Videos of Vero Beach playoff losses over the years

FloTech

11 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When Vero won the title in 1981, they gave up 33 points in 4 playoff games.  Won the semi 10-6 and final 10-7.  Defense wins championships,

Yea but that team is almost 40 years old...

And if we don't go deep this year then it will mark 20 years since we've been to the fourth round of the playoffs 

58 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

And if we don't go deep this year then it will mark 20 years since we've been to the fourth round of the playoffs 

Based on the pullout from the competitive jamboree in WPB, it doesn't seem the there is much optimism for this year's program!

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Based on the pullout from the competitive jamboree in WPB, it doesn't seem the there is much optimism for this year's program!

Man if u was at the jamboree game last week you woulda seen why they backed out of the Lakes jamboree that offense ranned by the coaches son was not good South Dade and Palm Beach Central would have had a field day on Coach J son 

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

Man if u was at the jamboree game last week you woulda seen why they backed out of the Lakes jamboree that offense ranned by the coaches son was not good South Dade and Palm Beach Central would have had a field day on Coach J son 

A coaches' son, even if not a gifted athlete, should be well schooled in the fundamentals of the game. If this kid is not, then he should give the sport up. Was the regular starter injured?

1 hour ago, Bocefous70 said:

He’s on the baseball team. They made a playoff run, and he missed almost all of the spring 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A coaches' son, even if not a gifted athlete, should be well schooled in the fundamentals of the game. If this kid is not, then he should give the sport up. Was the regular starter injured?

He was at baseball trust me if celidonio was starting MC and TC woulda got beat pretty bad our D was lights out tho 

12 hours ago, Floridatech said:

my point was that this is what Vero needs to win again ...a defense that holds teams to 14 and under in games

6 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

my point was that this is what Vero needs to win again ...a defense that holds teams to 14 and under in games

There is a physicality and toughness that escapes teams on the treasure coast. I’ve been watching it for years and that’s typically where you see the breakdowns for the areas best teams in the playoffs 

43 minutes ago, Bocefous70 said:

There is a physicality and toughness that escapes teams on the treasure coast. I’ve been watching it for years and that’s typically where you see the breakdowns for the areas best teams in the playoffs 

Imo I think FPC was a better playoff team than Vero was tho

16 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Imo I think FPC was a better playoff team than Vero was tho

Our 2011,2012, and 2013 teams were all very physically and mentally tough. When that group of kids finally graduated there was a stark difference, and ultimately why we only lasted 2 more years as a staff. 

53 minutes ago, Bocefous70 said:

Our 2011,2012, and 2013 teams were all very physically and mentally tough. When that group of kids finally graduated there was a stark difference, and ultimately why we only lasted 2 more years as a staff. 

I feel like when we lost to y'all in 12 and 13 we were the better coached team but y'all were the athletic team and that's how y'all beat us