School wide rivals

DisabledAccount

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If 2 schools face off in every sport are they rivals? 

For it to be a  true rivalry, the games need to be competitive and the fans have to develop a "dislike" for the other guys.

You would think in most situations where they face off in multiple sports a rivalry would develop. It's usually but not always the case. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

For it to be a  true rivalry, the games need to be competitive and the fans have to develop a "dislike" for the other guys.

You would think in most situations where they face off in multiple sports a rivalry would develop. It's usually but not always the case. 

Hmm 

Do you know of any schools in central Florida who play in every sport? 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Guess Gainesville is rivals then lol

We have had several sports where we are trying to one up the other whether we playing directly or just playing a common opponent 

Plus i want to beat them more than Suwannee, plus as of late i never am fired up for playing Suwannee like i am for playing Gainesville 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Guess Gainesville is rivals then lol

We have had several sports where we are trying to one up the other whether we playing directly or just playing a common opponent 

Plus i want to beat them more than Suwannee, plus as of late i never am fired up for playing Suwannee like i am for playing Gainesville 

That's probably because Gainesville is more competitive. If you are going to win easily year after year, it is hard to be fired up. 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hmm 

Do you know of any schools in central Florida who play in every sport? 

Not in Greater Orlando, as there are so many schools that it is not likely you will be placed in the same district in all sports and while it's an option to have non-district games against your rival it does not always happen. Perhaps Colonial/University and Cypress Creek/Freedom and Boone/Edgewater as in each case, one school either gave birth to the other or both schools came out of a common mother. But I am not sure they play each other in every sport!

The answer to the original is question is no, you're not a rival just bc you play in every sport. You could be in the same district for every sport and not necessarily be a "rival".

When I think of different rivalries, I think of rivalries developed by history (the Soul Bowls), prestige (Carol City/Northwestern/Central), a school coming about to take students away from another (Cypress Bay/Western), neighborhood/proximity (Muck Bowl/Carol City vs Norland/NMB vs North Miami Beach)

10 hours ago, Corey_Davis said:

In the Jax area the two biggest sports rivalries by far are Bolles/Bishop Kenny and Bartram Trail/Creekside

Honorable Mention

Raines/Ribault

Mandarin/Atlantic Coast

Sandalwood/Fletcher  

Yulee/Fernandina Beach

Were all these made traditionally or through competitive nature? 

For Columbia if you look traditional you would say Suwannee is our rival (school wide) 

For competitive standpoint it's Gainesville (school wide) 

Football alone someone like buchholz also comes to mind

In the past when we played yearly someone like Lincoln and St Augustine also stands out 

Also a team like bartram trail has became a playoff rival 

12 hours ago, Corey_Davis said:

In the Jax area the two biggest sports rivalries by far are Bolles/Bishop Kenny and Bartram Trail/Creekside

Honorable Mention

Raines/Ribault

Mandarin/Atlantic Coast

Sandalwood/Fletcher  

Yulee/Fernandina Beach

I remember Bolles and Raines had a good rivalry going in football

I am talking about more than just football here. 

Bolles and BK compete in every sport and its a really big deal, its huge in volleyball, soccer, baseball, track, cross country, swimming

Bartram and Creekside are less than like 2-3 miles and in the same district and knock each other out of the playoffs in several sports.