Atlantic Coast at Palm Coast
St. Joseph at Pierson Taylor
West Port at Ponte Vedra  
Englewood at Providence
Branford at St. Johns Country Day
Santa Fe at Suwannee
Parker at West Nassau

Columbia still needs one

I heard rumors on one but considering it's practically the only good option I hear left I'm not gonna jinx it 

Unfortunately there was a good South Florida team we could play but despite my pleas they appear to have no interest in playing the game,  which sucks because we need to face elite speed to prepare for deep in the playoffs and most on our schedule don't have the speed that team has

There's a lot of good ones, but the one I'm most interested in is Tampa Catholic vs Tampa Robinson.  I've heard a lot of good things about Robinson this off season and TC has quite a few potent weapons. I can actually see Tampa Catholic going 9-1 this year and might be shocked if they don't.

2 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

There's a lot of good ones, but the one I'm most interested in is Tampa Catholic vs Tampa Robinson.  I've heard a lot of good things about Robinson this off season and TC has quite a few potent weapons. I can actually see Tampa Catholic going 9-1 this year and might be shocked if they don't.

I read the outcomes of the spring jamboree games. Sounds like Jefferson might be down a little this year and Robinson on the up. Jesuit looks to be back on top in that district.

6 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

I read the outcomes of the spring jamboree games. Sounds like Jefferson might be down a little this year and Robinson on the up. Jesuit looks to be back on top in that district.

According to BCP, Jesuit is loaded from top to bottom and has 6 different running backs that can tote the ball, plus the QB looks good.  Robinson has a lot of momentum going into Summer.  I would agree with those saying Jesuit would be the favorite. I can see them going 10-0 and blowing out most of the teams on their schedule.

Jefferson picked up 2 huge transfers from Tampa Catholic- Ahmarean Brown and Joseph Hodge. Both players transferred out of Tampa Catholic after Charlie Dean transferred out thinking that Kiael Kelly wouldn't get them the ball in open space due to being young. Rumor is that after Kelly's performance in Spring Brown tried to transfer back into TC, but TC wouldn't let him since he made his decision. Brown is listed as one of the top 100 WR's in the county and has committed to Maryland, despite having an Alabama offer.  Both Brown and Hodge can also play DB.

4 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

According to BCP, Jesuit is loaded from top to bottom and has 6 different running backs that can tote the ball, plus the QB looks good.  Robinson has a lot of momentum going into Summer.  I would agree with those saying Jesuit would be the favorite. I can see them going 10-0 and blowing out most of the teams on their schedule.

Jefferson picked up 2 huge transfers from Tampa Catholic- Ahmarean Brown and Joseph Hodge. Both players transferred out of Tampa Catholic after Charlie Dean transferred out thinking that Kiael Kelly wouldn't get them the ball in open space due to being young. Rumor is that after Kelly's performance in Spring Brown tried to transfer back into TC, but TC wouldn't let him since he made his decision. Brown is listed as one of the top 100 WR's in the county and has committed to Maryland, despite having an Alabama offer.  Both Brown and Hodge can also play DB.

I know it was only a spring game. But TC couldn't seem to move the ball against a so so 7A Wiregrass Ranch. lost 36-17.  Do you think they may be overrated or do you see them regrouping for the regular season? They normally would be a first round opponent for the Celtics who I think are going to be a totally different team than they have been over the last 3 years.

57 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I know it was only a spring game. But TC couldn't seem to move the ball against a so so 7A Wiregrass Ranch. lost 36-17.  Do you think they may be overrated or do you see them regrouping for the regular season? They normally would be a first round opponent for the Celtics who I think are going to be a totally different team than they have been over the last 3 years.

Proset,

You ask a fair question, which is why I think we need to wait for the Kickoff Classic vs Robinson to see where TC is at right now. Wiregrass Ranch is a solid 7A 2nd round team that features 5 or 6 D-1 caliber players. This year, they're also a pretty veteran ball club with a heavy junior/senior class.  Of all the games featuring teams I follow, I knew TC/Robinson would be a good test.

TC was without 4 offensive starters in the loss to Wiregrass. They didn't have their star RB Jalen Bussey. He reminds me a bit of Shaun Shivers from last year. He doesn't have the top end speed, nor the brute force in his legs- but he has got similar take off. They also didn't have their top WR Chris Murray, a 6'3 185lb player who doubles as the teams starting safety. The 2 others that didn't play were 2 junior offensive linemen, both starters.  I'm not saying TC would have won, but this will be Bussey's 3rd year starting at RB and is key cog in the Crusader offense.

TC moved the ball at will between the 20's, but couldn't finish drives. The QB is a absolute stud- check out his highlight tape below. He's a rising Sophomore. He's the son of Kenny Kelly of Miami Hurricane fame. I believe Kenny was also a Parade All-American for TC. 

Let's chat again after TC/Robinson in the KO Classic.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10007017/5b01ad77041f4506ec3bbd21

6 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

If so, 5A Region 3 should be much tougher this year.  St. Pete Lakewood appeared solid in their spring game, and Immokalee looks to be reloading.  I read that Dunbar did well in their spring games too.  Hardee returns 8 starters on defense, 7 on offense and got a great transfer from Sebring in at QB.  

7 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Proset,

You ask a fair question, which is why I think we need to wait for the Kickoff Classic vs Robinson to see where TC is at right now. Wiregrass Ranch is a solid 7A 2nd round team that features 5 or 6 D-1 caliber players. This year, they're also a pretty veteran ball club with a heavy junior/senior class.  Of all the games featuring teams I follow, I knew TC/Robinson would be a good test.

TC was without 4 offensive starters in the loss to Wiregrass. They didn't have their star RB Jalen Bussey. He reminds me a bit of Shaun Shivers from last year. He doesn't have the top end speed, nor the brute force in his legs- but he has got similar take off. They also didn't have their top WR Chris Murray, a 6'3 185lb player who doubles as the teams starting safety. The 2 others that didn't play were 2 junior offensive linemen, both starters.  I'm not saying TC would have won, but this will be Bussey's 3rd year starting at RB and is key cog in the Crusader offense.

TC moved the ball at will between the 20's, but couldn't finish drives. The QB is a absolute stud- check out his highlight tape below. He's a rising Sophomore. He's the son of Kenny Kelly of Miami Hurricane fame. I believe Kenny was also a Parade All-American for TC. 

Let's chat again after TC/Robinson in the KO Classic.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10007017/5b01ad77041f4506ec3bbd21

Fair enough. :)

• 3 weeks later...

DP vs. Osceola will open a new stadium in Osceola County. Austin Tindell Park has been a former soccer park that is moving toward football. The new park has 6 new football fields, and a main stadium with a great score board and bleachers. Osceola won in the classic in 2017 in the last 30 seconds. DP won in the last 30 seconds of the of the second round of the play offs. Should be a good one.