8/2018

This ranking includes Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Volusia and Flagler counties.

Since Brevard is not included, I’ll include my top teams from there as well: Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Palm Bay

Central Florida Rankings 

1. Wekiva
  2. Apopka
  3. Dr. Phillips
  4. Osceola
  5. Seminole
  6. Edgewater
  7. Mainland
  8. West Orange
  9. Boone
  10. Jones 
  11. Winter Park
  12. Bishop Moore 
  13. DeLand
  14. Oviedo
  15. Lake Nona 
  16. Lake Mary 

Others to watch:

Oviedo

Spread numbers are ballpark.

The top 3 are very solid. Could all be #1.

Seminole is a risky pick as I have their QB as a potential breakout player.

Mainland will sneak up on us with young talent. 

Osceola, West Orange and Boone are all “high ceiling” teams to me. Osceola will maintain it’s level, West Orange is on an upward trend and Boone was sold to me by our friend Darter. In addition to his analysis, I have noticed an upward intermediate trend with Boone since they left the DP district.

Winter Park is a clear dividing line between all of the teams above and all of the teams below. 

I expect all of the teams on this list to contend for playoff spots.

-

I noticed that I have zero Lake County teams ranked. Anything I’m missing?

17 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

The top 3 are very solid. Could all be #1.

Seminole is a risky pick as I have their QB as a potential breakout player.

Mainland will sneak up on us with young talent. 

Osceola, West Orange and Boone are all “high ceiling” teams to me. Osceola will maintain it’s level, West Orange is on an upward trend and Boone was sold to me by our friend Darter. In addition to his analysis, I have noticed an upward intermediate trend with Boone since they left the DP district.

Winter Park is a clear dividing line between all of the teams above and all of the teams below. 

I expect all of the teams on this list to contend for playoff spots.

-

I noticed that I have zero Lake County teams ranked. Anything I’m missing?

Lake Minneola might be the best team in Lake County.  

22 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

This ranking includes Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Volusia and Flagler counties.

Since Brevard is not included, I’ll include my top teams from there as well: Cocoa, Rockledge, Viera, Palm Bay

Central Florida Rankings 

1. Wekiva 
  2. Dr. Phillips 
  3. Apopka
  4. Seminole
  5. Mainland 
  6. Osceola
  7. West Orange
  8. Boone
  9. Winter Park 
  10. Edgewater 
  11. Bishop Moore
  12. Jones
  13. DeLand 
  14. Lake Nona
  15. Lake Brantley
  16. Flagler Palm Coast

Other ls to watch:

Lake Mary

Spruce Creek

Timber Creek

Lyman

New Smyrna Beach

Oviedo

This is a solid list. I really have no significant issues with the rankings. 

I think FPC returns most of their undefeated regular season team.  now they did play no one and lost in the first round but I'm sure they gained some valuable experience and confidence.  I might have them in the 10 range to start.

mentioned it in the spring but I think Lake Minneola might surprise a few teams.  They have talent.  Can they put it together?  They play South lake and Lyman early if they can win those two they have a shot at a really good season for them.  8 or 9 wins.

13 minutes ago, badbird said:

I think FPC returns most of their undefeated regular season team.  now they did play no one and lost in the first round but I'm sure they gained some valuable experience and confidence.  I might have them in the 10 range to start.

mentioned it in the spring but I think Lake Minneola might surprise a few teams.  They have talent.  Can they put it together?  They play South lake and Lyman early if they can win those two they have a shot at a really good season for them.  8 or 9 wins.

Which district they in? 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:00 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

UPDATED 7/8/2018

Central Florida Rankings 

1. Wekiva
  2. Dr. Phillips (+1)
  3. Apopka (+4)
  4. Mainland (+8)
  5. Seminole (+8)
  6. Osceola (+8)
  7. West Orange (+10)
  8. Boone (+14)
  9. Winter Park (+17)
  10. Edgewater (+19)
  11. Bishop Moore (+19)
  12. Jones (+19)
  13. Flagler Palm Coast (+19)
  14. DeLand (+21)
  15. Lake Nona (+21)
  16. Lake Minneola (+24)

Others to watch:

Lake Mary

Lake Brantley

Spruce Creek

Timber Creek

Lyman

New Smyrna Beach

Oviedo

Something to think about. John Wilkinson has transferred to New Smyrna Beach as Head Coach. His record while he was at Cocoa... Coached Cocoa from 2005 until 2017. Had 134 wins vs 25 loses and no ties. Cocoa has always had talent, but not a great coaching staff prior to Wilks.

I see NSB becoming something better than a warm up game in the coming seasons.

8 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Something to think about. John Wilkinson has transferred to New Smyrna Beach as Head Coach. His record while he was at Cocoa... Coached Cocoa from 2005 until 2017. Had 134 wins vs 25 loses and no ties. Cocoa has always had talent, but not a great coaching staff prior to Wilks.

I agree but i don't think it happens overnight, first year will probably be a breaking in season over there 

Cocoa dropped 2 games and has 7 games scheduled. If something doesn't get done soon then it could be a short season. Palm Bay, Veria, and Rockledge are the only Brevard teams that will play them of of the 15 high schools. Melbourne, Bayside, EauGallie, Merritt Island, Astronaut, and Titusville are teams that could play Cocoa safely. Teams like Cocoa Beach, Satellite, MCC, Heritage, MICA, and Trinity would probably get hurt playing Cocoa since they are much softer schools.  

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I agree but i don't think it happens overnight, first year will probably be a breaking in season over there 

Agree with you, but Wilks did take Cocoa to the 3rd round of the playoffs his first year as HC. This year Smyrna isn't as talent heavy as Cocoa was back then. I'm sure that Wilks will bring that program around in a hurry though. He knows how to play a basic game of "drive it down your throat" pretty good. I'll be surprised if NSB doesn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. I'll be surprised if NSB doesn't finish at least 9-5 this year, and probably more like 10-4.

4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Agree with you, but Wilks did take Cocoa to the 3rd round of the playoffs his first year as HC. This year Smyrna isn't as talent heavy as Cocoa was back then. I'm sure that Wilks will bring that program around in a hurry though. He knows how to play a basic game of "drive it down your throat" pretty good. I'll be surprised if NSB doesn't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year. I'll be surprised if NSB doesn't finish at least 9-5 this year, and probably more like 10-4.

Yeah but if my memory serves me correctly NSB is in 6a region 4 which might be toughest gauntlet in the state,  not the easiest step into the doorway

17 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

NSB always has athletes. They stay home, with Wilkinson, they battle Mainland yearly for the district championship.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:00 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

UPDATED 7/8/2018

Central Florida Rankings 

1. Wekiva
  2. Dr. Phillips (+1)
  3. Apopka (+4)
  4. Mainland (+8)
  5. Seminole (+8)
  6. Osceola (+8)
  7. West Orange (+10)
  8. Boone (+14)
  9. Winter Park (+17)
  10. Edgewater (+19)
  11. Bishop Moore (+19)
  12. Jones (+19)
  13. Flagler Palm Coast (+19)
  14. DeLand (+21)
  15. Lake Nona (+21)
  16. Lake Minneola (+24)

Others to watch:

Lake Mary

Lake Brantley

Spruce Creek

Timber Creek

Lyman

New Smyrna Beach

Oviedo

Jones had a lot of talent last year...maybe as much as any team in Orlando, at least on paper.  Did they lose that much?