Northeast FL rankings (Post Spring Football)

DisabledAccount

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How about Bartram Trail-Darrell Sutherland-18 seasons-1 state title

If you want to set the bar for "success" at more than 1 state title...name all of the active public school coaches out there with more than 1 title with the same team?  I cannot even think of 10.  To be fair to coaches, we need to look at a lot more factors than state titles to evaluate their efficacy.

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If you want to set the bar for "success" at more than 1 state title...name all of the active public school coaches out there with more than 1 title with the same team?  I cannot even think of 10.  To be fair to coaches, we need to look at a lot more factors than state titles to evaluate their efficacy.

When did he win a state title? 

Bartram trail has never won state in football, this past year was first appearance and they lost

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dang bad birdy

Quit trying to scare him off before he even gets in the door lol

Yes definitely some room for improvement but it's much better rankings then the current calpreps rankings for FL 

Calpreps has Bartram Trail at 18th in FL and has Columbia at 40th

Bartram trail lost everything they had, they shouldn't be anywhere near top 25

cal preps starts off last year.  He isn't a computer and should be better

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Could happen but we could get transfers as well

So could anyone,  I'll cross the bridge if it is built but I can't just assume that happens,  i can only base it on what i saw when both teams were on the field together :)

He thought Bartram Trail was going to struggle last year as well

22 minutes ago, badbird said:

He thought Bartram Trail was going to struggle last year as well

They did, defensively 

I felt defense would cost them but offense kept them going

But if you had seen bartram trail in person like i had you would think it was a team that won't make it past the 2nd round 

On 5/26/2018 at 5:19 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I agree, i felt mainland should have been top 10

Lee without Derrick Jones will be down 

Not sure what to expect with Bolles but Mandrian handled them pretty easily in their spring game 

It seems like Lee has been steadily improving over the past few years.  Is it true?

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It seems like Lee has been steadily improving over the past few years.  Is it true?

Lee is better than they were at one point but our inability to stop Derrick Jones was the primary reason we struggled last 2 years against Lee 

We usually struggle with qbs who can scramble 

1 minute ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

Both, he is not as good of a scrambler as Jones, but he is a better passer. Jones was a dynamic player, but he is just as good. I'd encourage you to watch his highlights if you think otherwise.

Last year we beat Lee had it not been for Jones legs, i lost count of how many times it was 3rd and 10+ or 4th and 10+ and he would run for first down

Had to have been at least 10 times, our inability to stop Derrick Jones scrambling cost us that game, as long as this qb can't scramble like him I'm happy 

Good passers don't scare me when it comes to our defense, it's qbs that can run for 20 yards a scramble that scares me

5 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

Both, he is not as good of a scrambler as Jones, but he is a better passer. Jones was a dynamic player, but he is just as good. I'd encourage you to watch his highlights if you think otherwise.

I'll definitely take a look, does he have any experience playing or was spring game his first time starting?

If I had to create a list of the top teams in NE FL it would be:

1.  Lee

2.  Raines

3.  St. Augustine

4.  Trinity

5.  Columbia

6.  Fleming Island

7.  Sandalwood

8.  Fletcher

9.  Bartram Trail

10. Baker County

11. Clay

12. Ponte Vedra

13. Mandarin

14. First Coast

15. Bolles

HM: Bishop Kenny, Oakleaf, Ed White

1 minute ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

1.  Lee

2.  Raines

3.  St. Augustine

4.  Trinity

5.  Columbia

6.  Fleming Island

7.  Sandalwood

8.  Fletcher

9.  Bartram Trail

10. Baker County

11. Clay

12. Ponte Vedra

13. Mandarin

14. First Coast

15. Bolles

We will see what happens 

I just know that with our recent struggles in big time road games i like Fletcher and Lee games being in Lake City 

Still don't know what happened but overnight we started having bad mojo on the road

31 minutes ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

1.  Lee

2.  Raines

3.  St. Augustine

4.  Trinity

5.  Columbia

6.  Fleming Island

7.  Sandalwood

8.  Fletcher

9.  Bartram Trail

10. Baker County

11. Clay

12. Ponte Vedra

13. Mandarin

14. First Coast

15. Bolles

I think this is the 8th season for Lee's coach.  Good things often happen when a coach puts in that much time with a program.  Last year was Deran Wiley's 8th season at Raines.

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I think this is the 8th season for Lee's coach.  Good things often happen when a coach puts in that much time with a program.  Last year was Deran Wiley's 8th season at Raines.

Not a surprise, raines is the only public in duval to ever have won a state championship which is not a huge surprise when you look at the stability at raines compared to other duval schools

9 hours ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

He was the starter at Terry Parker the last 2 seasons. Good player on a bad team.

Best QB I seen Fort White play against to date . We Knew when we played them last year he would be gone to a another team this year. Believe Terry parker scored 35 he was responsible for all the pts.

9 hours ago, JaxFootballGuy said:

He was the starter at Terry Parker the last 2 seasons. Good player on a bad team.

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll definitely take a look, does he have any experience playing or was spring game his first time starting?

32 minutes ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

Best QB I seen Fort White play against to date . We Knew when we played them last year he would be gone to a another team this year. Believe Terry parker scored 35 he was responsible for all the pts.

I assume this is the young man.  ColumbiaFan...whatever you do, do not watch this before bedtime.  It will give you nightmares.:P

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8089586/Cameron-Sapp

42 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I assume this is the young man.  ColumbiaFan...whatever you do, do not watch this before bedtime.  It will give you nightmares.:P

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8089586/Cameron-Sapp

Pretty good arm,  might end up being one of best ones we will face this year 

He definitely isn't got the same speed that Jones have so if we get them to 3rd and 10+ I'm not worried about him getting 10 yards per scramble but with his arm he probably will rely on arm first mentality 

I few things i did notice on quite a few plays is on a few scrambles he just heaved it away and hoped for the best,  if our secondary is on point that will be a interception 

Also he was well protected on quite a few of those plays with huge success 

Seems like we will need to put up pressure in the game to have the best chance at him

Won't be as easy as i hoped but I still have confidence we will beat Lee and prove we need this run more than anyone else does

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pretty good arm,  might end up being one of best ones we will face this year 

He definitely isn't got the same speed that Jones have so if we get them to 3rd and 10+ I'm not worried about him getting 10 yards per scramble but with his arm he probably will rely on arm first mentality 

I few things i did notice on quite a few plays is on a few scrambles he just heaved it away and hoped for the best,  if our secondary is on point that will be a interception 

Also he was well protected on quite a few of those plays with huge success 

Seems like we will need to put up pressure in the game to have the best chance at him

Won't be as easy as i hoped but I still have confidence we will beat Lee and prove we need this run more than anyone else does

key words in bold above:D

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

key words in bold above:D

We have lost 3 straight to those bloody generals

If these players are as serious about winning a championship as they been saying on Twitter then they will have a different mentality on that field

I'll know after this game if they are serious contenders or if it will be another year of wasting loads of talent 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We have lost 3 straight to those bloody generals

If these players are as serious about winning a championship as they been saying on Twitter then they will have a different mentality on that field

I'll know after this game if they are serious contenders or if it will be another year of wasting loads of talent 

3 games and 119 pts =40 pts per game average allowed

I read this past season that Lee had about 10 dropped passes and lots of penalties...could have been worse.

Your state semi team in 2015 gave up 22 pts per game.  If that is as good as Columbia can do defensively....Ya'll need to get down to the Muck and start chasing rabbits.